2009 Free-Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah the Jazz already own our pick this year...

But I dont think the Bucks will match, theres a reason we gave him a 5 year offer, thats alot harder to move.

I got my fingers crossed that Sessions is our next new addition...
If the Knicks sign Sessions you can say good bye to that dream of getting two superstars, even though it was unlikely even without Sessions..

"If the Knicks sign Sessions:

They will have $33 million locked up in contracts next summer, assuming they pick up Danillo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler's team options which they most likely will.

That means, assuming they can sign a max contract player (approx. $16.5 million) that leaves them approximately $0 - 3 million in cap space left (based on a $50 - 53 million cap) to fill 5 roster spots.

This is all not including David Lee or Nate Robinson."

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Cavaliers' first-round draft pick, the raw-shooting guard Christian Eyenga, will play in Spain next season instead of coming to Cleveland, his agent confirmed Thursday.

However, the three-year deal he signed with DKV Joventut this week has enough flexibility that Eyenga can join the Cavaliers after each season of preparation spent abroad.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks president Donnie Walsh has had advanced discussions with Von Wafer, according to the guard's agent.

Wafer averaged 9.7 points last season, and actually played for New York's summer league team in 2008.

A source claims that the two parties are trying to arrange a visit to New York. Walsh is reportedly interested in giving Wafer a one-year deal worth the biannual exception.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wafer would be a nice fill-in if Nate leaves, he brings a similar game.

Scoring spark off the bench, with range.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True, but thats what we expected from him, to score, and that was basically it.

He did his job, Id still rather Nate though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The latest rumor involving the Knicks has the team signing-and-trading David Lee to the Jazz for Carlos Boozer.

Lee acknowledged earlier this week that he is getting frustrated with his situation as a free agent.

The move might be a questionable one for the Jazz, especially since they recently matched Portland's offer sheet for Paul Millsap, who is similar to Lee in a number of ways.

Both Boozer and Lee have been linked to a number of teams this offseason.

Via Deseret News

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Raptors have one roster spot left after agreeing to terms with center Rasho Nesterovic on Friday.

The Toronto Star is reporting that Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo continues to negotiate with Carlos Delfino, who played for the team during the 2007-08 season.

Via Toronto Star
The Grizzlies have rescinded their $3 million qualifying offer to Hakim Warrick, giving them more flexibility on the free-agent market.

Warrick shared time at power forward with Darrell Arthur last season, but Memphis acquired Zach Randolph this summer.

For the time being, Warrick will remain on the Grizzlies' cap at $6.2 million - 300 percent of his salary in 2008-09.

However, Memphis could move about $9 million below the cap if they fully renounce their rights to Warrick or move him in a sign-and-trade.

The move could pave the way for the Grizzlies to add Allen Iverson.

"I'm not a guy who says things automatically cannot happen, because funny things can start to happen in free agency. We haven't closed the door on anybody. It would be premature to do that," general manager Chris Wallace told ESPN.com. "We like Hakim and felt he contributed, but we wanted a little more flexibility going forward in free agency."

Via ESPN

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow David Lee leaving NY I can't see that

The Knicks are semi trying to win? What

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I really hope the Grizz don't add Iverson to their roster. IMO, it would be a disaster. Although, I could see why they would probably do it, to sell tickets.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah not that the Jazz have matched the offer to Millsap it really wouldn't make make sense to S&T for Lee. I would still want to see it happen though.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And their team is already in bad shape Sheed, ZBo has hella talent, but when they say he's a blackhole its the truth. Doesn't matter where he is he's going to shoot.

But AI could still help somebody, lets not act like he still doesn't have it.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really hope the Grizz don't add Iverson to their roster. IMO, it would be a disaster. Although, I could see why they would probably do it, to sell tickets.
Iverson is looking for a team where he can be the star IMO like back in Philly. He can really make a bounce back in his career if that happens

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Iverson is looking for a team where he can be the star IMO like back in Philly. He can really make a bounce back in his career if that happens
No way, I thought he wanted to be a bench player :headsmack:

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Gooden via twitter said he is going to decide today on his team

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nba.com/spurs said:
The San Antonio Spurs announced that they have signed center Theo Ratliff. Per team policy terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nate Robinson is on the verge of returning to the Knicks for at least one more season.
Robinson is expected to agree to a one-year, $5 million contract soon.

Via Yahoo! Sports

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's right, come on back Nate.

He'll get the deal he wants next year, whether its from us or another team.

But 5mil sounds right for a top 6th man.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Clippers remain interested in Ramon Sessions, but the point guard's camp is rumored to be worried about competition on the roster.

According to HoopsWorld, Sessions is fine with Baron Davis, but doesn't want to share the court, and playing time, with both Davis and Sebastian Telfair.

Los Angeles may have to move Telfair, who they recently landed in a trade with Minnesota, if they want sign Sessions.

However, sources out of Milwaukee claim that the Bucks will strongly consider matching any offer that the restricted free agent receives.

Via HoopsWorld

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yahoo! Sports reported early Sunday that the Knicks and restricted free-agent guard Nate Robinson were close to a one-year deal worth $5 million.

However, Alan Hahn of Newsday has been unable to confirm the report.

Hahn wrote late Sunday that neither Robinson, nor his representation, has discussed any numbers on a possible deal.
Damn YAHOO!, having me all excited...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%