I know look at that roster
Also Z

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
miami made up for getting rid of that talent though haha

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

It's not even that close when both teams are healthy, but who knows what will happen.

I'm scratching my head over this. I mean, do you really think these teams are separated by that much? I certainly don't.

LAC won convincingly during two early season games when Houston was still trying to figure out who they are with a dominant post player. If they played again, both healthy, I think it'd be much better than those two games. I mean, LAC added players, too, but they added shooters to a team run by Chris Paul. Not like that's a tough adjustment. Houston became a completely different team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

I'm scratching my head over this. I mean, do you really think these teams are separated by that much? I certainly don't.

LAC won convincingly during two early season games when Houston was still trying to figure out who they are with a dominant post player. If they played again, both healthy, I think it'd be much better than those two games. I mean, LAC added players, too, but they added shooters to a team run by Chris Paul. Not like that's a tough adjustment. Houston became a completely different team.

It'd be better but I still think LAC wins a series between the two in no more than 6, max.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

It'd be better but I still think LAC wins a series between the two in no more than 6, max.

I think you're letting your dislike of me cloud your judgment of this Houston team. Houston has a better combination of star players, and a better third option/go-to guy in Parsons. Redick is nice when he's hot but he's not the all around player Parsons is. That, and we've all seen TJones' development--he's only getting better, and Houston's bench is getting healthy, potentially making them 10 deep if Greg Smith can get to 100%. 

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:

I think you're letting your dislike of me cloud your judgment of this Houston team. Houston has a better combination of star players, and a better third option/go-to guy in Parsons. Redick is nice when he's hot but he's not the all around player Parsons is. That, and we've all seen TJones' development--he's only getting better, and Houston's bench is getting healthy, potentially making them 10 deep if Greg Smith can get to 100%. 

CP3 is better than Harden and Blake is better than Dwight (yeah I said it). Plus you didn't even mention Jamal Crawford or DeAndre Jordan, who are both better players than Houston's third best players. (understood that Jordan isn't a big offensive guy but he's the league's best rebounder and a great low-post defensive anchor) You bringing up Greg Smith is the equivalent of me bringing up Ryan Hollins haha.

The Clippers' starters are better than the Rockets', the Clippers' bench is better than the Rockets', and the Clippers' coaching is better than the Rockets'. Advantage: Clippers

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Well, everybody knows you're wrong on that one, so nobody's going to explain it, you know? There's no point.

And Chandler Parsons is better than either DeAndre Jordan or Jamal Crawford lol

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
BwareDWare94 said:
Well, everybody knows you're wrong on that one, so nobody's going to explain it, you know? There's no point.

And Chandler Parsons is better than either DeAndre Jordan or Jamal Crawford lol

Blake's been better this season and stats would prove it. Blake this season has been absolutely phenomenal. A top 8 player in the NBA in my opinion just based on this season only. (KD, Bron, PG, Aldridge, CP3 being the only players I can think of who are a clear cut ahead of him)

And you overrate the hell out of Parsons but I'm not even going to try and waste my time convincing you why you're wrong. But whether he is better than both or not (he isn't fyi), you clearly left them out of your "argument" as if they were non-factors, but yet somehow found a way to include Greg Smith and Terrence Jones in it as if they are the ones who are going to tip the balance. Watch other basketball teams bro. You might learn something...

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

Blake's been better this season and stats would prove it. Blake this season has been absolutely phenomenal. A top 8 player in the NBA in my opinion just based on this season only. (KD, Bron, PG, Aldridge, CP3 being the only players I can think of who are a clear cut ahead of him)

And you overrate the hell out of Parsons but I'm not even going to try and waste my time convincing you why you're wrong. But whether he is better than both or not (he isn't fyi), you clearly left them out of your "argument" as if they were non-factors, but yet somehow found a way to include Greg Smith and Terrence Jones in it as if they are the ones who are going to tip the balance. Watch other basketball teams bro. You might learn something...

I watch what I can, when I can, because my winter work schedule is mostly nights. A lot of it isn't Houston. I watch quite a bit of Minnesota, Phoenix, Indiana, Oklahoma City, Golden State. It just depends on what's on when I get home or what's on (on mute) if I go grab a beer after work. I watch plenty of basketball, and my level of basketball knowledge is just fine. 

I never said anything about Greg Smith tipping the balance. I simply said he could make Houston 10 deep. As for Terrence Jones, I don't need to keep stating that he's improving by the week and I love his game and how it matches up with this Houston team. He will impact whichever playoff series Houston gets in the first round, and any number of series that may follow.

I don't overrate Parsons. I see a great all around player that opposing teams have raved about going on two years, now. He's a third year player who's improving. If you watched Houston with any consistency, you'd see it, too. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%