Pau Gasol a LAKER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just don't get the love for the Suns. I mean look at it. Do you guys NOT realise why they have yet to be succesful on getting a championship yet? Yet you guys always have them as WC favorite.

It's funny how the NON-Suns fans are the ones thinking they're still top tier. BUt when I look around Suns forums, (and others like GSW sites) they're trippin out all over the trade. They know what's up.

I just love the Laker hate on this here forum.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They aren't in my books a final's team. But I'd pick them over the Lakers..

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Okay, but how about the Hornets? A relatively young team. You guys like to base things off of past seasons, that even NBA greats like Bill' Russ' says is a totally irrelevant thing to do, but lets do what you guys like to do and do base things off of past seasons.

Based off the past couple of seasons, which is the more experienced team? Which team with its same core players has even made it to the playoffs? The Hornets have barely even sniffed it. And the Nuggets, ha..ha..ha.. lets do what you guys like to do again, base things off of past seasons. When was the last time the Nuggets made it past first round with Anthony there? Wait, Iverson is the difference right? The Nuggets team is totally different now right? But no, the Lakers are just the same old team from past seasons. Okay I get you guys now.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
“The more good players you can put around a guy like Kobe, he’s going to make those guys better,” coach Flip Saunders said. “They’re going to make him better because you can’t give as much attention to Kobe as you’d like to.”

Just like the Pistons did in 2004 when they acquired a missing piece in Rasheed Wallace, who helped them win an NBA championship, the Gasol trade should infuse more energy into an already talented Lakers’ team. And when budding center Andrew Bynum returns from injury, Los Angeles could be poised for a deep postseason run.

”It just boosts your morale big time,” Chauncey Billups said. “It’s like we were right there at the top of that level. We just needed something to get over the top. I’m sure they feel like that’s going to be their piece to get back on top, to get over the top.”

The acquisition of Gasol will allow the Lakers to play the triple post with Lamar Odom and Bynum, Saunders said.

“That’s a great trade for them,” Saunders said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%