2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

Have you ever even picked up a basketball? Serious question.

I think most members on this board would agree that I know far more about basketball than you, but I'm not going to get into a "who has a bigger internet dick" contest.

But let's just make something clear. Let's review our most recent "dust-up":

So wait, who's the one picking on people? Who's the one with cheap insults (that aren't even close to being anywhere near factual)?

GTFO

You see, there's a difference between what I did and what you do. You resort to personal insults. I simply made a joke about your college basketball team.

And I doubt most posters at this site are all that interested in playing favorites, bro.

The only reason you don't think I know anything about basketball is because you disagree with me. Not exactly the best reason in the world, but if it came down to basketball knowledge, I firmly believe I'd trounce you. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

You see, there's a difference between what I did and what you do. You resort to personal insults. I simply made a joke about your college basketball team.

And I doubt most posters at this site are all that interested in playing favorites, bro.

The only reason you don't think I know anything about basketball is because you disagree with me. Not exactly the best reason in the world, but if it came down to basketball knowledge, I firmly believe I'd trounce you. 

I don't think (well actually I know) you don't know anything about basketball because I've seen your posts here for years now confirm that. Again, there's a reason that you vs. logic was a strong contender for best board rivalry, and probably should have won. You can blame it on disagreement all you want, if that's what you have to do to feel better about your poorly-formed opinions.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

I don't think (well actually I know) you don't know anything about basketball because I've seen your posts here for years now confirm that. Again, there's a reason that you vs. logic was a strong contender for best board rivalry, and probably should have won. You can blame it on disagreement all you want, if that's what you have to do to feel better about your poorly-formed opinions.

lololololol you just keep telling yourself that. You know, if you don't decide to get off your high horse, it'll eventually throw you off.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

lololololol you just keep telling yourself that. You know, if you don't decide to get off your high horse, it'll eventually throw you off.

Tough guy lmao.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Not sure what's wrong with "poorly formed" opinions if they turn out to be correct, a lot of the time. 

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Keep talking shut about houston
Theyre 3rd in the west and havent even played their best ball yet
Including the 7 game streak theyre on

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
They're losing in the first round unless they end up playing Dallas or Phoenix

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I only put them behind okc

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
You did ask him and other posters to keep talking shit about Houston. I doubt he seriously thinks that lol.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
I only put them behind okc

Actually I can picture them beating the Spurs too but that matchup isn't happening. LAC is definitely better than HOU healthy.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Of the West's current playoff teams, I wouldn't like Houston's chances against either OKC or LAC, as of right now. Based on potential, Houston can be better than LAC, but Houston also has a significantly worse head coach. McHale isn't even in Doc's ballpark. That's the biggest difference between LAC and the rest of the real West contenders, right now. Doc is so much better in game than guys like McHale and Scott Brooks. Brooks and McHale can develop players, but in game they're aren't in Doc's class. From a coaching perspective, Doc would need to match up with Pop to face off with a better coach. I think guys like Mark Jackson can be that good, but aren't there yet. 

Houston would beat Portland, SA, Dallas, Phoenix, Golden State. Otherwise, the two best teams in the West, right now, are OKC and LAC.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Actually I can picture them beating the Spurs too but that matchup isn't happening. LAC is definitely better than HOU healthy.
no

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Clips are good, they impress me
Dubs are overrated

But ill take gsw over them still lol

And i just think houston would beat the clips

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Mexi said:
Clips are good, they impress me
Dubs are overrated

But ill take gsw over them still lol

And i just think houston would beat the clips

Unless they played again recently and I missed it, the Clippers have beaten the Rockets fairly convincingly in both matchups this year. LAC and OKC healthy are the two best teams in the West. You just don't want the Clippers in haha.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/wojyahoonba/status/434088704127164416

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just done watching Dubs/Heat.

Instant classic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%