Bobcats get a new logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And this is why Nazr's minutes have been going down. I think Nazr should start at C and Okafor back to PF. They were doing well when they had that starting line-up.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN -
Front-office sources tell Marc Stein of ESPN that the Bobcats have reached an agreement with Earl Boykins for the remainder of the 2007-2008 season.

The Bobcats first reached out to Boykins in December when Sam Vincent expressed interest in him joining their club, according to a report on RealGM.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good sign. For the obvious reasons haha.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Yeah, they desperately need a PG lol, good sign MJ and the front office ;)

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, good sign. A nice step up from McInnis.

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
i like this pick up alot now felton can now focus on playing the 2 guard it's looking like he'll stay at the sg now and we'll stick with the short line up and now felton wont have to play both postions i wanted jordan to do this move since the start of the year im a huge boykins fan idk why and i hope he plays to night vs golden state and side note lol Charlotte loves short players 1st we had musgy bougs now boykins .

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CHARLOTTE, N.C.: Bobcats scoring leader Gerald Wallace was taken off the floor on a stretcher during Friday's game against Sacramento after being knocked unconscious by an inadvertent elbow.

A team official said Wallace sustained a concussion and was taken to a hospital for further evaluation.

Wallace was double-teaming Kings forward Mikki Moore in the post early in the third quarter and was called for a foul a moment before Moore swung around with the ball. Moore's right elbow hit Wallace directly in the nose.

Wallace crumpled backward to the floor, before turning onto his stomach. He then lost consciousness and remained on the floor for almost 10 minutes while the training staff and team doctor attended to him. Wallace was eventually strapped to a stretcher with a neck brace and wheeled off the floor to an ambulance in the loading dock area of the arena.

A team official said Wallace regained consciousness and had undergone a CAT scan. Doctors were running more tests later Friday.

Moore appeared visibly upset during the long delay and Kings coach Reggie Theus came on the court to talk to Bobcats coach Sam Vincent while Wallace was being attended to.

Wallace, who came in averaging 20.9 points per game, had six points and six rebounds in 21 minutes.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Oh wow, I hope hes OK, hes a damn good player and the Bobcats need him.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dang, hopefully it won't be a lingering injury.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully its not bad. I like Wallace alot.

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
im so pissed off right now its not funny and heres a BIG <Censored> YOU TO MIKKI MOORE :upyours: man i hope hes going to be alright this is going to me a huge loss for the team but right now i just want to make sure hes ok its not about the team at the moment .

update omg they said he has a grade 3 concussion and some amnesia

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Completely unintentional, not Mikki's fault any more than G-Wall's, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im so pissed off right now its not funny and heres a BIG <Censored> YOU TO MIKKI MOORE :upyours: man i hope hes going to be alright this is going to me a huge loss for the team but right now i just want to make sure hes ok its not about the team at the moment .

update omg they said he has a grade 3 concussion and some amnesia
It was accidental, don't blame Moore.

But anyways, my prayers are with Wallace, hope he comes out 100%.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Brezec rips into Vincent

Primoz Brezec, unplugged.

The former Charlotte Bobcat – since traded to Detroit and then Toronto – vented some frustration about his last season here under coach Sam Vincent, in an interview with Toronto’s Globe and Mail newspaper.

"Sam Vincent, he changed it up," Brezec said. "He wanted to go more run-and-gun. I have no problem with that, I can run three days in a row. But I think I set a record in the NBA; out of 50 games (actually 18) I started, I didn’t get the ball, I didn’t get a shot off.

"So I was like, ‘You know what, Sam? You don’t need me, you don’t like me and I don’t like you, so get me out of here.’ And see how they’re doing this year?"

I can’t say I’m surprised. About a week before he was traded, I had a long interview with Brezec after practice. He was careful not to burn ties, but he couldn’t hide his frustration with how Vincent played him – or didn’t play him.

Like a lot of Bobcats, Brezec had an intense loyalty to former coach-general manager Bernie Bickerstaff. It’s been rough for some of these guys, adjusting to a very different coach, as far as rotations and personality.
Gangsta unleashed lol

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But I think I set a record in the NBA; out of 50 games (actually 18) I started, I didn’t get the ball, I didn’t get a shot off.
^ I aint never heard of this LOL.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ha, Brezec....silly guy.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As if you will ever be taken seriously Primoz lol. Give me a break.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Raptors center Brezec fumes over trade from Bobcats

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Toronto Raptors center Primoz Brezec was smiling as he sorted through tickets for friends and family members Sunday before his first game against Charlotte since being traded in December.

But when asked about Bobcats coach Sam Vincent, Brezec's demeanor quickly changed.

"I've been in this league for seven years. People know what I can do," Brezec said, clearly agitated. "Sam Vincent didn't know what he got."

Vincent, in his first season as Bobcats coach, played Brezec little early this season. While he started 18 of 20 games, Brezec averaged only 13 minutes and 1.9 points per game.

His play was similar to his poor season in 2006-07, and the Bobcats ran out of patience. They traded Brezec and forward Walter Herrmann to Detroit for forward Nazr Mohammed on Dec. 14.

Mohammed has been a much more consistent player. But Brezec thinks his play declined because he wasn't used properly.

"I have no problem with Sam Vincent. I was just frustrated that he said that he didn't get 12 or 13 points from me that he needed," Brezec said. "Of course he didn't get it because I didn't get the ball. Come on.

"If you look at the teams back in the day, I got buckets, I got stops, I got rebounds. Don't talk about me if you don't know my game."

The 7-foot-1 Brezec played little in Detroit, too, and was then dealt to the Raptors last month for guard Juan Dixon.

"We were patient with him and we never at any time said anything negative about Primoz Brezec," Vincent said after the Bobcats beat Brezec's Raptors 110-98. "So it's a little disappointing that Primoz Brezec would take the position he's taking, when this team and this organization did nothing but support him through some of his difficulties."

Brezec did thank Vincent and part-owner Michael Jordan for allowing him to miss much of the preseason to deal with an undisclosed family issue.

"Not every team would do what they did for me. I'm thankful to Sam and Michael," Brezec said. "They were there for me. But what they did to me after that was not right."

The one person in the Bobcats' organization Brezec had high praise for was the man Vincent replaced. Bernie Bickerstaff moved to a front-office job after three years as coach.

Brezec averaged 13 and 12.4 points in his first two seasons with Charlotte, only to drop to five points a game last season.

"That's my man. He was building something here for three years," Brezec said of Bickerstaff. "We were on the right track. I guarantee you my NBA salary that if we had stayed together and added a couple of pieces, we would have made the playoffs. Write that down."

The Bobcats improved to 20-39 after Sundays' win. Brezec had four points and four fouls in 11 minutes.

"Nothing that Primoz Brezec says surprises me," Vincent said. "But his comments that I didn't like him are untrue."
Mozzzzz is back again just remember that he got buckets, he got stops, and he got rebounds so don't talk about him if you don't know his game LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%