2009 NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PP is a 3 and harden is a 2. I don't see the comparison because in his prime PP was booming on cats.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

I'm excited about this.
It's cool that I get to see every Clipper game on TV.
I might even go to a few games. I really like Griffin

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From the man who called him nothing special and thought he would be a bust until LA got the first pick

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Like I've been saying, and it's getting annoying.. Mexi is SI's BIGGEST homer

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Former North Carolina stud Tyler Hansbrough sees himself going a lot higher than people project in this month's NBA Draft.

In a recent radio interview with WFNZ, Hansbrough said that he believes he will be selected higher than 12th. The Bobcats own the twelfth overall pick, and have shown interest.

"Nah, I don't think so — I think I have a chance to go a little higher [than 12th] but we'll see what happens," Hansbrough said of whether he feels he'll go 12th. "It's hard to tell right now, it's still early a lot of things can happen, but the draft is approaching and we'll have to wait and see what happens."

He went on to say that his place in mock drafts and the doubts some have about his NBA career don't bother him.

"Yeah, I mean, I'm just doing what I do. A lot of people have doubted me and things like that, which is great — it seems like I'm proving a lot of people wrong," Hansbrough said.
Thought this was kinda interesting considering most mocks have him going at the end of the 1st round.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I wouldnt be surprised to see him go #12 since Brown and MJ are UNC alumns, and b/c of Jordan's TERRIBLE draft history lol

If he's picked anything higher then 22-24 then that teams has made a mistake, Hansbrough wont make any mark in the NBA other then benchwarmer/10-12MPG type player

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Jordan draft him

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I might be a little shocked to see MJ pass on him lol.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well its basically set in stone, Curry is the next Knicks draft pick..

According to his father Dell, Stephen Curry is not planning any workouts beyond a previously scheduled one with the Wizards.

"Yes, that's a clear indication Steph wants to be a Knick," reports the Charlotte Observer.
DAMN.

We got a much better GM in Walsh, but a bad drafter as well.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's obvious they are drafting him because he's a good friend of LeBron. There is no other reason for him to go in the top 10.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SACRAMENTO -- Highly touted draft prospect Brandon Jennings called Spanish sensation and potential No. 2 pick Ricky Rubio overhyped and not even the top point guard in the draft.

"Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me [and fellow point-guard prospects] Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Tywon Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't probably be at the top," Jennings said Friday.

Jennings made his comments after a workout for the Sacramento Kings that also included Syracuse's Flynn and UCLA's Holiday.

When asked if he thought Rubio, who has received great attention but has not worked out for NBA teams, is all hype, he said without hesitation, "Yes. Because he played in the Olympics, he's been playing pro ball since he was like 14. So there it is right there. ... I can't wait to play him, though, in summer league. I'm just letting you know that now. I can't wait.

"Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is. I just shoot the ball better than he can. The only thing I've seen him do sometimes is when he has a home-run pass or something like that. I think the dude is just all hype. I can't even front. I'm just going to be real with you guys."

Jennings, a likely top 10 pick who bypassed the NCAA to play professionally in Rome, faced Rubio once last season in Spain. When asked how the matchup went, Jennings said, "Well, when I played him, he had zero points, two assists and two turnovers. So you tell me how that went." In fact, according to the Euroleague's official Web site, Rubio went scoreless with three assists and three turnovers in nine minutes in the early stages of his return from a wrist injury. Jennings finished with 12 points and two assists in 23 minutes. Rubio and DKV Joventut beat Jennings and Lottomatica Roma 97-93.

BTW Steph did say if he was drafted by the knicks he would be in LBJ's ear about coming to Ny.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ohhhhh a new PG rivalry?

I do love Jennings game though, Ive always been a fan of a flashy game. And I believe him when he says he's a better player.

As for Steph, I cant hate Ive played against him, and he's from Charlotte, so that makes two dudes frim the City to go to the Big Apple an I hope he proves me wrong. I just hope we dont try to turn him into a PG, he's not a PG he'll be best for Nate's rol. Scoring spark off the bench.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From the man who called him nothing special and thought he would be a bust until LA got the first pick
oh i know. complete 180
towards the season he impressed me though. and in the tourney

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Charlotte Observer had an erroneous report in Friday's edition when Rick Bonnell cited Dell Curry's claim that his son Stephen Curry would be shutting it down following one final workout with Washington.

"The Washington one is set, and after that it's still open," said Curry to Chris Littmann of the Sporting News. "We're in talks with a lot of teams trying to get the right schedule going for the last week and a half. Beyond Tuesday in Washington, I don't have anything set yet."

Curry is also still talking about working out for Oklahoma City, Portland and Milwaukee.
Well so much for him getting that guarentee from us, but It still looks like he's our next pick...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Several first-round draft prospects, including North Carolina’s Tyler Hansbrough, Pittsburgh’s DeJuan Blair, Louisville’s Earl Clark and Ohio State's B.J. Mullens
I hope we don't take Blair or Hansbrough. I like Clark and I guess Mullens though.
I'd like to hear cheato's opinion on Mullens.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He has a lot of talent, maybe the most for any big man in the draft but he treated College ball like it was high school and thought he could just dominate without trying. He is pretty athletic, can finish around the rim, faster then the average 7 foot center and he has somewhat of a jumper he can use. He just didn't bring it every night in College. The talent is there, just not sure about the drive or will to win. Isn't that disciplined on rebounds either.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What about defensively?
Never seen him play, but he strikes me as the type of guy who would get thrown around by NBA big men.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He was okay defensivley, he is very athletic so obviously he can get up there for a block and get the home crowd up standing, but there really wasn't any challenging big man he ever had to cover in the post.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So overall would he be a good pick at #15? And what type of numbers do you think he could put up in his career?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%