2009 Free-Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not sure Portland needs a 8-11Mill bench player in Lee though. They already have LaMarcus and Oden getting 30+ minutes.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True, and Lee wants to start, so Im starting to believe he'll resign unless a team over the CAP steps up and proposes a S&T that we really like.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Does anybody have a stream of the summer league games? That site the nba is using is not working for me and i want to see our game.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even after signing Rasheed Wallace, the Celtics still have interest in veteran forward Grant Hill.

Boston could offer Hill their biannual exception, which is worth $1.9 million.

Hill, 36, could receive better offers from teams like the Knicks, who are coached by Mike D'Antoni, Hill's coach from the 2007-08 season in Phoenix.

He would play behind Paul Pierce in Boston.

Via Boston Globe

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
according to 710 espn. trevor is thinking of not keeping his word and sign with the cavs instead.

no link, it was said on the radio, right now.

John Ireland just said this, David Lee had no comment. The rumors are that trevor wants to go to the cavs.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers reach contract terms with backup point guard Shannon Brown for a two-year deal. Broderick Turner.
Got it off the latimes twitter

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2 more years of LA fans hyping up a scrub

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Dallas Mavericks, who have agreed to bring Jason Kidd back with a three-year, $25 million deal, are trying to work out a sign-and-trade with Toronto for Shawn Marion, CBSSports.com has learned.

The deal could provide an alternative for the Raptors to renouncing Marion's rights in a bid to clear cap space for its addition of Hedo Turkoglu. But sign-and-trades are particularly complicated, especially in this case, because Toronto is reluctant to take back salary, a person familiar with the situation said.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The S&T would be for Kidd? makes no sense, since they have Calderon already...

And I thought the Raptors couldnt S&T Marion since they renounced his rights.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
I'm not sure Portland needs a 8-11Mill bench player in Lee though. They already have LaMarcus and Oden getting 30+ minutes.
Agree 100% with this. I'm a fan of Lee, he's a good player but I don't want him if he wants 10 mill per year.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they would sign and trade for Stackhouse, don't think they would do it for Kidd. I think it's just saying Kidd resigned.

Trevor on the Cavs wouldn't be bad, I guess LeBron could play PF? Or would they just go at it without a PF and have Trevor off the bench? All I know is he's going to get booed sooooooo bad in Houston if he bolts for Cleveland lol.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ahh nvm, they can still S&T him since they havent renounced him yet.

The deal would be very good for Dallas, gives them a reliable third scorer behind Dirk and JH5, plus it would allow them to run more and allow Kidd to do what Kidd does.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Dallas Mavericks and Toronto Raptors are discussing a sign-and-trade for Shawn league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Dallas is dangling the partially guaranteed contract of Mavs forward Jerry Stackhouse to acquire Marion. Stackhouse, 34, has only $2 million of his $7 million salary guaranteed for this season, and whomever trades for Stackhouse can buy out the deal by Aug. 10. The Raptors aren’t likely interested in taking back salary in a sign-and-trade deal for Marion, a former All-Star forward, so Stackhouse is an intriguing possibility.

It’s possible that Dallas would have to sweeten the deal with cash and/or draft picks to satisfy the Raptors.

The Raptors were close to re-signing Marion until Hedo Turkoglu had a change of heart and agreed to a 5 year, $53 million contract with the Raptors. Toronto needs to renounce Marion, Anthony Parker and Carlos Delfino to create the cap space to sign Turkoglu.

After a midseason trade from Miami, Marion averaged 14 points and eight rebounds with the Raptors.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cavs had a meeting with Channing Frye, could be a decent player for us either off the bench or he could start if we don't get anyone else.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2 more years of LA fans hyping up a scrub
shut up.

2 years/4.5M is fine for what he'll do.
Fisher's minutes will go down this year and like I said, Shannon was good for the minutes he played.

He may sucked with LeBron, but he's fine with Kobe in L.A.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Also sucked in Chicago and Charlotte. :]

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well i know you saw him in the playoffs this season
he was fine.

its not like we're relying on him to be the go-to PG

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He fits with LA's game. I think Channing Fyre in Cleveland could be nice for him and that team. If he starts it's two 7 footers in him and Shaq. I'd also like to see them try for Dyess. I'd honestly rather see them sign two PF's like Frye and Dyess then Trevor.

But at the same time that's more win now and doesn't show LeBron they are building for the future.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He showed signs, don't think he will be anything special, but you said the same.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He fits with LA's game. I think Channing Fyre in Cleveland could be nice for him and that team. If he starts it's two 7 footers in him and Shaq. I'd also like to see them try for Dyess. I'd honestly rather see them sign two PF's like Frye and Dyess then Trevor.

But at the same time that's more win now and doesn't show LeBron they are building for the future.
Frye, Dyess, and Trevor are all going to look for most of the MLE lol. Meaning they can only sign 1. Unless Dyess decides he will take a large paycut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%