Nuggets Trade with Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well think of it this way. If Detroit traded for T-Mac or Carmelo in the off-season wouldn't it pretty much be the same way?

The bottom line is Detroit NEEDED a go to guy. We were good with a balanced team, but we needed a superstar.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well think of it this way. If Detroit traded for T-Mac or Carmelo in the off-season wouldn't it pretty much be the same way?

The bottom line is Detroit NEEDED a go to guy. We were good with a balanced team, but we needed a superstar.
The one thing I have always like about Detroit is the fact that their recent success hasn't been because of the fact that they had a clear-cut superstar. No team has played better and won more as a complete "team" than Detroit has.

Ben Wallace's departure was perfect example. The guy hasn't done sh*t since he left Motown & even the most average NBA fan has realized he was no big star in Detroit. Wallace was good in Detroit because of his role & the way his role meshed together with the rest of the roleplayers on that team.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ben Wallace's departure was perfect example. The guy hasn't done sh*t since he left Motown & even the most average NBA fan has realized he was no big star in Detroit. Wallace was good in Detroit because of his role & the way his role meshed together with the rest of the roleplayers on that team.
Yep Sheed, Rip, Prince, & Billups made him look good.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah you got a good point AE. But I mean we haven't won the title since 2004. Obviously we had to do something.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah you got a good point AE. But I mean we haven't won the title since 2004. Obviously we had to do something.
I'd agree with that. No doubt that the "Big 3" in Boston really forces a team like Detroit to bring in a big name & change things up in an attempt to reclaim the East.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeh. I finally get how you guys think this wouldn't work.

IDK, I don't see Detroit failing at all. We can win without Billups, I'm sure we can win with AI. This not working just, doesn't seem right.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Well yea, but he is still superstar status and a lot better than Billups.

It's not like we need him long term.
Iverson is a better player than Billups. Without a doubt. But Billups is better for the Pistons than AI.

That's as simple as it can be put.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I get what your saying. But it's was time for a change so.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Iverson and the pistons will mesh together real well.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow this is gonna be hot.

My Mavs vs. The Nuggets including Chauncey's debut with Birdman

LATE NIGHT EDITION <3

10:30 PM EST on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%