Pistons 09/10 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't even care how we play under him, he is just a great personality lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, Why did he hit JHo in tha balls?!?

LAWZ

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Looked like a complete accident lmao.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Was reading around on the realgm forum. The Pistons average age of last season was 28. And if we keep the roster the way it is now, it would be just over 24 years old.

Which means we can have all the youngsters grow together <3

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea and all we lost was three players! I just hope these young guns pan out.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
They will. In a couple years we should be beastly.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
The Pistons are expected to clear some cap space in hopes of signing a big man.

Antonio McDyess signed with the Spurs earlier this week, and Detroit could go after either Glen Davis or Brandon Bass.

In order to clear space, the Pistons will most likely try to move Arron Afflalo and Walter Sharpe.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope we move Walter, I like Aaron ;)

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't really get why we need to remove Afflalo.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
He won't be getting any time with Rip and BG at the 2.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Report: Arron Afflalo could be headed to Denver
The Denver Post is reporting that Detroit Piston shooting guard, Arron Afflalo, could be traded to the Denver Nuggets to join his former teammate Chauncey Billups.

The Detroit Pistons are likely looking to trade guard Arron Afflalo to clear cap space to sign another big man and my colleague, Benjamin Hochman, has learned that the Nuggets could be Afflalo's next stop. Afflalo averaged 6.3 points per game on 47 percent shooting for the Pistons last season, his second season in the NBA out of UCLA. The 6-5 guard was in-and-out of the lineup as Detroit tried multiple lineups throughout the season.

Those fits the rumors that Joe Dumars may be looking to trade Afflalo and Walter Sharpe to clear extra cap space in order to sign a big man free agent. With Brandon Bass signing with the Orlando Magic, the next big man on Joe's list may be Glen 'Big Baby' Davis. This could also explain why Sharpe hasn't shown up to practice with the Detroit Piston summer league team. Stay tuned..

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
How much CAP does Denver have? Or do they have to add something?

And I just read this:

Pistons general manager Joe Dumars has made a number of moves this offseason, but says that he still has more work to do.

Detroit has already signed free agents Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva, fired coach Michael Curry and hired John Kuester as his replacement.

"We definitely have more work to do," Dumars told the Detroit News. "And that means immediately -- free-agent stuff and a possible trade to create more cap space. Not only are we transitioning on the court, we're transitioning in the type of players we're acquiring."

While the Pistons have a tradition of winning this decade, Dumars doesn't want to put undo pressure on the shoulders of his new coach.

"Expectations the last seven years were very high, make or break," Dumars said. "That's not the gun to John's head right now. We just want to get headed in the right direction."

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Denver has no cap space, I really don't think moving Sharpe and Afflalo will help that much. I mean we will then have like 4 mill in cap, we offer 4 mill to Glen Davis? Boston laughs and then matches that offer.

Joe needs to forget about getting more cap space, he needs to use what we have and try to make a move for a STARTING CENTER, not try to sign another height challenged fat Power Forward.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Exactly. We have Maxiell and I am sure Tay and/or Summers/Daye can split up time at the PF spot. But I mean who knows what he is trying to do.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
From DETPistons Twitter:

KL: Pistons starting Daye, Summers, Plaisted, Washington and Sean Singletary in Summer League opener. Signed Jeremy Pargo from Gonzaga.
Jeremy Pargo signed to the SL Team or actual roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%