Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Have a few for you elcheato...

"Pistons May Pursue Boozer"
"Steph Pays The Price"
"Will Bosh Ever Be A Maverick?"

Appreciate it.
Pistons May Pursue Boozer
Detroit might look to upgrade its roster sooner than that by pursuing Utah forward Carlos Boozer, who this week announced he would opt out of his contract and become a free agent this summer.

With the contracts of Rasheed Wallace ($13.8 million) and Allen Iverson ($21 million) coming off the Pistons' payroll this summer, Detroit will be among the teams in position to offer the 6-foot-9 all-star a long-term deal and a bump in salary over the $12.7 million he would earn next season if he were not a free agent. -- Booth Newspapers
Steph Pays The Price
Stephon Marbury | Knicks
Stephon Marbury's publicity stunt at Staples Center Tuesday night didn't come cheaply.

Marbury paid $2,600 for his courtside, front-row, baseline seat -- which was face value, The Post has learned.

According to a Lakers' official, a Marbury rep called the front office looking for two courtside seats for the game, but the club only had one left -- the last seat along the baseline, in the corner. -- New York Post
Will Bosh Ever Be A Maverick?
Chris Bosh | Raptors
So how does Chris Bosh feel about joining his hometown team that he grew up cheering and loving? It might be great, if he actually grew up that way.

"I just wanted to play in the NBA," Bosh said. "Back then with the Mavericks, it wasn't like the Celtics or the Bulls, to be honest. I don't think there were a lot of kids in Dallas [saying] 'I'm going to grow up and play for the Mavericks one day.'"

Said Bosh of someday being a Maverick: "I'm not sure, maybe when I'm real old and almost out of the league. You never know. I'm sure they're going to have people on their free-agent list. It's just something you got to pay attention to when the time comes." -- The Dallas Morning News

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im alittle ify if we should go after Booz.

I love his game, but I dont like how he bolts for money first sign of it...

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Boozer back in Cleveland.. We might have enough cap space this off-season but I'm not sure. Although most Cleveland fans would not like it, he has talent and we are going to need a big man because Big Z and Ben Wallace won't have too many years left. But I'd rather save cap and try to pair a star with LBJ in 2010.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mo Bron and Booz would be niiiiice.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Raptors might be best suited offering up a Bargnani package and a first round draft pick to the Sacramento Kings for John Salmons. The Kings' swingman might be exactly what the Raptors are missing.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Remember Mr. Smith: Thunder forward Joe Smith has been traded eight times in his career, including by the Cavs last summer, and No. 9 could be on the way. Monday the Thunder are expected to signed restricted free agent forward Nenad Krstic to a offer sheet. The New Jersey Nets will have a week to match, though many suspect they will not.

If Kristic joins the Thunder, league executives believe Oklahoma City will look to trade one or two of their excess big men. On the final year of his contract and an established veteran, Smith is a candidate.

The Cavs cannot trade for Smith under league rules. However, there is also a chance he could request a buyout and become a free agent. In that case, the Cavs may give him a look and the feeling could be mutual. Smith will be a free agent next summer as well.

"I would have interest in the Cavs, I'm not sure they would be interested in me," Smith said. "They would be an option."

He's more than a basketball player, too. Last week, Smith debuted his first recording album, called "The Beginning."
I would love to get Joe back in a Cavs uni, he's a good veteran big man, has a solid offensive game, can play D, and can rebound, perfect back up for Ben Wallace, we really need another scoring big off the bench and he would fill it.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's no secret that the Sacramento Kings are in love with Wally Szczerbiak's ending contract. The Kings are officially rebuilding, and Szczerbiak's ending deal is exactly the kind of thing the Kings would love to get a hold of. HOOPSWORLD has learned that the Kings would send Brad Miller and a player to the Kings if it would return Szczerbiak and JJ Hickson.

Hickson is a promising front court player who the Cavaliers were very high on after summer league, where he averaged 19.4 points and 7.8 rebounds per game. Of course, the margin of error for a young player on a championship-caliber team is very small, and JJ isn't finding much of a place for himself in Mike Brown's rotation. Perhaps the Cavs would be willing to let him go in favor of bringing in a front court player who's ready to compete and put up nice numbers immediately.
This better be a BS report.. If we give up our best young prospect and our 13 mill expiring deal to get Brad Miller I'd be outraged.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
sounds like speculation
why on earth would cleveland do that?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cavs better keep Serbs or wait for a better offer..

