Pau Gasol a LAKER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol Mexi, you're acting like what happens in the regular season actually matters. What does matter is, the Lakers can't win in the playoffs. 1-12 in their last 3 playoff series. I'm not looking at this season, because I know unbiased that the Lakers still aren't elite in the West. In the future, this trade absolutely blows for you guys, but I guess you'll just have to wait to see that.
IDK why you think that CC but you are entitled to your opinion.

Look what the Lakers traded to get Pau, the only player their gonna miss is Crittenton, and that 2008 1st. Thats still a steal. This trade couldnt have gone any better for the Lakers, I think its makes them a contender as well.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Think about it. They're in salary cap hell, so when Bynum and Farmar's contracts are up in a year or two, they won't be able to sign them to big contracts. They lose Crittenton, their first round pick in 07. They lose the pick in 08, and the big part of the deal is the pick in 2010, which will be after Kobe leaves...

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kobe won't leave if he has Odom, Bynum and Gasol...

They can use bird rights to sign Bynum and Farmar... No?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Think about it. They're in salary cap hell, so when Bynum and Farmar's contracts are up in a year or two, they won't be able to sign them to big contracts. They lose Crittenton, their first round pick in 07. They lose the pick in 08, and the big part of the deal is the pick in 2010, which will be after Kobe leaves...

You might be right, I didnt think about that.

But we all know Kobe wants to win NOW and the last thing the Lakers wanna do is lose him, so their going to do anything to keep him in LA. This wasnt a move they needed to make, but they did to show Kobe they are committed, but it might hurt in a few years......but you can tell the Celtics fans that too but I doubt they'll care lol.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Kobe won't leave if he has Odom, Bynum and Gasol...

They can use bird rights to sign Bynum and Farmar... No?
Next year, Kobe makes 21 mill. Gasol makes 15 mill. Odom makes 14 mill. Radmanovic makes 6 mill. Derek Fisher and Walton each make 4.5 mill. That puts them about 10 mill over the cap right there. If they want to further their damages, sure they can sign Bynum and Farmar to money they can't refuse. But is it for the better? No...

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do they have a choice? They can retain Bynum for 6-9 mill, and it'd be money well spent. Farmar won't take more than 3-6 mill...

If you're already over the cap, may as well spend some more money.

Edit: Bynum has a team option for next year, and then has a qualifying offer, which keeps him locked up through 2009-2010.

Farmar has a team option for the next 2 seasons and then a qualifying offer... Keeping him through 2010-11.

After next year, Odom's 14 mill will be gone and Mihm's 2.5 as well... Odom can be resigned for much less and they'd free up cap space.

Who cares about being in "salary cap hell". The Suns, Celtics, Spurs, Mavericks, Nuggets, Pistons, Rockets, etc are all in it. And you know what? They don't care at all... Because they are winning.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
how crazy is this ish.
The Griz are planning to buy out the Kwamster and then he'll come back and re-sign with us lol
crazier and crazier by the minute
Thats true.I read it but didn't belive it haha.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
WTF

First Kevin McHale sends KG to his old team for basically nothing (besides Jefferson whos a beast), and now Jerry West gives up Gasol for his old team for NOTHING. WTF is going on?!

WEBBER > ALL

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Lol Webber sucks.

I can't wait to see Gasol,Odom,Bynum,Kobe,Fisher all together. I think that they will mesh together pretty good and be a force to be dealt with. The bench is still pretty deep with Walton,Farmar,Sasha,Turiaf, and Ariza when he comes back. Is Brown really coming back to LA though? They do need some depth at C/PF though.

ThaBigTime

Reaction score
They're still no better than the 6th seed. Suns + Mavs + Spurs + Hornets + Nuggets/Jazz (Winner of NW Division)...
Wow..no you didnt

With Fisher/Bryant/Odom/Gasol/Bynum

How is that not better then 6th seed? You must be on crack

That lineup is good enough to beat the nuggets/jazz even Spurs, with the way their playing right now.

Lakers will be 4th seed when its all said and done imo

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow..no you didnt

With Fisher/Bryant/Odom/Gasol/Bynum

How is that not better then 6th seed? You must be on crack

That lineup is good enough to beat the nuggets/jazz even Spurs, with the way their playing right now.

Lakers will be 4th seed when its all said and done imo
Thats what I said

Option

Reaction score
Finally, my Lakers actually make a deal, a good one at that. I remember when we almost got Jason Kidd last year, but we didn't, so this is really good news especially to a Lakers fan.

Championship ftw?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This move, by contrast, is fantastic for them short-term and long-term, even if they still must prove that Odom has a future with the Lakers as an expensive fourth wheel and even though Bryant can still opt out of his contract and become a free agent after next season if he chooses. But why would he flirt with leaving now? Gasol should prevent L.A. from losing any more momentum in the West while Bynum recuperates and sets Kobe up with a front line teeming with length and versatility when he, Bynum and Odom are all available.

And if it turns out those three can't play together? They can shop both Gasol and Odom in the offseason and decide which one to keep, depending on what sort of deals come in, conceivably doubling their chances of finding a good deal.
-Mark Stein

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
-Mark Stein
I can believe it. I like this move 100%. Was never too fond of Crittenton and the Lakers get the better Gasol. Kwame Brown was mediocre since Washington and I hate Aaron Mckie. I don't care if they gave up 08 and 2010 picks...gasol is worth it. I really do think this team can contend in the tough West now.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Aaron McKie thing is pretty funny.
He was still under contract with us, but was one of Philly's assistant coaches. He has said that he will join Memphis because they need a veteran guy in the locker room

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Aaron McKie thing is pretty funny.
He was still under contract with us, but was one of Philly's assistant coaches. He has said that he will join Memphis because they need a veteran guy in the locker room
LOL I don't know... I was looking at the Grizzlies roster earlier today and they had Crittenton and Brown listed, but not McKie, so...

I also read he might go make to the 76ers as a player.

.loggie

Reaction score
I'm just gonna throw this out there to cause a commotion but NEITHER THE CELTICS OR LAKERS WILL MAKE IT TO THE FINALS.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They're still no better than the 6th seed. Suns + Mavs + Spurs + Hornets + Nuggets/Jazz (Winner of NW Division)...
They are better than the Hornets. Hornets are too enixperienced.
And the Winner of the NW division may have a better seeding than them, but i doubt they survive the 1st rd.
And they would give any of those other 3 a run at their money IMO.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"I'm going to fight to the death to achieve the team's objectives. In Los Angeles I will have a chance to win the title." - Pau Gasol

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Quotes mean jack squat really...

And as for your quote in your sig, I agree with CC..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%