Rumored Transaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Never really thought of Hedo coming to Toronto until Maple mentioned it, but do you think there is a possibility of him signing in Toronto? We are stuck at the small forward spot with Kopono traded away, and Parker leaving and Hedo would be perfect with Jose, DeRozan, and Bosh. We have the money he wants too.
Chad Ford mentioned it in his chat, and it makes a lot of sense

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A team source claims the Knicks will offer Lee a four-year deal worth $32 million, which is below his asking price of $10 million per season. The Knicks have the right to match any offer given to Lee, as well as Robinson, but the club wants to remain fiscally responsible as it pertains to the summer of 2010.

"There's no question he'd love to stay in New York," Lee's agent, Mark Bartelstein said yesterday. "But you are only a free agent so many times in our career, especially in the prime of your career."

Portland is expected to make a strong push for Lee, who averaged career bests in scoring (16 points) and rebounds (11.7). Detroit and Oklahoma City also have the cap room to make Lee a substantial offer.

It is no coincidence that the Knicks drafted a power forward (Jordan Hill) and a guard (Toney Douglas) as insurance in case they lose Lee and Robinson. Of the two, the Knicks seem more committed to keeping Lee. Robinson could stick around if he were to accept the Knicks' $2.9 million qualifying offer. The Knicks also have the option of working out a sign-and-trade with either Lee or Robinson.
Its looking like his best bet at this point, the Grizz were said to offer him lik 50/55mil for 5 years but the owner "nixed" the deal lol, which means OKC is the only other team who could steal him away from us since Detroit signed BG and CV, Portland is close to signing Hedo.

But if Utah resigns Millsap (since their expected to trade Boozer) then he'll probably bolt for OKC, hopefully we could make some kind of S&T if that happens.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn 2.9 for nate..I'd definetly leave if i were him.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Donnie Walsh e-mailed the Associated Press and seemed to imply that the Knicks will have more salary cap flexibility in the summer of 2010 than currently projected.

"I have a little leeway which will leave me in good position for next year," Walsh wrote. "I know what it is but do not talk much about it."

It is not clear whether Walsh is referring to an unannounced player move that would reduce the Knicks' salary cap burden. Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries have the two largest contracts that remain on the team's books for the 2010-2011 season.
Whatever it is, maybe thats why we're reported to have offered DLee and Kidd deals that could cut into our 2010 CAP

Maybe the Mobley/Curry for TMac deal? but any deal that sheds us of Jared Jeffried is a good one.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And we've signed Morris Almond, the player I wanted us to draft over Dub C (thank GOD that didnt happen)

But depending on how he performs in the Summer League, depends on if he gets a contract.

Utah never gave him a chance and he did his thing in the DLeague (24PPG 4RPG and shot over 50%) Hopefully he can do something in NY.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dwyane Wade says that he'll stay in Miami for the long-term if the Heat can contend for the NBA title.

Wade, who can opt out of his contract next summer, said Monday that simply getting to the playoffs "is not enough" to satisfy him.

He can sign an extension as early as next week, but the guard wants assurance that the Heat will do what it takes to field a championship-caliber team.
Well their not contending anytime soon....

They have to make significant moves between now and next summer if they want to keep him.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm gonna unpin this because we got the NBA Free-Agency thread.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When Free Agency is over this should be pinned again.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah, i'll switch the two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%