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
At least Brooklyn's Sebastian Telfair will be allowed into the building tonight.

Stephon Marbury has lost his team. Telfair has just lost his starting point-guard job, not to mention a lot of games.

Things have been better for Telfair, who enters the Garden today in a diminished role, averaging 18.8 minutes a night for a Timberwolves club that has lost 13 straight and owns a 4-23 record.

The banished Marbury is still on the West Coast vacationing so he will not watch his younger cousin face theNew York Knicks . But he does plan to catch Telfair in Minnesota Jan. 2 against Golden State.

"He has to stay ready to play at all times, which I think he will do," Marbury said. "This game is all about confidence. No matter what the situation is, if you are ready to play, you can't be denied unless there is something other than basketball going on."

Telfair signed a two-year, $4.8 million deal with Minnesota as a free agent last July, with a third-year player option. The Knicks had their sights set on Chris Duhon during free agency, but would have considered Telfair if the Duhon signing fell through.

As president Donnie Walsh scours other teams' rosters looking to fill their roster spot through a trade exception or disabled injury exception with a short-term contract, Telfair could be a candidate. Even if he opts in for the third year, his salary would be less than $3 million for 2010-2011.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Hmm Bassy a Knick??

I would love to see that.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To The D-League?
Sean Williams | Nets
Management and the coaching staff has begun to discuss the practicality of sending Sean Williams to the D-League. The decision may be based partly on how long Stromile Swift may be occupied. Williams was inactive again Tuesday night. -- The Star-Ledger
Toronto Raptors
Will Knicks Make A Play For Delfino?
The Knicks could make a play for 6-6 shooting guard Carlos Delfino, who is playing in Russia and technically still is property of the Toronto Raptors. The Knicks could sign Delfino to an offer sheet and hope the Raptors don't match. -- Newsday

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind having Bassy in NY, but Duhon has played so well for us. And is a better fit for the starting spot.

Telfair would be goodto have coming off the bench as our backup PG though, as for Delfino, Idk about him, I mean we need bodies, but I dont think he's an NBA caliber player. I never though he was.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
While Bell and Ridnour have health and injury issues, Tyronn Lue doesn't have either. But Lue's status appears to be up in the air as well. It is believed the Bucks have an offer on the table from the Los Angeles Lakers for Lue, with the Bucks receiving veteran big man Chris Mihm in return.
Farmar is out
Lue know PJ well (two titles with L.A. backing up DFish---hey what a coincidence that would be)
Mihm never plays
We still have Powell and Mbenga to replace Mihm
I hope MIlwaukee could use Mihm as his expiring contract ;)

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Lakers Concern About The Point Guard Position

The Los Angeles Lakers have been one of the better teams so far this season. But for the defending Western Conference Champions not having a true backup point guard, it could cost them, as long as Jordan Farmar is on the bench recovering from knee surgery.

Derek Fisher openly stated he doesn't mind the heavy minutes, but with his age and the way he throws his body around, that formula for success for the Lakers might run out eventually. General Manager Mitch Kupchak knows with Farmar being out at least eight weeks with a knee injury this team might need to start thinking about making a move to help Fisher.

"I can't put a percentage on it," Kupchak told the Los Angeles Times. "But I don't think we're looking for a practice player. If we're going to sign someone, it has to be a player we feel we can put in the game. If we can't find that player, we should probably do nothing."

Being able to sign players to 10-day contracts starting January 5th might not effect the Lakers decision either way.

The reason for the hesitation on making such a move for the Lakers is the fact that they currently have 14 players on the roster, which leaves one roster spot open. The biggest question is would they want to throw money into a player that they would only be renting until the All-Star break with Farmar set to return? NBA teams can begin signing ten-day contracts in the coming weeks, so that may be the Lakers' best option.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A name to watch: Flip Saunders, who could wind up as Sacramento’s head coach next season. Saunders is living in Minneapolis, waiting for another chance after being fired by Detroit after last season.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That would be a step in the right direction for the Kings.

A quality coach to go along with young talent,and young players that are still learning the game.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yep, agreed.
Enough of these young guys who have never coached.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Knicks and Nuggets had serious enough discussions about a David Lee-for-Linas Kleiza trade earlier this month that Lee got word something was possible.

Denver coach George Karl reportedly persuaded Nuggets' management to hang on to Kleiza because of his versatility.

Both Kleiza and Lee will be restricted free agents this summer.
LINK

WTF.

All I can say is thank you George Karl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%