Nuggets Trade with Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cause that has anything to do with trading players..

Yes he made one mistake, he is still the best/one of the best GM's in the league. You know it, and denying it is just dumb.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
He drafted Darko over Melo, Wade, Bosh, etc. Nuff said...
So he's the worst team GM ever, right?

He later traded Darko for a pick, that pick turned out to be Rodney Stuckey, he also got Rasheed for nothing, traded for Rip and Wallace when nobody thought anything of them, picked up Billups and built a championship team.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
No, I'm not saying it makes him a bad GM. I'm saying he's not immune to mistakes...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Drafted Mehmet, Prince, Maxiell, plus this AI trade. I know I'm missing more.

The dude is genius.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You do know that..
AI got more apg then Billups last year...

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Now they're saying that McDyess may be staying with Denver.

rotoworld.com said:
The Rocky Mountain News reports that Denver intends to keep Antonio McDyess after acquiring him in Monday's trade.
Several reports had indicated that he would be bought out before ever wearing a Nuggets jersey, but the paper's source was Rex Chapman, Denver's vice president of player personnel. McDyess would likely be Denver's first big man off the bench. His departure is a boon to the value of Pistons forwards Jason Maxiell and Amir Johnson. Nov. 3 - 9:27 pm et
Source: Rocky Mountain News
As far as the trade goes... I still don't believe it. This may make Detroit better, but I just wanna see what Tayshaun and everybody thinks. I mean they all have been together for a while. The people that helped them win two championships.... I'm sure they'll still good though.

I'm thinking if they meet up with Boston they may take it to em. Rondo may do good against Billups, but I don't see him taking Iverson.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
seriously, the only part of the trade i like for Detroit is the fact that they get a buttload of cap relief at season's end. In that sense, Dumars hit it out the park
On the court like i said, it isnt gonna work.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good trade...a shocker...but a good trade.

First off...I am happy to see Iverson back in the East. As a kid who made his mother dish out some serious cash & travel far & wide for the first pair of Iverson kicks, back in the day...I look forward to Iverson making more of a splash with Detroit this season...than he has with Denver in recent seasons.

There just wasn't enough ball to go around in Denver & I think Chauncey helps out more with his ability to spread the ball around.

Dumars is trying to to turn the page in Detroit and look to the future. The Pistons have some great young talent & I feel like trading off McDyess and getting Maxiell on the court more is beneficial to Pistons future.

I hope this deal sparks both teams...and doesn't end up doing to Detroit what the Shaq trade did to Phoenix last season.

What's interesting is a lot of fans out there believe the Nuggets got the better end of this deal.

Chauncey going to roll with #4 once again? He already did during his first stint in Denver.

BrewCrewFan

Reaction score
I LOVE this deal from Detroit's standpoint and also a good deal from Denver's standpoint. The Pistons first off get a GREAT scorer in AI, Billups was making 10 million a year, and he's over 30 years old I believe. AI is a expiring contract, with him and Wallace coming off the books, the Pistons have some serious cap space. The Nuggets get Billiups who passes the ball and can score. Anthony-Billups duo is going to be better then an AI-Carmelo. Great deal for both teams. Now trade Wallace to the Bucks and were all good :rolleyes:

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SMH at anyone thinking this trade makes Detroit better than Boston
this was done to get cap space. Dumars thought why not?
I like the trade for a couple reasons for Detroit:
1. Cap Space to go get some quality FA's/
2. Let Stuckey shine. Chauncey was under contract for 5 more years and Stuck was gonna have to wait his turn. Starting next season, he will start which is gonna be a good thing.

That is seriously all i could think of. AI's style of play and Detroit's style of play just dont match IMO.
You guys could say he's a scorer and slasher we needed, but he really doesnt fit the Pistons style of play
are they better? sure a little, but not over the top better.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SMH at anyone thinking this trade makes Detroit better than Boston
this was done to get cap space. Dumars thought why not?
I like the trade for a couple reasons for Detroit:
1. Cap Space to go get some quality FA's/
2. Let Stuckey shine. Chauncey was under contract for 5 more years and Stuck was gonna have to wait his turn. Starting next season, he will start which is gonna be a good thing.

That is seriously all i could think of. AI's style of play and Detroit's style of play just dont match IMO.
You guys could say he's a scorer and slasher we needed, but he really doesnt fit the Pistons style of play
are they better? sure a little, but not over the top better.
Exactly why I am thinking this could spell disaster for the Pistons...the same way the Shaq trade sent the Suns downhill last season.

I am a big AI fan though & I hope it works out for both.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont think it'll have the same effect as the shaq trade, but i agree with what your saying.
like i said, Detroit is a little better, but not over the top better this season.

Chauncey in Denver is pretty sexy. He fits so well with them. They still wont go anywhere, but they are better than they were with Iverson

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
its cool cause i saw AI's last game as a Nugget. Saturday's loss against the Lakers

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
ZOMGz guyz. No bad talk about Detroit allowed on SI. Didn't you read the rules????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%