Rumored Transaction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rasheed stops Dwight, maybe that's why they want him? If Cavs get him or the Celtics then they'll have to deal with him. For wahtever reason Sheed can still help contain Dwight.

He would ruin the team and chuck shots, but they should know that, yet they are still looking at him.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Grizzlies and Clippers agreed in principle to a trade involving Zach Randolph, but Los Angeles owner Donald Sterling nixed the deal.

During Thursday night's NBA Draft, the two clubs worked out a deal centered around Randolph and Darko Milicic. Memphis guard Greg Buckner would have also been part of the trade.

After Sterling stopped the deal, the Grizzlies traded Milicic to the Knicks for Quentin Richardson.

Via Memphis Commercial Appeal
Does this mean Zach is being shooped and not Kaman or Camby? :(

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take Charlie V over Sheed to be honest. The Cavs already have a pretty solid defense, just match up problems killed us, but Villanueva would help with that, considering he is a lot more athletic then Varejao, and he is a good scorer, which we need more of.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A year from now, Donnie Walsh's rebuilding plan for the Knicks will reach the ignition stage. T-minus 368 days and counting.

This summer, the main goal is about maintaining as much salary-cap space as possible for the summer of 2010, when some of the game's top players — LeBron James, for one — are expected to be available.

The free-agency period begins Wednesday, and the immediate matter to tend to will be the team's restricted free agents, David Lee and Nate Robinson. Walsh has indicated that he hopes to be able to re-sign both, but that is highly unlikely. What also appears unlikely is that either will be involved in a potential trade for Timberwolves draft pick Ricky Rubio, despite some apparently baseless reports out of Spain.

The Knicks' interest in the Spanish guard is not great enough to take back a contract, which is the only way a deal would work that would involve Lee or Robinson.
Rubio isnt worth it anyways, I will say this.

If we were able to trade for him, then Im ok with it (depending the deal) if we dont then Im ok with it.

Thing is Duhon isnt a franchise PG, Nate isnt either, so the search for a PG continues, I would like to see us look to trade an expiring for a PG. I was hoping the Spanish Chocolate deal to happen but I guess Sacramento changed their minds.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As July 1st is coming up fast, the Hornets are getting ready to finish setting up their team for this upcoming year. Spoke to my buddy and he said that unless something comes up to expect these moves in the next 2-3 weeks.

1.) TC for Ben Wallace

Devin might be a part of the deal too although it is not a deal breaker either way but the Hornets have no use for him this year so they want to dump him in the trade. The only reason this trade hasnt gone through yet is because of Phoenix's holdup with the Amare trade. That is their #1 priority right now but both teams want to get the TC for Wallace trade done.

2.) Pargo resigning

I know most arent a big fan of this but the FO really thinks they will be able to move AD for a big and they dont want to turn over tha backup spot to a rookie and have no insurance policy on top of that. The only problem here will be if another team offers Pargo a 2 year deal. If not, and he has a bunch of 1 yr deals to choose from, he will be ours.

3.) AD for Camby

The rest of the offseason will be spent trying to get 2 bigs- 1 backup and 1 starting center. Camby is the ideal mark and an AD for Camby deal would seem more likely than Peja for Camby right now because my friend says the Clips feel they can get a much better player for Camby if they are willing to take on multiple years. But either way, dont expect this move to come soon. They will take time and explore all their options- so this might be a while.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Antonio Daniels for Marcus Camby will not happen lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I don't think the Clippers will settle for that. The Nuggets might of lol.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Well I don't think the Clippers will settle for that. The Nuggets might of lol.
Camby's salary is hell. Plus, they have a log jam at the PF/C spot and they're weak at PG. It wouldn't be a bad idea.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Camby's salary is hell. Plus, they have a log jam at the PF/C spot and they're weak at PG. It wouldn't be a bad idea.
If the Hornets are so hell bent on not paying a luxury tax, then they want nothing to do with Camby's contract.

Only way I can see Nola trading for Camby is if they deal Chandler...and in which case Rip is right, Antonio Daniels isn't equal market value at all.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AD for Camby isn't bad as Camby is an expiring, and Devnevr dealt him to be away with his contract..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AD for Camby isn't bad as Camby is an expiring, and Devnevr dealt him to be away with his contract..
Yeah it isn't bad for New Orleans but LA could get more than AD.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who is actually going to give up something for Camby when they know the Clippers have to get rid of him to make room for Blake?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A team who wants an expiring contract and one of the best defenders in the league..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
no no no. i'm telling you right now, thats BS.

Out of the log jam of bigs the clips have(minus Griffin) in Kaman/Z-Bo/Camby, they like Camby the most.
He was so good this past year. nobody realized it. IMO he was the Clips best player along with Eric Gordon.

but its not just me, the Clips love him. thats why they didnt trade him at the deadline.
He still has some left in the tank and is an expiring. They won't trade him until at least the deadline, if at all.

but its hard to trade Kaman and Randolph because no one wants them.
It's a tough situation and if they have to trade Camby they might, but they really don't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%