Isiah Promises Knicks Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Although Isiah Thomas has not won a single playoff game since coming to New York, the Knicks' embattled president and coach predicted on Wednesday night that the franchise will win an NBA championship. With Thomas in charge. Seriously. Sounding delusional, Thomas appeared to be talking to Garden chairman James Dolan through the media by saying he believes the Knicks will win a title and by reiterating that he has no plans to resign.
Fannation

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Some players are just better players than GM's and Coachs...He's one of them players that should never GM or Coach he is just tarnishing his legacy.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I LOLed when I read that. He's really shootin for the stars now...

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man, he's crazy. He needs to fall off the face of the basketball world, he can't coach, he can't be president...etc. Well at least not with the Knicks, maybe he would do good with another team, maybe.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
What comes sooner, the Knicks getting good at basketball or Duke getting good at football?

The 2nd ;)

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What do you guys expect?

Do you want him to say we're never going to go anywhere? that we'll remain as the one of the worst franchises for decades to come?

I mean yes its a VERY VERY long shot and kind of stupid to say at this point and time, but this is the type of thinking we need in the franchise (granted he still has to go) why think negative all the time? Im glad he said it, and the day we win our next championship I hope you all remember this.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What do you guys expect?

Do you want him to say we're never going to go anywhere? that we'll remain as the one of the worst franchises for decades to come?

I mean yes its a VERY VERY long shot and kind of stupid to say at this point and time, but this is the type of thinking we need in the franchise (granted he still has to go) why think negative all the time? Im glad he said it, and the day we win our next championship I hope you all remember this.
No I want to hear him...well not him someone higher up then him say "buddy your fired."

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First things first... You have to trade Nate Robison somewhere else. Stephon deserves a trophyin NYC and thats his hood. People show up for him. Nate Robinson is just trouble in the locker room accroding to several Knicks last year. He is known to fight teammates in the lockers after practices. Next thing is to decide on moving Renaldo Balkman, David Lee, Eddy Curry or Zach Randolph for someother talent. I mean bring in Ron Artest. Ron is a player who looks like he can work on the same court with Stephon and Eddy. Maybe he can stop the fued between Curry and Zach. I don't what happened with the Knicks but its time to get players who want to get it done. It's a city with tons of tradition in the hoops world. So time to rebuild and trade talent for players who will get it done now not later. Build for today not tomarrow right?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
First things first... You have to trade Nate Robison somewhere else. Stephon deserves a trophyin NYC and thats his hood. People show up for him. Nate Robinson is just trouble in the locker room accroding to several Knicks last year. He is known to fight teammates in the lockers after practices. Next thing is to decide on moving Renaldo Balkman, David Lee, Eddy Curry or Zach Randolph for someother talent. I mean bring in Ron Artest. Ron is a player who looks like he can work on the same court with Stephon and Eddy. Maybe he can stop the fued between Curry and Zach. I don't what happened with the Knicks but its time to get players who want to get it done. It's a city with tons of tradition in the hoops world. So time to rebuild and trade talent for players who will get it done now not later. Build for today not tomarrow right?
That is all true(well I don't know about the fights etc) but they are basiclly done for the season so they should build to be better next year and so on.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No I want to hear him...well not him someone higher up then him say "buddy your fired."

So do I, but Dolan loves Thomas so he's here to stay.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The fights are true. He fights with all the vetran players. Malik Rose was one.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So do I, but Dolan loves Thomas so he's here to stay.
Dang, does Doylan or Thomas really think that his coaching will all the sudden turn around and start working? I mean wow, all the fans know its not working, some people are really hard headed.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The fights are true. He fights with all the vetran players. Malik Rose was one.

Yea I heard about that one last year, but i think something like that is needed in the locker...plain and simple guys arent playing with any heart.

But I havent heard about Z-Bo and Curry's problems w/ eachother. If thats the case CURRY HAS TO GO NOW!

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dang, does Dolan or Thomas really think that his coaching will all the sudden turn around and start working? I mean wow, all the fans know its not working, some people are really hard headed.

