NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
lol it looks that way, but it`s not over yet. I mean yeah, we wont win the Big Ten, but with a strong finish in Big Ten, we could sneak into the tourny. I really hope we make it but if we dont, i`ll be happy either way because this year was an improvement from last, and hopefully next year will be an improvement as well.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Some higher ranked teams are in some trouble.

#1 Wake is down to V-Tech 49-44 with 13:41 left in the game.
#3 UConn is up 62-59 on Nova with 13:58 left in the game.
#7 MSU is down 57-62 to Northwestern with 2:04 left in the game.

Finals
Wake(16-1) couldn`t come back against V-Tech(13-5), losing 78-71, giving them their first loss on the season, and being the last team to chalk up a loss this season. Malcolm Delaney(VT)-21pts, 7rebs, 3asts.

UConn(17-1) held off Nova(14-4) 89-83. A.J. Price(CONN)-29pts, 5rebs, 5asts

MSU(15-3) lost to Northwestern(10-6) 70-63. Kevin Coble(NU)-31pts, 4rebs, 4stls

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Man Duke really laid an ass whoopin' on Maryland today, won by 41 points.

Hopefully Wisconsin can beat Illinois today so MSU can have that 2 game cushion again.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Not suprised what Duke did. I mean, I am suprised they won by 41, but not suprised they humiliated Maryland. When I saw Duke played Maryland, I was like "Dangit, i`ll have to wait till next week to hope for a Duke loss."

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Michigan actually won tonight. go figure!! They beat Northwestern(MSU remembers them lol) 68-59.

Stat Line
Sims-15pts, 7rebs, 2blks
Harris-8pts, 12rebs, 4asts, 2blks
Grady-11pts, 4rebs

Wolverines play Ohio State next, who we lost to in our 1st meeting. Hopefully we can improve to 5-4 in Big Ten after that game. We need to get back into the mix of things to have a shot at the tourny.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michigan actually won tonight. go figure!! They beat Northwestern(MSU remembers them lol) 68-59.

Stat Line
Sims-15pts, 7rebs, 2blks
Harris-8pts, 12rebs, 4asts, 2blks
Grady-11pts, 4rebs

Wolverines play Ohio State next, who we lost to in our 1st meeting. Hopefully we can improve to 5-4 in Big Ten after that game. We need to get back into the mix of things to have a shot at the tourny.
OSU better not lose at home to Michigan <_< Hopefully the Buckeyes can knock off MSU on Sunday in Columbus and then take out Michigan.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
OSU better not lose at home to Michigan <_< Hopefully the Buckeyes can knock off MSU on Sunday in Columbus and then take out Michigan.
See, if you take out MSU, than you wouldn`t have to beat us. Since you would`ve already beaten Michigan, technically. The only differences between the two is school colors, mascots, players, coaches, fans, facilities, town their located in, announcers, cheerleaders, # of students, degrees they offer, athletic abilities, championships won, tourny appearances, one ends in the word state....but that`s all that`s different between the two, that I can think of off the top of my head.

kdogg

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt it after all those turnovers and bad defense in our last game. I mean guys were hitting bank three point shots and fade away shot clock beaters on a couple occasions lol.

kdogg

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't expect MSU to handle OSU like that in the second half. Summers and Lucas killed OSU, while both had over 20 points.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't believe we blew that game against MSU <_< We lack so much experience, our only player who has 3 years of division 1 ball is injured right now, David Lighty. (Our PG is a Junior but was a junior college transfer). So we are playing a bunch of freshman and sophomores and they make a bunch of mistakes. Hopefully they all comeback next year, because we could compete for the big ten title.

kdogg

Reaction score
I can't believe we blew that game against MSU <_< We lack so much experience, our only player who has 3 years of division 1 ball is injured right now (Our PG is a Junior but was a junior college transfer). So we are playing a bunch of freshman and sophomores and they make a bunch of mistakes. Hopefully they all comeback next year, because we could compete for the big ten title.
Yeah, I thought we were going to lose that game for sure after a couple minutes of play. But you guys left Summers for three open so much in the 1st half and we got so many second chances off misses that it kept the game close enough for us to eventually make a comeback and take over the game. But yeah, I agree with you on the part about your team being extremely young and inexperienced. I heard Mullens was leaving no matter what happens though.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought we were going to lose that game for sure after a couple minutes of play. But you guys left Summers for three open so much in the 1st half and we got so many second chances off misses that it kept the game close enough for us to eventually make a comeback and take over the game. But yeah, I agree with you on the part about your team being extremely young and inexperienced. I heard Mullens was leaving no matter what happens though.
Summers was hot all night, and was the only reason MSU was even in the game at half time. I can't believe we kept giving him good looks :headsmack:

And it wouldn't be the first time a 7 footer went one and done at OSU lol

kdogg

Reaction score
Summers was hot all night, and was the only reason MSU was even in the game at half time. I can't believe we kept giving him good looks :headsmack:

And it wouldn't be the first time a 7 footer went one and done at OSU lol
True lol

Do you guys have any other 7 footers commited in the couple years?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True lol

Do you guys have any other 7 footers commited in the couple years?
I don't think we have any prospects committed this recruiting class because we don't have one senior, and it looks like BJ Mullens will be the only person to leave. But in the 2010 recruiting class, we have 4 of the top 60 prospects already committed. None are 7 feet tall, but they are still far from college so they could grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%