Official Wrestling Talk Thread

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
sheamus has a cast on his arm so add him to the injury list.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
king is burying aj on smackdown. he hit the clash clean as hell doe

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im on the 8th episode of the first season lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
luke harper will be facing brock at a live event in toronto

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
WWE is currently running a poll on their website asking fans which WWE debut theyve enjoyed the most. There are several options to vote for such as AJ Styles, Big Show, Santino Marella, Sting, Chris Jericho, Kane, The Undertaker and theres also the option to leave your own suggestion in the comments.

With a little over 3,300 votes cast, AJ Styles is currently leading the poll with 34% of the votes. Stings debut at Survivor Series 2014 follows behind with 20% of the votes and Chris Jerichos debut in 1999 has 18% of the votes.

im happy to see aj getting that nod so far but id say it was y2j, kane, and then probably aj. had they gave aj the pyro at the rumble it would have pushed him closer to jericho for me.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sheamus will have the Wade Barrett limited role and ADR has a back injury but he is working through the pain and can't forget about Rusev leg injury. The league Of Disables lol.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
im on the 8th episode of the first season lol

Damn you still got some ways  to go lol. There is 39 episodes in the first season.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
WWE is currently running a poll on their website asking fans which WWE debut theyve enjoyed the most. There are several options to vote for such as AJ Styles, Big Show, Santino Marella, Sting, Chris Jericho, Kane, The Undertaker and theres also the option to leave your own suggestion in the comments.

With a little over 3,300 votes cast, AJ Styles is currently leading the poll with 34% of the votes. Stings debut at Survivor Series 2014 follows behind with 20% of the votes and Chris Jerichos debut in 1999 has 18% of the votes.

im happy to see aj getting that nod so far but id say it was y2j, kane, and then probably aj. had they gave aj the pyro at the rumble it would have pushed him closer to jericho for me.
The Santino debut is underrated, mainly because he sucks, but the execution there was fantastic. 

Also, that's gotta be Kane!!! 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:

Damn you still got some ways  to go lol. There is 39 episodes in the first season.
i know haha. i can knock em out if i wanted

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Multiple wrestlers claim TNA uses 'Feast or Fired' as a way to actually fire people

Wrestling Inc has a couple of pretty astounding stories from former TNA wrestlers which describe the company pulling both the ultimate LOLTNA and "turned a work into a shoot" moves.
Every year, give or take, Impact Wrestling has a match called "Feast or Fired" - the most recent edition of which happened on the episode that aired Tuesday, January 26. It's the old ____ on a pole gimmick, with multiple briefcases hung around the ring for which wrestlers fight to gain possession.
If it sounds like WWE's Money in the Bank ladder match, it kind of is. Most of the cases contain contracts for title shots at TNA's various championships, although not with the cash-in-any-time stipulation. The real difference is that one contains a pink slip, meaning the poor guy or gal who grabbed that attache is fired.
And that's where the stories from Lucha Underground's Chavo Guerrero and Shawn Daivari reveal how weird things can get with the Nashville-based promotion.
In Sean Ross Sapp's interview with Guerrero, he explained that the company tried to use the gimmick to actually cut him from their roster in 2013. The incident so infuriated him that, after having his lawyers explain to Dixie Carter and team that his real contract prohibited them from firing him like that, he left on his own:

...we did it [the Feast or Fired match], and after that match a production guy came up to me like 'are you leaving?' and I ask what he's talking about, so there's obviously some inside scoop there. I start thinking that this can't be right. I ask 'is that the way you guys are letting me go?' I was pissed. It was very underhanded and conniving, and unprofessional. One of the most unprofessional things I've had happen in the wrestling business.
After that happened I talked to my lawyer and he looked over the contract, and he said they can't do that... We came to a mutual understanding to part ways, because out relationship is a little burned and won't be the same... It left a really bad taste in my mouth. You treat a talent like that? I came in from a wrestling family and from WWE, I was on the booking committee helping out and all these different things, and you're doing that? I didn't want to work for them after that anyway. I'd probably never want to work for a company like that ever again.
Daivari's tale is a little more involved, but no less head scratching. He told Sapp there was an angle set between he and Cody Deaner in 2009 where they would "tie" by coming down from the pole with the same case at the same time, only to discover it was the "Fired" one and try to pawn it off on the other.
This was right when Impact was running a live broadcast to welcome Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan to the company, and the guys were informed that as part of the planned angle, Bischoff would reveal on the air which wrestler he was shoot firing. Like Chavo, Daivari decided a company that would do that wasn't one he wanted to work for, so he left. Amazingly, TNA also let Deaner go shortly thereafter.

Bischoff was going to legit decide who was going to stay on the show. I was so mad and frustrated that was a question, because I just signed a new contract with them. I was so f--king pissed. We just signed this contract after they were dragging their heels, so I was like 'f--k this, give me the briefcase, it's my last night, if you're not going to fire me, I quit. Give me the briefcase and let me get the f--k out. I don't want to wait for Bischoff, let's do it tonight.' Terry [Taylor] said he had to ask Dixie, so he went and told Dixie how pissed I was and she said 'fine, if he wants to go, let him go.' The worst part is I thought I was possibly saving Cody Deaner's job, but they ended up firing him anyway! It's pretty s--tty.

Check out Wrestling Inc's interviews with both men (Chavo here; Daivari here), as well as Sapp's excellent longform piece on WWE's infamous Muhammad Hassan character, for which the interview with Daivari was conducted, for more.
And don't turn a work into a shoot, brothers.

The same match that had Daniels fired and turned into Curry Man and ended up getting the fired briefcase as Curry Man too lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
that company sounds like hell. i would rather run the indy circuit.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
cant wait for some footage to be added.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meanwhile back over at TNA

TNA STAR SENT HOME AFTER LOCKER ROOM INCIDENT
By Mike Johnson on 2016-01-29 18:51:29
Former TNA Knockouts champion Awesome Kong was sent home from the current UK tour on the first day following a locker room incident with Reby Sky, PWInsider.com has learned.

According to multiple sources, Kong took issue with Sky attempting to dress in the women's locker room and threw Sky's bag out of the room. There was apparently some issue on Kong's end with Sky, although I haven't confirmed what.

We are told Sky left the room and when she returned to retrieve her things, Kong went after her for "not apologizing." What Sky was supposed to be "apologizing" for remains to be discovered. PWInsider.com is still working on that aspect of the story.

There are two versions making the rounds. One is that Kong tried to go after Sky but was stopped. The second version, which we've heard from FAR more people, is that Kong throttled Sky around the neck and assaulted her, before security and TNA Producer Pat Kenney restrained Kong.

What makes the entire situation worse is that Reby and Matt Hardy's son was right in the vicinity of the incident we are told.

The incident led to Kong being sent home by TNA. What this means for her long-term status with the company is probably undecided as of this writing.

Kong departed TNA in 2010 after assaulting shock DJ Bubba the Love Sponge (at the time, working as a backstage interviewer for the company through his connection to Hulk Hogan) after Bubba made derogatory remarks about Haiti following a major Earthquake there. She went to WWE for a short run as Kharma and returned to TNA in early 2015.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Enzo and Cass are getting called up soon, I reckon. they've been absent from nxt tapings recently (I think), and they're not in the title picture

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i think they could be huge for the main roster. i like the potential of both if them being singles wrestlers too.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
why didnt anyone tell me nxt was in detroit?! fuck you all

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugzo said:
why didnt anyone tell me nxt was in detroit?! fuck you all

I made a post that they was touring midwest with all the cities they are going to lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%