"word is" Thomas has some dirt on Dolan...and thats the reason he's still there...but IDK the freakin NY Knicks fans picketed to get him out....when have we ever done that? thats when you know theres a problem.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My trade thought:

New York Gets:
Ron Artest
Quincy Douby

Sacramento Gets:
David Lee
Malik Rose
Nate Robinson

PG - Stephon Marbury / Mardy Collins / Quincy Douby
SG - Jamal Crawford / Fred Jones / Jared Jeffries
SF - Ron Artest / Quentin Richardson / Wilson Chandler
PF - Zach Randolph / Renaldo Balkman
C - Eddy Curry / Randolph Morris / Jerome James

PG - Nate Robinson / Beno Udrith / John Salmons / Mike Bibby*
SG - Kevin Martin / John Salmons / Dahntay Jones
SF - David Lee / Francisco Garcia / Shareef Abdur-Rahim
PF - Mikki Moore / Kenny Thomas / Malik Rose
C - Brad Miller / Spencer Hawes [Justin Williams]

*Mike Bibby Injured*
[Justin Williams Cut]

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I'm Sacramento Id do that in a heart beat!!!!!

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I'm Sacramento Id do that in a heart beat!!!!!
Same with the knicks... And if Steph, Curry, Randolph, and Artest cant get it done then its the coach.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldnt like that at all, im sorry kraig but I am a Marbury fan too, but he cant stay. We're not going to win with him at the helm b/.c the team isnt going to go out there and play their hardest with him as their PG. Plus Lee and Nate for Artest alone is too much already.

This should be the trade:

New York recieves:
Artest
Douby

Sacremento recieves:
Curry
Coliins

Nate and Lee barley make 1mil so them for him straight up wouldnt work anyways.

Fact is the trade wont happen, Thomas promised Lee that he wouldnt be traded, plus Thomas knows Lee is a fan favorite and if he's traded there is a possiblity of a fan riot their next home game.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I wouldnt like that at all, im sorry kraig but I am a Marbury fan too, but he cant stay. We're not going to win with him at the helm b/.c the team isnt going to go out there and play their hardest with him as their PG. Plus Lee and Nate for Artest alone is too much already.

This should be the trade:

New York recieves:
Artest
Douby

Sacremento recieves:
Curry
Coliins

Nate and Lee barley make 1mil so them for him straight up wouldnt work anyways.

Fact is the trade wont happen, Thomas promised Lee that he wouldnt be traded, plus Thomas knows Lee is a fan favorite and if he's traded there is a possiblity of a fan riot their next home game.
Promise don't everwork in this league. If there going to even get Ronny its those 3 I posted. Sacramento will be hard on them. Anways why don't New York do the Sacramento deal then look at struggling Miami for a deal. Won't hurt neither team, right? Both are having crappy years. Lets make a deal like this:

New York Gets:
Shaquille O'Neal
Mark Blount
Smush Parker
2008 2nd Round Pick.

Miami Gets:
Stephon Marbury
Eddy Curry

--Both Teams Swap 2008 First Rounders

Revised Sacramento deal:

New York Gets:
Ron Artest
Quincy Douby

Sacramento Gets:
David Lee
Renaldo Balkman
Malik Rose

How each teams Depths Will Look:

New York:
PG - Nate Robinson / Smush Parker / Mardy Collins
SG - Jamal Crawford / Fred Jones / Quincy Douby
SF - Ron Artest / Quentin Richardson / Jared Jefferies
PF - Zach Randolph / Mark Blount / Wilson Chandler
C - Shaquille O'Neal / Randolph Morris / Jerome James

Miami:
PG - Stephon Marbury / Jason Williams / Chris Quinn
SG - Dwayne Wade / Daequan Cook
SF - Ricky Davis / Dorell Wright / Luke Jackson
PF - Udonis Haslem / Alexander Johnson
C - Eddy Curry / Earl Barron / Joel Anthony / Alonzo Mourning*

Sacramento:
PG - Beno Udrith / John Salmons / Mike Bibby*
SG - Kevin Martin / Dahntay Jones /
SF - Francisco Garcia / Renaldo Balkman / Shareef Abdur-Rahim
PF - David Lee / Mikki Moore / Kenny Thomas / Malik Rose
C - Brad Miller / Spencer Hawes / Justin Williams

* Mike Bibby is injured. Could be sent to Cleveland/Somewhere for some good talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%