2009 NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And thats why draft night will actually be fun for once.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Idk about that, I think this draft os alot deeper then many think, its not filled with a bunch of guys that can come in and play right away, but it has alot of players that have extremely high cielings.
Yup.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
there's gonna be a million trades

and dez, eh. i think it's full of role players. it's deep in that sense i guess. but no real star potental guys other than maybe rubio and a few others, and of course griffin but thats iffy with me.

i'm back to questioning him after hating him, then loving him lol

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I do agree that there will be a few guys that are taken higher then they should (Thabeet, Curry, Henderson, James Johnson, Hansbrough and maybe Ellington)

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm pretty much sold that Petrie is going to draft Curry. It seems like a pick he'd make. I'd hate it.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the Kings might go with Flynn, but it might not be as bad a pick, alot of GMs are saying he;s the most NBA ready other then Griffin.

I wouldnt mind having Flynn though, I would just rather Jordan Hill or Reke Evans.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard that too. I actually like Flynn. I wouldn't mind the pick.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dang that Udrih signing F'd up the Kings.
now its like yo uhave to draft a PG. not a bad idea, but you could have gotten someone like Ramon Sessions via FA. Bucks arent gonna keep him I read. i'm not sure when he's available though. after this following season i think?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Ramon is a FA this season..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh ok, i wasnt sure. i just read that they're not keeping him.
nice under the radar signing for someone

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea cause I read the Bucks have choices with Charlie and Ramon being FA's.
I would like to snag Ramon and maybe put Stuckey at SG.. Won't happen.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think charlotte is gonna trade felton on draft day.
gut feeling i just got. i havent read anything about him being shopped since the deadline, but i think now's the time

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We could still maybe sign him. We'll have like 7m in cap space or something like that after we sign our draft picks.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Wizards are reportedly interested in Larry Hughes and Jared Jeffries of the Knicks.

Both Hughes and Jeffries have played in Washington in the past. The Wizards tried to get Hughes from Chicago last season, but New York ended up getting him instead.

The Knicks are aware that Washington isn't overly excited about who might be available with the fifth overall pick in this week's draft.

Wilson Chandler's name was mentioned in rumors, but that wasn't something New York offered up, according to Newsday.

If able to snatch up the fifth pick, the Knicks might be able to ensure they'd get Stephen Curry.
If we were able to snag the 5th pick for just Hughes/Jeffries and our 8th thats a steal.

I dont think we'd be moving up for Curry though, at least I hope not and I hope newsday is right, cause I remember D'Antoni saying last year the only untouchables were Dub C and Gallo.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Rubio is reportedly returning to Sacramento tomorrow for a workout, which should ease one of the concerns the team has about being unable to watch him last week."
[Jonny] Flynn was at the top of their board coming into the workout, but [Tyreke] Evans emerged at the top. His physicality was just too much for Flynn, Curry or Calathes to handle. As one Kings scout remarked, "It was a man beating up boys."

all_star

Reaction score
I'm excited for the draft. I hope we draft Patrick Mills or someone like him who can outrun even Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If anyone didn't catch that. Rick Rubio is actually doing a workout.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LSU's Marcus Thornton recently had a solid workout for the Hornets, and while a couple of teams who pick after the Hornets have Thornton very high on their draft boards, it's very likely the Hornets would take him at 21. He's as good behind the three-point arch as anyone in the class, and though he's a little undersized for an NBA two at 6'4", he's a player who can create instant offense as a key member of someone's second unit.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marcus Thornton is better then the 21st pick, but of the Hornets get him at 21 then they have aplayer that can come in right away and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%