2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pretty pumped about my weekend. Going meet James Harden tonight, then going to the Rising Stars game after. Meeting Beal, Bosh, and Drummond tomorrow, then Jam Session on Sunday.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

I watch what I can, when I can, because my winter work schedule is mostly nights. A lot of it isn't Houston. I watch quite a bit of Minnesota, Phoenix, Indiana, Oklahoma City, Golden State. It just depends on what's on when I get home or what's on (on mute) if I go grab a beer after work. I watch plenty of basketball, and my level of basketball knowledge is just fine. 

I never said anything about Greg Smith tipping the balance. I simply said he could make Houston 10 deep. As for Terrence Jones, I don't need to keep stating that he's improving by the week and I love his game and how it matches up with this Houston team. He will impact whichever playoff series Houston gets in the first round, and any number of series that may follow.

I don't overrate Parsons. I see a great all around player that opposing teams have raved about going on two years, now. He's a third year player who's improving. If you watched Houston with any consistency, you'd see it, too. 

I've seen plenty of Parsons going back to his college days at Florida. He's a good player but I would never throw around the word great that loosely. I just think it's funny that you referred to Luol Deng as a "roll" player (*cough two-time all-star cough*) but yet Parsons is a great all-around player.

And I also think it's funny that you STILL have yet to mention Jamal Crawford or DeAndre Jordan, other than Chandler Parsons being "better" than them. (questionable)

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Pretty pumped about my weekend. Going meet James Harden tonight, then going to the Rising Stars game after. Meeting Beal, Bosh, and Drummond tomorrow, then Jam Session on Sunday.
how are you meeting all of them lol

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
RAWKSTAR said:

nooo lmaoooo

Uh...yeah. Jamal Crawford is just a scorer, and if he's not hot as hell, you might not even know he's there.

DeAndre has improved for barely half a season and we're crowning him, which I think is hilarious. Let's wait and see, shall we? 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Uh...yeah. Jamal Crawford is just a scorer, and if he's not hot as hell, you might not even know he's there.

DeAndre has improved for barely half a season and we're crowning him, which I think is hilarious. Let's wait and see, shall we? 

It's not that he's improved, I think he's always had this in him. It's that Doc Rivers has been successful in getting him to play hard every game.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

It's not that he's improved, I think he's always had this in him. It's that Doc Rivers has been successful in getting him to play hard every game.
I like DeAndre as a player, and I hope he continues to be this beast on one end and I hope he can develop something of an offensive game. I'm just not going to crown him right away. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
I like DeAndre as a player, and I hope he continues to be this beast on one end and I hope he can develop something of an offensive game. I'm just not going to crown him right away. 

But yet you're ready to crown Chandler Parsons as a great player haha.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
2004 nba dunk contest, they talked about how kareem needs and will have a head coach job.

10 years later, everyone says he's too hard headed to get a job.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

But yet you're ready to crown Chandler Parsons as a great player haha.

I've watched Chandler Parsons develop over three years and be an all around player who is the spark plug for this Houston team. They are lost without him, if he's ever out. 

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
I'll take the support on that one, cheato. For me, it'd come down to team needs. If I have a better three (of which there are few, aside from established superstars), and a huge need at center, trouble rebounding, etc, I'd consider DeAndre, in that case.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I give you shit all the time for falling in love with Rockets who probably don't deserve it, but Chandler Parsons is super-underrated, completely justified.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
elcheato said:
I give you shit all the time for falling in love with Rockets who probably don't deserve it, but Chandler Parsons is super-underrated, completely justified.

I love Chandlers Parsons' game, but that doesn't mean BWare doesn't overrate him. I think Jordan does more for the Clippers than Parsons does for the Rockets.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

I love Chandlers Parsons' game, but that doesn't mean BWare doesn't overrate him. I think Jordan does more for the Clippers than Parsons does for the Rockets.

Chandler does a lot of things that don't show up on the statsheet, imo. He's the "glue-guy" if you'll allow me a sports cliche. He's got a well rounded offensive game, and he's figured out how to use his size to finish at the rim. He's probably a little worse defensively than he was when he came into the league limited offensively, but he's still a solid defender who Houston uses on the opponent's best wing player. 

I personally think he's the leader of the team. It's been said that Harden and Dwight lack certain leadership qualities. I think Chandler is your general alpha-male player.

To be honest, I'd rather lose Harden than Parsons as long as Harden refuses to play defense. FTR, Houston has actually become a very good defensive team. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Tell him he sucks

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

Chandler does a lot of things that don't show up on the statsheet, imo. He's the "glue-guy" if you'll allow me a sports cliche. He's got a well rounded offensive game, and he's figured out how to use his size to finish at the rim. He's probably a little worse defensively than he was when he came into the league limited offensively, but he's still a solid defender who Houston uses on the opponent's best wing player. 

I personally think he's the leader of the team. It's been said that Harden and Dwight lack certain leadership qualities. I think Chandler is your general alpha-male player.

To be honest, I'd rather lose Harden than Parsons as long as Harden refuses to play defense. FTR, Houston has actually become a very good defensive team. 

He's still not great and by your definition he should be considered a "roll" player haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%