Pistons 09/10 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I think we would be the Etroit Pistons. No D at all lol.
And worst case scenario is we re-sign him at the end of the year instead of using his huge expiring on Bosh, Amare, etc..

Would be perfect..

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I hope this is for real. Who would backup Gordon at SG then since we just traded Afflalo?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Deron Washington!
Ew lol..

Maybe we sign Wallace for the minimum and go after Kyle Korver?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I read the reason we didn't make the Deron Washington signing official is so we don't use our cap on him yet. So we can use our cap on a backup big and a Boozer trade then sign Deron to be our backup SG and third string PG.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Deron will most likely be on the IR. He will be last year's Walter Sharpe. Kyle would be a nice addition though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Deron can handle Afflalo's minutes. He's an athletic freak and swat the shit out of shots. But I would like Korver a lot!

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wait we wouldn't have the CAP for Korver after the trade :[

Maybe Korver can be part of the deal :D

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe Summers see some SG time?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pistons After Big Baby: The Detroit Pistons seem poised to offer Glen "Big Baby" Davis an offer in the coming days. The deal that sent Aaron Afflalo and Walter Sharpe to Denver opened up roughly $1.8 million in additional space giving the Pistons just under $4 million to throw at Big Baby. The Boston Celtics would have the right to match the offer as Davis is a restricted free agent, but sources close to the situation say a $4 million offer might be too rich for Boston as it would be subject to the league's dollar-for-dollar Luxury Tax, especially after signing Rasheed Wallace this off-season.
LOL, I guess he would make us a lot "bigger" up front haha.

I think Boston would still match that though.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Hahaha yeah. I don't know they might not be able to afford it.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would still think they would match. He's young and has proven he could have a nice future. We all know they need to start getting younger, why not match this then..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press says the Pistons have no interest in Wallace. “a person with knowledge of the situation said today that the Pistons are not looking at Wallace, 34, because his career appears to be on the decline.”
Pfft, try and get him for the Vets Min. I want Ben to retire here :(

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Plenty of things have been swirling when it comes to Detroit’s offseason, but this comes from Yahoo Sport’s Adrian Wojnarowski, who’s been on point and breaking stories left and right.

“Detroit is still exploring ways to make a deal for Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer(notes), but the most likely scenario centers around the free-agent signing of Drew Gooden, and distantly, Boston’s Glen “Big Baby” Davis.”

Take into account that I got word from our Pistons insider Matt Dery of 97.1 the Ticket that Joe isn’t looking to pick up Boozer and he was right about the Afflalo move, so I trust what he’s got to say.
I heard the complete opposite earlier today on the same station lol.

According to Adrian Wajnarowski from Yahoo!: Detroit is still exploring ways to make a deal for Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer, but the most likely scenario centers around the free-agent signing of Drew Gooden, and distantly, Boston’s Glen "Big Baby" Davis.

Gooden, who is 6'10" 245 pounds, will be 28 in September. While he's had some pretty solid years with Cleveland and a good year with Chicago, I'd prefer the one game he had with Sacramento this past season (13 rebounds and 12 points) on a consistent basis if we signed him. Considering @CV31 said that "another big move is about to be made," I wouldn't exactly call signing Drew Gooden a big move. He'll be valuable in the depleted frontcourt, for sure, but is he more than just a filler?

With Boozer going on the record today and saying that a trade will happen, it makes you wonder if Gooden really is the most likely scenario for Detroit. Most of the trade talks surrounding Boozer have him coming to the Pistons.
That's more like what I heard, after they talked about Gooden and Boozer they started talking about why RIp has been so silent and how he may know he's being shopped.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Pistons aren't among the teams interested in free-agent swingman Jerry Stackhouse.

Detroit is looking to get younger and is in need of a big man.

"Hey, I would have loved (going back to Detroit)," Stackhouse told The Detroit News. "But I don't think they were interested. They are moving in a different direction. They wanted younger. You know I had a list of teams who were interested in me and I was hoping Detroit would be one of them, but they are more in position to want to bring in the young guys and let them play rather than contending."

Stackhouse said he wants to play next season, and he'll never forget his time in Detroit.

"I wanted to return because of the relationship with the city and the people and the way they interacted with me," he said. "I think that was the biggest thing.

"People still remember me for what I did in Detroit because this is where I had the highlight of my abilities. I even felt very honored when I made the all-time Piston team as a player and all that stuff. That meant a lot to me."

Via Detroit News

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Imagine bringing back J Stack and Big Ben!

Portland is still trying to pry Tayshaun Prince out of Detroit in a three-way trade with Utah, but Joe Dumars hasn’t shown an inclination to move Prince and extend Carlos Boozer’s contract, league sources say.

Several league executives are dubious of Boozer as a $14 million-a-year player, which his agent, Rob Pelinka, has told teams it will take to sign him to an extension.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bringing back Stack at the cost of Tayshaun and Boozer getting 14Mill per, F' THAT!!!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Got this from RealGM

According to 97.1 The Ticket, the Pistons are setting their sights on Drew Gooden, with Big Baby out of thier price range since he is restricted and Boston can match. Detroit can't wait to sign a player because their second rounders will count against our cap money if their signed before the space is used up on a FA.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dumars is a real puss sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%