NCAA Basketball Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
#4 baby! I'm stoked for the big game wednesday especially now that CBS televising.

I've been saying since last year that we were a great basketball team but I never thought it'd come to this point. The chemistry of the team is so amazing. I guess I should've seen it coming because they all spend so much damn time together. It always seemed like Kawhi was the only one I'd see alone, not for a bad reason, but he was the one I'd see at the gym during the offseason in a weighted vest doing drills. Hopefully they can pull it out in that crazy BYU arena, keep Jimmer quiet and get the victory. DJ needs to step up again tonight and show he can compete with the best.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I didn't like seeing Notre Dame beat Pitt, and i'm sure not many expected it since Pitt wins 93% of their home games, in the 9 years they have called Petersen Events Center home, but I did/do have a love affair with Tyler Hansbrough, so it's only fair that I develop one on his little bro Ben.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
#4 baby! I'm stoked for the big game wednesday especially now that CBS televising.

I've been saying since last year that we were a great basketball team but I never thought it'd come to this point. The chemistry of the team is so amazing. I guess I should've seen it coming because they all spend so much damn time together. It always seemed like Kawhi was the only one I'd see alone, not for a bad reason, but he was the one I'd see at the gym during the offseason in a weighted vest doing drills. Hopefully they can pull it out in that crazy BYU arena, keep Jimmer quiet and get the victory. DJ needs to step up again tonight and show he can compete with the best.
I would never say SDSU is a great basketball team. To be quite honest, I don't think there is a great team in the country. Duke was with Irving in the lineup but since they've fallen back to the pack. Plus, who has San Diego State beaten? The two best teams from the WCC? I'm not saying they can't win tomorrow but I can't help but thinking this team is overrated.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would never say SDSU is a great basketball team. To be quite honest, I don't think there is a great team in the country. Duke was with Irving in the lineup but since they've fallen back to the pack. Plus, who has San Diego State beaten? The two best teams from the WCC? I'm not saying they can't win tomorrow but I can't help but thinking this team is overrated.
Is a #4 ranking not great for a team that hasn't even won a tournament game in its history? Yeah we probably don't deserve our ranking but we haven't fallen to an easy opponent like most teams do. No big schools wanted to play us for some reason so we're stuck playing in the MWC and WCC. The theory in SD is that teams were scared to lose to us.

Wednesday is the real test, granted BYU might be overrated like us but they still deserve of a ranking and have the best scorer in college basketball right now. Not to mention we're going to their huge, sold out arena.

If you get CBS college sports and are up at 10 ET tomorrow then watch the game and see. It's hard to talk about a team when you haven't seen them.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Aaron Craft is killing it atm, total beast

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Got the W...Selby with 17 tonight.

This one is for you T-Rob. #nodaysoff

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Blow out win over #12 Purdue.. Sullinger showed the range tonight, 2 3's, giving the 24 scouts in the audience a little more of his game lol.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
SDST vs BYU....how many points do you think Jimmer will score?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL yeah right. I'd say at least 23.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah. BYU says a prayer before they start every game. He'll be protected.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Is a #4 ranking not great for a team that hasn't even won a tournament game in its history? Yeah we probably don't deserve our ranking but we haven't fallen to an easy opponent like most teams do. No big schools wanted to play us for some reason so we're stuck playing in the MWC and WCC. The theory in SD is that teams were scared to lose to us.

Wednesday is the real test, granted BYU might be overrated like us but they still deserve of a ranking and have the best scorer in college basketball right now. Not to mention we're going to their huge, sold out arena.

If you get CBS college sports and are up at 10 ET tomorrow then watch the game and see. It's hard to talk about a team when you haven't seen them.
I've seen San Diego State play before though so I don't know why you'd think I haven't. I'm not saying they're not having a great season, but they are NOT a great team. There's a big difference.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LMAO.....Im pretty sure a lot of players say prayers before games and still get hurt.
Well I'm sure each BYU player says a personal prayer before the game, BYU says a team prayer, even the whole audience is expected to participate. They do it out on court over a microphone.

mutigers28

Reaction score
Fuck this... Tony Mitchell is going to North Texas.... kinda expected the NCAA to rule him ineligible but still I'm mad :/

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Harrison Barnes is absolute garbage for 38 minutes of the game. But for the last 2...he's clutch as they come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%