2009 NBA Playoffs 2nd Round Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So what was Fisher doing? You think he did that just because Scola's a funny lookin dude? Did you not see Scola grab Odom's jersey and push him aside? That's what caused them to have their little heated in the conversation in the first place. Aight what Fisher did was a cheap shot, but its D-Fish. Scola obviously said something to where Fish placed a hit like that sticking up for his team. That's the kind of <Censored> I'm talkin' about on the courts I play on, if you're gonna run your mouth we'll stick up for each other. Fisher should be suspended though, no gripes about that (Because this is the NBA... sadly). What Mexi's arguing about is consistency in the calls, what Rondo did to Hinrich was much worse as was K-Marts little action, but did they get suspended? All three of these players just mentioned should have been suspended, but the only one will probably be Fisher.

That elbow to Ron's throat just looks like two guys fighting for position. In fact they've been playing that way against each other every time they faced each other this season. They've argued, they've fussed, elbows being followed by tech's have been thrown, I don't remember anyone <Censored>ing then, what's the difference now? They weren't playing And1 in the regular season, they're still playing on NBA courts. And Kobe along with other star players like Roy, 'Bron, and Wade (especially Wade) slap defenders hands like Artest's down all the time. Kobe and Ron just play physical with each other like they've always have. Also don't get it wrong, I'm actually neither on Artest's or Bryant's side. Artest overreacted IMO, he just wanted a foul called the other way. I've been inadvertedly elbowed in the face, and or the throat, but when it's inadvertent I really don't give a sh1t, just do something like Alston did, little tap on the back of the head, or a shove with a little remark, but just keep going on and playing hard afterwards. If any of it was obviously malicious that's when you start poppin. I didn't see anything like that.

What I find mostly funny though is that you guys are talking about these guys like you know them personally. "They're arrogant punks" etc. etc. and start wishing bad <Censored> just because of what you see. "Your idol" LBJ said it himself, just because he's a famous person what you see is what people will automatically think of you. One reason why I'd dread to be famous. Always gotta pull up a front just so you won't be bothered because everything gets blown up, and the media is what portrays you. I could give a sh1t about Bryant, Artest, or any other athlete off the courts, I don't know them personally, I only care about them as basketball players and their on-court persona's. Who knows how these guys actually are? I know that I'm a different animal when I'm playin' ball then when I'm not.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Me and you both know rondo gets away with more <Censored> than anybody in the league. Trust me these guys keep it real when they are off the cameras. We've all heard stories of pro players and how they are off the court. The fisher and scoal thing should've been handled by the refs earlier to prevent things. I had a feelin something was gonna happen. But we all know how joey crawford is.

At the end of the day this will only make this series better. I only wish for houston is to have von calm down and for ron to play within ron. That's why what kobe did was smart in a way. He knows artest is a hothead and will explode. Kobe was playin chess. Artest was playin checkers.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Look I don't have no beef with kobe or the lakers personally. I grew up watchin the lakers because my dad is a laker fan. I love beans When he gets hot nobody can guard him in the world. I respect his game and work ethic and all that. But dude be doing some ho sh!t at times.

It pissed me off cuz it was like no duh kobe he can't stop you who can? It was more like he was tryin to prove it to himself.
I don't have beef with any player, or anyone on this board. I just like to argue :)

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Me and you both know rondo gets away with more <Censored> than anybody in the league. Trust me these guys keep it real when they are off the cameras. We've all heard stories of pro players and how they are off the court. The fisher and scoal thing should've been handled by the refs earlier to prevent things. I had a feelin something was gonna happen. But we all know how joey crawford is.

At the end of the day this will only make this series better. I only wish for houston is to have von calm down and for ron to play within ron. That's why what kobe did was smart in a way. He knows artest is a hothead and will explode. Kobe was playin chess. Artest was playin checkers.
Exactly my point... well I don't know if I said it, but this is why I'm liking this stuff. Cheapshot or not, this series that was supposed to so easily be handed to Lakers will definitely turn into a good one now. It excites me.

Also what happened to Von, what'd he say to Adelman? I didn't catch anything after the game, my tivo didn't record anything afterwards... actually I missed the last 30 seconds of the game because it stopped recording apparently lol

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It had something to do with his temper and sayin some stuff he shouldn't have said. But from the rockets fans that's typical of von. What pissed him off was how sasha was guarding him.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sounds like Von, he had that problem when he was here in LA. I liked him though, I always thought he had talent, it was just the attitude.

