2009 Free-Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea Nate should go overseas, that way NY could use the cap on 2010 then bring him back over here.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's a funny story I got from another forum about david lee.

Prolly not really pertinent to anything seeing as though he might not be there next year, and even if he is what he says doesn't affect anything...but it was funny and random as hell to me... we saw David Lee out in the club last night (spot named Pepper Lounge in downtown STL)...one of my homie's a big lebron fan and decides to ask him "Hey are y'all getting Bron next year"...to which Lee immediately responds "Man...fukk Lebron"
Lol Im doubting bron leaves

BTW Nate isnt worth that much imo. He's exciting but his ceiling is great.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
David Lee wants to get paid.
I can see why he hates Bron lol

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mexi didn't you say the Lakers would sign BOTH Odom and Ariza?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh yeah i forgot i'm not only a fortune teller, but also got conections with Odom and Ariza lol

didnt you say the Cavs would sign Villanueva?
better yet, didnt you say you would win the NBA Finals?
:p

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never said the Cavs would sign Villanueva. I had a pic of him in my avy and said there was a chance.

And predicting the finals is different then predicting free agents.

I just know I'm not the fool saying LeBron is going to the Clippers. And I'm not the one claiming Blake to be a bust

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol
i've told you a million times that when it comes to Blake Griffin, I'm a flip flopper.
One minute I love him, one minute i'm questioning him.

and yeah Bron to the Clips lol
i can still see it happening though. got to wait and see how the upcoming season plays out.
no guarantee he stays though.

come next year the max contract is gonna go down like 2M.
he'd be wise to get some extra money now, no?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking, but he is a drama queen so he'll probably wait, but I don't see him leaving. A smart kid like himself wouldn't just go out and leave the team, at least I don't think.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Chicago Bulls today made a settlement with forward Tim Thomas. In accordance with that move, the Bulls have requested waivers on Thomas. ESPN reports that Thomas had one season left (at nearly $6.5 million) on his deal.

Thomas joined the Bulls on Feb. 19, 2009 in a four-player trade with the New York Knicks. In 18 regular season games with Chicago last season, he averaged 5.8 ppg and 2.3 rpg in 14.1 mpg, and shot .400 from the field, .442 from downtown and .700 from the line. The 32-year old Thomas has averaged 11.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.6 apg and 14.1 mpg for six different teams over his 12-year career in the NBA.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I aint mad at DLee, LeBron is the reason he hasn't been paid yet. He'll end up getting paid sooner or later, idk about 10mil but I can see a 8mil contract in his futrure.

As for Nate, I don't think he'll go overseas, and I would say he is worth 5mil young, he's one of the top 6th men in the league and 5mil for a great 6th man is reasonable IMO.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If we were in a diff economy situation then yea I could see him getting paid that. If he wants to play in the nba he should take the knicks 1 year 2.9 deal if thats what the deal is.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he should take the qualifying offer too lol. But I don't think money is the motivating factor for Nate. Unlike other FAs he hasn't come out and named the price he wants, which makes me believe he just wants to play.

Its obvious he wants to go to Portland, but they don't want him so unless some other team offers him their MLE, I think he takes our offer.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RicBucherJust an FYI: if Lakers do abandon LO, they aren't doing any sign&trades. Nobody out there they consider comparable they'd want to get.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I read the Jazz also like DLee.

And we like Booz....

So if the Jazz decide to let Milsap go, a possible S&T involving DLee and Booz?

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually like that move for Utah. He would really flourish with a point like deron.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But DLee isn't worth the money Boozer is getting, so how would they match Boozer's contract?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It all depends on how much Lee is signed for. Cant come of with a deal without his contract numbers.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know that, I'm saying though DLee is not worth anything close to watch Boozer is making. So Utah would have to make the contract loaded up front and cheaper as the years go by. Get it?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That or add more to the deal we could add Hughes ad they send Harpring.

But It all depends on what Utah thinks DLee is worth, the only reason they havent matched Millsap's deal is b/c of the luxury tax. And he and Lee are similar players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%