Rumored Transaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There also was speculation Sunday that Oklahoma City might be preparing to make a push to sign Paul Millsap as a restricted free agent. Former Jazz director of player personnel Troy Weaver now is an assistant general manager with the Thunder.

The Thunder unsuccessfully tried to sign away C.J. Miles from the Jazz last summer. They are expected to have $11 million in salary-cap space and could offer a contract in the neighborhood of five years and $65 million to a free agent. Detroit and Portland also could be potential Millsap suitors.
Would be a good move for OKC since they lack a true low post scorer, their building their young team to be Western conference contenders, and could be making noise in about 4-5 years, maybe even sooner.

(Nate) Robinson won’t command nearly as much in salary, but his popularity as an electrifying 5-9 guard and two-time Slam Dunk champion could be valuable as an attraction in some small markets. According to one league source, the Lakers inquired about Robinson’s availability after his 33-point performance at the Staples Center on Dec. 16. Kobe Bryant has expressed adoration for Robinson and owner Jerry Buss was said to be smitten after that game. The Sacramento Kings also were close to a deal for Robinson and Jeffries before the trade deadline and there are indications that the deal could still take place this summer.

Robinson had a breakthrough season statistically – career-high 17.2 points per game – but his ball-dominating, one-on-one mentality does not fit well in Mike D’Antoni’s system. The Knicks drafted a rugged point guard, Toney Douglas, the 29th overall pick on Thursday and are also in the market for a starting point guard with the plan to move Chris Duhon to a backup role this season.
I wonder what the Kings offered, whatever it was it sounds good since they would take sorry ass Jeffries too.

But Im sure Mexi would love Nate in LA lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh man.
Nate in L.A. would just be insane.

wow, i dont even want to dream about it though because it wont happen lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
76ers general manager Ed Stefanski has denied a rumor that the team could trade Elton Brand to the Heat.

The rumor, which was printed in the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, was apparently build around the fact that Miami signed Brand to an offer sheet a few years ago.

The "rumored" deal had Philadelphia shipping Brand to the Heat for Jermaine O'Neal and Daequan Cook.

"Absolutely not," Stefanski said of any talks between the two clubs.

Via Philadelphia Inquirer
Think about it, that does sound fine. Philly would get a 23Mill expiring in JO and could sign one of the loved FA's.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
give elton a chance

if he comes back strong like he's supposed to, things will be fine

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the 76ers still want to run up and down the court, he'll be just as bad again. Doesn't fit the 76ers at all. He'd be great on a slower paced Heat team.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bucks general manager John Hammond confirmed Monday that Charlie Villanueva would not receive a $4.6 million qualifying offer by the Tuesday deadline.

The Bucks' decision means Villanueva will be an unrestricted free agent, able to sign with any NBA team beginning July 8. Teams may begin negotiating with free agents on Wednesday.

Hammond said the team has made qualifying offers to restricted free agents Ramon Sessions and Ersan Ilyasova. That allows the Bucks to match any offers made to them by other NBA clubs.
Pretty much means he is coming to Cleveland unless a team with loads of CAP space makes a huge offer.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ersan Ilyasova?
I must say, I have never heard of him

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh wait I just saw his picture, yes I have lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
omg he does

you know Oleksiy Pecherov?

Stewey Griffin

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Would be a good move for OKC since they lack a true low post scorer, their building their young team to be Western conference contenders, and could be making noise in about 4-5 years, maybe even sooner.

I wonder what the Kings offered, whatever it was it sounds good since they would take sorry ass Jeffries too.

But Im sure Mexi would love Nate in LA lol
Could be Kenny Thomas' expiring maybe?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
actually, now that you think of it, how about a S&T with Adam Morrison and Farmar for Nate?

both are expiring contracts and would seem to fit D'Antoni's style.
and they're both young players. with the Knicks not having Q anymore, maybe Morrison could get Gallo's minutes as he gets Q;s minutes

just a thought

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im hoping we get some reak talent when /if we trade Lee and Nate.

Id want to pass on Ammo, Farmar would be a nice fill-in, and we do need a backup PG.

Kenny Thomas wouldnt be bad niether, but If we were to trade with the Kings Id like to at least get Rodriguez from them too.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ed is tripping I'd trade EB to the heat for JO with no problem.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ed is tripping I'd trade EB to the heat for JO with no problem.
+1

All the Sixers' games I went to last season & I saw Elton on the floor ZERO times. I feel like Brand, even healthy, adds nothing exciting to this team. The Sixers need to do something & need to bring in a big shot veteran. Iggy is maxed on talent, Miller is gone but some good, young talent on the rise with Speights, Young and now Holiday.

O'Neal would be huge for this city, something to get excited about.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Broussard was on Roda came across Artest. Said this could change how Houston reacts after knowing Yao will be out for the season or forever. Said Houston might let McGrady contract expire and rebuild to have a crack in 2010. Why pay Ron Artest when your going to have to rebuild cause of Yao's injury? Also said he would love to play with Lebron/Shaq and If Houston dont resign him that Cleveland is the only choice. Sac,OKC,Mem,Det,Atl would not be good fits for Artest. Could play for the MLE and might have to If Houston dont resign him.
Oh man what a line up. Mo - Delonte - Artest - LBJ - Shaq.. Its a shame this won't happen lol

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh man what a line up. Mo - Delonte - Artest - LBJ - Shaq.. Its a shame this won't happen lol
Could you imagine Shaq's ego & Ron-Ron's ego in the same locker room?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, there are plenty of reasons on why it probably wont happen and that's one. But if Artest actually wants to win he might put his ego aside, but that's doubtful.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, there are plenty of reasons on why it probably wont happen and that's one. But if Artest actually wants to win he might put his ego aside, but that's doubtful.
I really want to see Jason Kidd end up in Cleveland. Watching the ECF, I felt like the Cavs just don't move the ball around enough. It's either LeBron waiting for the lane to open up or Mo Williams sprint-dribbling all over the floor. I think Kidd would really open up the floor & set up some better scoring opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%