Official Wrestling Talk Thread

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Antonio Cesaro Labeled “Boring” By WWE Officials,
- After holding the United States Championship for 240 days through last month when he was upended by Kofi Kingston, Antonio Cesaro’s standing in WWE has been greatly curtailed as the Swiss grappler has lost the majority of his televised matches. For those wondering whether his demotion is as a result of “heat” backstage, it is not. Rather, top WWE officials simply feel he lacks personality.

While addressing Cesaro’s current placement in WWE, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio Monday night that company brass believe that the former Ring of Honor standout is “boring,” resulting in his slide down the card. Some in WWE, however, are not in favor of the demotion, and believe Cesaro should be a headliner.

While Cesaro engaged in a match with Kingston two weeks on WWE Main Event that was well-received by management, it failed to alter his standing in the organization. Meltzer noted, “They don’t see him any higher than they did two weeks ago. There was lip service paid there for a week or two, but it’s over now.”

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
man this is an epic card filled with older style matches, i just hope they all turn out well. im sure the shield will leave with the straps, which will be good.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
creative is the reason he may seem boring. they flat out suck. dude is great in the ring and great on the mic, its up to them to make him better.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugz said:
creative is the reason he may seem boring. they flat out suck. dude is great in the ring and great on the mic, its up to them to make him better.

Thats what happens when you have those hollywood soap writers in wrestling.

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-05-13/is-there-a-third-paul-heyman-guy-26115071

Might there be another Paul Heyman guy waiting in the wings?

While CM Punk languishes in self-imposed exile and Brock Lesnar prepares to battle Triple H inside a steel cage, rumors have begun swirling that the mad scientist is looking to expand his ranks, and actively scouting for a third client inside the WWE locker room. The rumors are admittedly just that at this point, but the WWE Superstars and Divas are still abuzz over the possibility of Heyman’s ranks increasing by one.

Despite Heyman’s firebrand reputation, it would appear there is no shortage of Superstars clamoring for his representation, which makes sense given the visibility an association with the mad scientist brings.

“Would I like to be represented by Paul Heyman? Of course,” NXT Superstar Corey Graves said. “It doesn’t mean you’re gonna be liked. You’re not gonna make any friends … but you can’t deny that if you’re a Paul Heyman guy, the world’s going to talk about you.”

United States Champion Kofi Kingston also weighed in with a response that some may find a bit surprising. “I think anyone who is not interested in having Paul Heyman as a representative would be foolish. Look at his track record and what he’s done for guys like Brock Lesnar. You see how much of an asset he’s been for CM Punk. [Heyman] is a genius.”

Others are more wary than anything over the potential growth of Heyman’s cult of personality. Take the recently returned Miz, for example. “What’s in it for me? I’ll answer a question with a question, because while Heyman definitely has something to offer, I just don’t know what he has to offer to me.”

As for Paul Heyman himself, he responded with an uncharacteristic silence when pressed for comment. Third man or not, it would appear he has the WWE Universe talking regardless — which of course, is just the way he likes it.

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
For what it's worth Cesaro being pushed down the card is an absolute joke.  I wish TNA would have signed him.  WWe booking is just absolutely terrible and they seriously need to fire all their writers and bring in fresh blood with new ideas or an actual direction to bring the company in.  I could put together much better shows than what they've been doing and honestly it wouldn't even be that hard.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
the writers are so horrible. they recycle so much old storylines and make them 10x worse.

as for heyman wanting a new guy, kofi would be decent. they turn him heel, i bet he gets huge pops(boos but still better than his silence now).

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
as hard as it is to say since nxt is loaded, they dont need ti bring any new guys up until they use some of the talent they have. i cant wait for the older guys igrew up on to fizzle out because the younger guys have so much potential.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You now its bad nowadays when the Heels get more pops than faces lol.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
All of the current faces are boring as hell. Does anyone honestly give a shit about ADR or Sheamus? Not to mention that the heels are the only ones who seem to have any direction witb their characters.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol ziggler gets the biggest pop in all of wrestling right now.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
adr is stale as fuck. he seriously gets ZERO pop. nothing at all. sheamus isnt bad but hes stale too. all the faces suck lol

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sheamus was a great as a heel. The stuff they have him do now as a face is more heelish than anything else.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Big Bid'Ness said:
Sheamus was a great as a heel. The stuff they have him do now as a face is more heelish than anything else.
minus his mic work, thats for fucking 6 year olds lol. he was GREAT as a heel but hes probably never going to have thay role again =\

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papa Pugz said:
minus his mic work, thats for fucking 6 year olds lol. he was GREAT as a heel but hes probably never going to have thay role again =\
Damn Be-A-Star and Make a wish programs lol.

Boda

PSN = HitmanCapone
Reaction score
Papa Pugz said:
the writers are so horrible. they recycle so much old storylines and make them 10x worse.

as for heyman wanting a new guy, kofi would be decent. they turn him heel, i bet he gets huge pops(boos but still better than his silence now).
I don't care for Kofi Kingston, to me he is boring, but turning him heel and putting him with Paul Heyman I think would make him interesting.  I doubt it ever happens but it's a nice little thought

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Boda said:
I don't care for Kofi Kingston, to me he is boring, but turning him heel and putting him with Paul Heyman I think would make him interesting.  I doubt it ever happens but it's a nice little thought
yep. dude is one of the more boring wrestlers. his move set is cool but even that would get better with a heel turn.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How do movesets get better with a heel turn though? They usually strip the highflyers of their moves and make them more strategic and dirtier. Can't have the crowd cheer for the heel with the awesome spots.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
buzzy said:
How do movesets get better with a heel turn though? They usually strip the highflyers of their moves and make them more strategic and dirtier. Can't have the crowd cheer for the heel with the awesome spots.
because a dirtier moveset would be better lol. and i dont think theyd have kofi stoo doing the high flying, because no one cheers for them now lol

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amped to see Triple H & Lesnar do work but what does it say when I don't really give a shit about the rest of the card?   I hope we see all three members of The Shield leave with gold around their waists but I'm sick of the Kane/Bryan tag team & Kofi Kingston is a boring character.  

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%