2009 Free-Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A S&T of Lee for Sessions is ok, but then Ramon would be hella overpaid LOL.

Maple, I've read Rip for Stack Dampier and a 1st rumor.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i heard the damp and stack for rip rumor but not with the first involved....and I don't want that....we've gone into a bad habit in giving away our firsts, we don't have our first next year unless we don't make the playoffs...it's lottery protected.

So I doubt we do a deal with us adding a first

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I wouldn't like that at all. We need to go after someone younger and more productive than Dampier.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the point of the trade for Detroit would be Stack and Damp which is a 19.1 expiring for the 2010 FA class.

I haven't heard the first included, and I would totally be against that and I'm sure all MAvs fans would be

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldn't like that at all. We need to go after someone younger and more productive than Dampier.
Damp and Stack give us more expirings, unless Damp accepts his option. Either way I somewhat like that.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the point of the trade for Detroit would be Stack and Damp which is a 19.1 expiring for the 2010 FA class.

I haven't heard the first included, and I would totally be against that and I'm sure all MAvs fans would be
Not so sure, Rip would give you guys ANOTHER 20ppg scorer. Kidd/Rip/JHo/Dirk/Gortat(?) is not bad and is a step up from your team of last season IMO. But you would be in rebuilding hardship lol, you'd have all your starters locked up longterm..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hellz yeah I like that lol.
We aren't going anywhere this year anyways lol.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know, but the 1st is what no Mavs fan wants to give up. That would give us 2 more years without a first.

But I have heard a DAmp/Stack for Rip rumor, no first I've heard though

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also bringing Stack back to Detroit to retire would be kind of cool.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
another rumor I heard with the Stack/Damp package would be bringing in the Maverick killer....Stephen Jackson

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He would make our bench a ton better. Plus Damp could get 10/10/2 for us, I think anyways. Then we would just need to work on getting a backup PG <_<

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
another rumor I heard with the Stack/Damp package would be bringing in the Maverick killer....Stephen Jackson
Really? No way, I don't see that happening AT ALL. Only reason is to rebuild for 2010, but Damp has a Player Option anyways. That's nuts lol. Nellie would kill himself, no small ball? LOL

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
After thinking about it and looking up that they have expirings, I wouldn't mind that too much. We would have some money for next offseason to sign a real Center.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bench Damp and Stack lol.

Stack is not worthy of playing, he should just retire, but he is valuable because he is a 7 million expiring, and Damp has a 12.1 team option after this year. Would make Warriors players in 2010 FA class

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ooh, it's a team option? Damn, I want to move Rip for Damp and Stack ASAP. Forget the 1st, ours would be 11-16 anways. I want that 13-16mill we'd have to go after a real starting C and get some nice depth. Then we'd be a real Piston team again.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damp actually is a team option after this year because he will not live up to the requirements in the deal when we signed him

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What centers? It's all PF's again I believe.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Then sign a Power Forward and have him play Center.. Amare?!? LOL, your right. I want a real Center!

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Contrary to reports, the Wizards are not interested in signing free agent guard Stephon Marbury.

Marbury has been linked to Washington. Flip Saunders coached Marbury in Minnesota, but interest in a reunion appears to be solely one-sided.
Didnt understand the reasoning in them wanting Marbury anyway, whatever happened to him going overseas after his contract was up? lol

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's why there has been so much talk about a possible sign-and-trade between Portland and New York. Portland would likely part with small forward Travis Outlaw and point guard Steve Blake
if a deal can be reached

An uneven trade is another option, knowing Portland has money to work with.
Not a bad deal if it was to happen, Blake and Duhon would be an ok 1/2 punch at PG. Good enough to last us this season. Outlaw has shown improvement and would be a good spark off the bench, which will be needed if we lose out on Nate.

Just wonder what their contracts look like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%