Bosox would you trade rondo for the lakers pick

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Seriously wtf

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/452670238849794048

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Bomani Jones is fucking awesome. Love it when he's on Around the Horn.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kyrie had a game, damn

44/7/8/3 steals,only 3 turnovers
16/31 5/9 from 3

Is that his best career game? I dont watch all his games, but the only one close i can remember is last year in the garden

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope kevin ollie goes pro
And fred hoiberg

That would really piss off the college purist ass holes

First stevens and then these 2
Hell yeah

Keep your Mike Dunlap's and Mike Montgomery's and tim floyd's

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here is where the Pistons start winning pointless ass games.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kevin Ollie is the man. The Cavs had him in LeBron's rookie year, and his role on the team was to come in late in the game and shoot free throws. I'm not even joking.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Shit, I don't even know what to hope for anymore.  Heat and Pacers are being some real McAssholes.  Someone start winning or losing and stick to it so I know whether I want the Bulls to get 3rd or 4th.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Bosox would you trade rondo for the lakers pick
Lakers pick? No.

Lakers pick within the Top 3+ an unprotected 2018, and they have to take on Gerald Wallace's contract? Probably

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
id rather have the #8 overall pick than the #5 overall pick. If we can't get Embiid/Parker/Wiggins, our next guy we'd want is Harris, who is a reach at 4/5, but not at 8.

Between Smart, Exum, Randle, Vonleh, & Gordon, none of them fit in Boston.

We either need a shooting SF/SG, or a low post defensive C. Knowing that C is only Embiid (WCS is going to be over drafted by a lot because he is the #2 C), if we don't get a top 3, we need a perimeter scorer (Harris, Stauskas, Dougie McD) and it's a huge reach at 4/5

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
thats absurd.
how is that absurd?

Rondo is a top tiered PG, who sets up his teammates almost better than anybody else in the league (Cliff Paul being the top guy). The whole "he only works with KG/Pierce" argument; doesn't work. Per 36, he is averaging 12.6ppg /10.5apg/ 5.8rpg. That's damn good when your team is talentless.

What does that Lakers pick do if it isn't Embiid/Parker/Wiggins? Nothing. Give me Rondo over Smart/Exum 10/10 times. They don't have other picks for a while, due to the Nash & Howard trades. 2018 is a long ass time away. And yeah, why should we keep Wallace? If we are trading Rondo, to our rivals, give them a cap hit in the process. We aren't getting top value for Rondo in return, but giving away Wallace in the process makes it a good deal for Boston, which is the only way we move Rondo. He isn't leaving for below-market value

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
bosoxlover12 said:
id rather have the #8 overall pick than the #5 overall pick. If we can't get Embiid/Parker/Wiggins, our next guy we'd want is Harris, who is a reach at 4/5, but not at 8.

Between Smart, Exum, Randle, Vonleh, & Gordon, none of them fit in Boston.

We either need a shooting SF/SG, or a low post defensive C. Knowing that C is only Embiid (WCS is going to be over drafted by a lot because he is the #2 C), if we don't get a top 3, we need a perimeter scorer (Harris, Stauskas, Dougie McD) and it's a huge reach at 4/5
None of them fit in Boston? I have no idea how none of those guys could fit on a team, that will look completely different by as early as next year, with wide spread changes at the latest in 2015. If they were to trade Rajon Rondo for that pick, I guarantee you the only players currently on their team that will start the year with them in 2015 would be Sullinger & Olynyk, either of them could be traded. There might be a chance they extend Bayless and Bradley in a bench role, and Gerald Wallace might be stuck on the team because of his contract.

But come on man, this is one of the worst teams in the league, the roster is going to be turned around completely.

By the time the Celtics are contending, Rondo will be in his 30s and wanting a new max contract. Hasn't played a full season since '09-'10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%