2016 NBA Finals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulius

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
All of the noise about him leaving is just noise. He's tied to the city until he wins and then he's off the hook. Kd is going to sign a 1+1 and if they don't do anything next year or make an upgrade him and Russell could bolt together to somewhere else
I mean the thunder are right there. They were one win away from the trophy. I think this summer they will find a 3 and D shooting guard and will be even more ready next year. But about lebron, wouldnt be surprised if he packed his bags early, hes proven to ditch bad siatuations

cavsfan817

You trying to get the pipe?
Reaction score
Honestly tho you guys are all just looking at the moment and not as a whole. Love had a great year for the most part this year, and he can still get it done. With the cap jumping his salary won't be a full max either and he will have a nice looking deal. If the Cavs move him they would look to get equal value and they wouldn't sell on him because he can still play and also considering what they gave up to get him. All of this talk of them panicking and selling him for peanuts is a gross overreaction.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
I mean the thunder are right there. They were one win away from the trophy. I think this summer they will find a 3 and D shooting guard and will be even more ready next year. But about lebron, wouldnt be surprised if he packed his bags early, hes proven to ditch bad siatuations
how? they have almost no cap to do so.

they'd have to move ibake/kanter/adams to do such

cavsfan817

Reaction score
I mean it's a great story for people to fill space on a talk show or get page clicks, but it's not going to happen haha.

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
how? they have almost no cap to do so.

they'd have to move ibake/kanter/adams to do such
Not talking about a klay thompson sort of talent. Someone like danny green for example. Even by staying with the same players, thunders chances are good for next year. Best duo in the game helps

Paulius

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
I mean it's a great story for people to fill space on a talk show or get page clicks, but it's not going to happen haha.
No one thought he'd come home after going to miami but it happened. Dont get your hopes up that much just incase lebron pulls a bitch move once again and takes his talents to the bay area

cavsfan817

Reaction score
No one thought he'd come home after going to miami but it happened. Dont get your hopes up that much just incase lebron pulls a bitch move once again and takes his talents to the bay area
A lot of people thought it would happen... Just not that quickly lol. Quite a few people thought it would happen when the cap jumped and he had theoretically won another championship or two in Miami by that point

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not talking about a klay thompson sort of talent. Someone like danny green for example. Even by staying with the same players, thunders chances are good for next year. Best duo in the game helps
they don't have the cap for a danny green type either

Evan Turner is going to make $11M+ in Free Agency. That's the type of salaries these role players will get. Thunder dont have the cap space to sign one because of KD's cap hold.

And then they'd have to trade for one... with what? Cameron Payne is a nice player but is far less valuable than one like danny green

As i said, the only way to get a 3&D on that team is to trade away one of ibaka/adams/kanter

cavsfan817

Reaction score
But back to Love... 16/10 as a third option and can shoot from range. Yes, the defense is bad. It's over amplified because the Cavs also start Kyrie and Tristan who are bad on defense. You can hide Love on defense normally, but it's harder on this Cavs team. He's still extremely talented and can put up better numbers as more of a focal point on a team. The Cavs aren't set up in that way, largely due to the fact that LeBron and Kyrie need the ball in their hands to be effective.

Paulius

Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
they don't have the cap for a danny green type either

Evan Turner is going to make $11M+ in Free Agency. That's the type of salaries these role players will get. Thunder dont have the cap space to sign one because of KD's cap hold.

And then they'd have to trade for one... with what? Cameron Payne is a nice player but is far less valuable than one like danny green

As i said, the only way to get a 3&D on that team is to trade away one of ibaka/adams/kanter
True true. Well maybe kd takes a paycut for the better of the team but truly doubt it. Either way andres shooting in the gym all summer and getting ready for round 2 of the real nba finals vs gsw again

Paulius

Reaction score
cavsfan817 said:
But back to Love... 16/10 as a third option and can shoot from range. Yes, the defense is bad. It's over amplified because the Cavs also start Kyrie and Tristan who are bad on defense. You can hide Love on defense normally, but it's harder on this Cavs team. He's still extremely talented and can put up better numbers as more of a focal point on a team. The Cavs aren't set up in that way, largely due to the fact that LeBron and Kyrie need the ball in their hands to be effective.
The real question is, why the fuck did yall pay double T all this fucking money for rebounding which he hasnt been doing lmao

cavsfan817

Reaction score
The real question is, why the fuck did yall pay double T all this fucking money for rebounding which he hasnt been doing lmao
To appease LeBron since they have the same agent. It was kind of a package deal. Another reason why LeBron isn't leaving until he wins a ship. If he goes to another team like the Spurs or the heat for example, he won't be given any control over the roster. He'll go back to being a player (maybe not such a bad thing), but he wants that control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%