Oh well... FAWK I'm tired, I came home watched the game, and couldn't sleep. I haven't caught a minute of sleep yet, and I gotta bounce for work soon. Kill me now homie.

Looks like a good night to catch up on sleep though, we know the Cavs are gonna hand it to the Hawks... no point in staying up for that ahahah

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So a guy does that to you when your playing and the foul is called on you? What are you gonna do recite bible verses? Your gonna stand up for yourself most likely. The nba rulebook states that any elbow foul hitting above the shoulders is an ejection.
lol no foul was called

but man right now is crazy. all over the internet is just laker hate hate hate. it seems more than ever. thats fine, but these people would be cheering if the flips were turned and the lakers were getting smacked with "cheap shots", etc.
Lakers showed they fight back.

i just want equality, but it's impossible with the lakers :p

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you know what really look at it.

http://zip.4chan.org/sp/src/1241674199380.gif

looks like kobe hit him in the chest and artest did a little acting

here's a still

sorry its so light. i had to drag the gif onto another part of the screen to make it still, then print screen

.loggie

Reaction score
Derek Fisher didn't feel as though he should have been ejected for his foul on Luis Scola.

"I understand the officials were trying to get the game under control at that point," Fisher said. "My intent was to run through the pick hard. He was further away from me than I thought so my arm was up high when I hit them."
he's probably just saying that but no one should be suspended IMO

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
D-Fish is just saying the political-correct thing to hopefully win over Stu Jackson
it won't work -- that was so flagrant, it's not even funny.

Like the Lakers fans say - they won't complain WHEN he's suspended. For him showing toughness - I'm sorry, toughness and being cheap are 2 different things. I love DFish, but I lost a little respect for him on that one, regardless it was against my Rockets.

As for the Kobe/Artest thing -- I agree. it was just two great players, in the heat of battle, fighting for position. But, to call a foul on Artest and not Kobe on that was a little awkward. And the ejections was a bit severe. As for game 1, Kobe did shove his elbow on top of Battier's head - the knee was not intentional, IMO. I understand Kobe is trying to prove he's not soft, and what he's doing so far is proving that. But, like Mexi said Battier is just one of those guys you know who's a professional. If he would've done that against Artest, there woulda been a fight most likely and Kobe bleeding. LOL

I'm lovin the series, but unfortunately any tough plays will be whistled in the future - and to be honest, that helps the Rockets more than the Lakers. especially in the post play with Yao

good luck to the Lakers. I look forward to watching the rest of this series

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah Fish was kinda cheap, but he showed the Lakers wont back down. thats a plus

otherwise i pretty much agree with everything you said Jarrod. Game 3 is gonna be fun for you lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Fisher is likely suspended, not kobe

i said i wouldnt complain so i wont. it just sucks that kenyon and rondo get it easy but not fisher
whatever, its ok.

he cant guard brookes/lowry like shannon and farmar who were decent last night

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah, i was surprised by Brown.. he plays like that again and that will be good for LA

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Tonight games seem kind of lackluster compared to last night. Im ready for the bos and orl and hou vs lal games already.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah Fish was kinda cheap, but he showed the Lakers wont back down. thats a plus

otherwise i pretty much agree with everything you said Jarrod. Game 3 is gonna be fun for you lol
Kind of cheap? Take your homer glasses off he decked a guy to the ground, that doesn't show toughness, that shows he will take any advantage he can get.

Fisher is likely suspended, not kobe
Kobe wouldn't get suspended if he murdered someone on the court.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kobe's not getting suspended because he didnt do anything that would warrant it
he didnt even elbow ron in the neck. it was more shoulder/chest area. and ron was digging his elbow into kobe's neck

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think it's official
Fisher got a game Kobe and Artest got none

its all good, lets worry about game 3 now

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
no. and for what? he didnt do anything to warrant a suspension imo

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
idk, i just think what he did was act like a 3 year old. People don't care that after he talked to the official he ran over to Kobe trying to basically fight him, but Kobe wanted none? Then the throat slashing movement is something Michael Vick would do. He may have meant something else, but you don't point at someone with anger and making that motion. If I flip my teacher off as a joke, they won't see it as that will they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%