Official Wrestling Talk Thread

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You're not grasping what I'm saying about Rusev. He was destined to fail after his first loss, because there is nothing interesting about him if hes not undefeated, and you can't have him go undefeated forever. Umaga was still a menacing heel, he wasn't based on hate of America. John Cena doesn't even matter in this now, they're using Rusev to get Lana over, who they feel is worth more, and they're right on that. 

Cena got the belt because that burial at Summerslam was meant for Bryan, to turn Lesnar into a monster heel, so Reigns could conquer him. Bryan got hurt so they fed the actual face of the company to him, and Lesnar started getting cheered, so it backfired, but nothing they could really do about it. 

What does ring work have to do with booking him like he's the top star in the company? This isn't about ring work. Yes Triple H is a better wrestler, but that's not relevant to what we're talking about. 

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

Watching the E60 NXT thing. He had a rough life from being an alcoholic to almost losing his son at birth to damn near getting cut in NXT,

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
You're not grasping what I'm saying about Rusev. He was destined to fail after his first loss, because there is nothing interesting about him if hes not undefeated, and you can't have him go undefeated forever. Umaga was still a menacing heel, he wasn't based on hate of America. John Cena doesn't even matter in this now, they're using Rusev to get Lana over, who they feel is worth more, and they're right on that. 

Cena got the belt because that burial at Summerslam was meant for Bryan, to turn Lesnar into a monster heel, so Reigns could conquer him. Bryan got hurt so they fed the actual face of the company to him, and Lesnar started getting cheered, so it backfired, but nothing they could really do about it. 

What does ring work have to do with booking him like he's the top star in the company? This isn't about ring work. Yes Triple H is a better wrestler, but that's not relevant to what we're talking about. 

Rusev was destined to lose after his first loss because everybody  knew it was going to come at the hands of Cena and that he would be left stranded afterwards. He could've been handled way better. This isn't a fluke either. Wyatt had no direction after Cena either. Totally forgot to mention him in my last post. Cena going over Wyatt was absolutely ludicrous. Wyatt was so white hot at the time. These aren't the only examples either. With Cena, it's not only that he goes over in every feud, but so many people who he feuds with are left without direction after the fact.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:

Watching the E60 NXT thing. He had a rough life from being an alcoholic to almost losing his son at birth to damn near getting cut in NXT,
my gf watched it last night while i was on the phone. im gonna have to watch it tonight. thanks for posting it.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score

This is on Wikipedia. No joke. Okay, so I deleted the last half of the sentence :p

It's still true

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

Rusev was destined to lose after his first loss because everybody  knew it was going to come at the hands of Cena and that he would be left stranded afterwards. He could've been handled way better. This isn't a fluke either. Wyatt had no direction after Cena either. Totally forgot to mention him in my last post. Cena going over Wyatt was absolutely ludicrous. Wyatt was so white hot at the time. These aren't the only examples either. With Cena, it's not only that he goes over in every feud, but so many people who he feuds with are left without direction after the fact.
How is it Cena's fault if Vince and creative don't come up with anything for them when they're done with Cena? 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Because it's only a truly good burial if the guy never comes back from it

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Or maybe it's because all of Wyatt's promos are long winded and no one knows what the fuck he's ever talking about. 

Regardless, it's on the creative team. Losing to Cena doesn't prevent them from putting them into feuds, but the entire show has been based around Triple H and the Authority for the last couple of years, so there is some time issues I guess. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Regardless of what you think of his promos there was absolutely no reason for Cena to go over in that feud

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you want to focus on that, explain to me why Triple H (who was being portrayed as a racist during the feud) went over Booker T at Wrestlemania 19. 

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Booker could have carried the belt as the face of the company for much longer after 'Mania, but it still made no sense to me why he went over on the go-home RAW and not WM19. But I'd also say that's less HHH and more Vince being anti-WCW.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Guid said:
I don't think Booker could have carried the belt as the face of the company for much longer after 'Mania, but it still made no sense to me why he went over on the go-home RAW and not WM19. But I'd also say that's less HHH and more Vince being anti-WCW.

Meh it was only the WHC and at that point only 3 guys had the belt Michaels, Goldberg and Triple H twice,

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It appears WWE adding Dean Ambrose to the Payback main event with Randy Orton, Roman Reigns and WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins was a late decision. Cable TV ads that aired after this weeks RAW were still listing a Triple Threat main event without Ambrose.

Its interesting that WWE is putting all of the former Shield members in a main event already as that was first discussed as a potential WrestleMania 32 idea.

On a related note, Sundays Fatal 4 Way match gives WWE the chance to turn Ambrose and Reigns on Orton. The company is lacking in credible heels but they do have new babyfaces that they could be pushing.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ambrose is there to take the pin, dawg

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

TNA Talents Unhappy After Latest Incident, What WWE Reportedly Told TNA Talents Looking for Work

- TNA talents have been told that the planned tour for China at the end of this month won't be happening. Talents were unhappy because the tour was going to make them a significant amount of money and now they have to scramble to find work for those 10 days.

The tour being nixed was seen as another loss of faith within the company. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that some talents have talked privately about how they believe the company is all but dead after getting the word about the tour. While the tour was not officially announced by TNA yet, talents were told it was happening until just a few days back.

Many TNA talents have sent feelers out to other promotions and ones that contacted WWE were reportedly told that WWE is not interested in anyone from TNA, even if they were willing to go through a tryout camp first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%