NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You mean the flexing Bass does after every dunk he does? The thing he has done all season? The thing that no other coach or player has complained about until the Hornets felt it was unclassy. So is Dikembe's finger swag "unclassy".

So what did the Mavs do on Friday? Yeah nothing. Byron Scott is a nuthead. The things he were pointing out were things the Mavs do all the time. The JET with his JET motion, the Bass flex after a dunk he always does. But Byron Scott apparently never watches a Mavs game. Maybe Rick Carlisle will talk about how disrespectful the Hornets fans are for standing up at the beginning of the games. You know the rest of the NBA is laughing at Byron Scott's statements, Mavs did nothing on Friday's game except show emotion and did it in a classy way.

But the Hornets, who must have very low self-esteem felt they had to respond to "the thing" the Mavs did on Friday by showing the Mavs up. So not only is Byron Scott dumb and a nuthead, he is now a hypocrite.

If I remember right James Posey was the one trying to act like a punk to Antoine Wright, James Posey was the one who knocked Dirk Nowitzki on the head on purpose. So please tell me, in the last 2 games, how were the Mavs classless?

And the thing about the NBA, it is a grown man's sport, but there is something called the integrity of the game and respect wish the Hornets must not have a lot of. If you're up 28-14 in a football game with :04 seconds to go and it's 1st down at midfield, do you throw a hail mary, score it, and go for 2? Yeah, <Censored> your opponent, have no respect for them. That's basically what the Hornets were doing. But the Mavs didn't need to react, they acted like grown men and just walked off the court without shaking the Hornets hands. You don't have respect for us? Fine, we don't have respect for you.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Hornets are classy? The guys who endorse David West slapping Dirk’s cheek and acting like he's fouled after every basket. Also the same team that allows James Posey to scream the word “<Censored>’’ at opponents and who shuffled their franchise out of Charlotte and whose owner has a bit of a sexual-harassment case going?

VC15

Reaction score
Kidd is a pretty good spot-up shooter, but shooting off the dribble isn't easy for everyone to do.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kobe is a buffoon anyway, not like LeBron made the site campaigning to get the MVP. He'll really really really really really really want a new team once the Lakers lose in the finals for the 2nd straight year ;)

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im wondering why no one ever talks about how Melo can't get out of the first round like they do with T-Mac, his post season record is a dismal 4-20.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How are we beating the Spurs? We need to lose! Hawes and Diogu are dominating down low.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The way I see it, it was two more points for Sual. Period. Looks folks like someone I earlier this is a MANS game...there's no room for crying here...its PLAYOFF time for Pete's sake....ITS GO TIME BABY! Men are seperated from boys in professional basketball in April/May/June! If you can't take the competitive nature from these testosterone filled grown men who happen to be athletes -well; I don't know what to tell you, go home and don't waste your time. Besides, my team and the Mavericks have history...its no freakin' secret..we HATE each other...with a passion and I as a fan should love to humiliate the Mavericks and vise-verse for their fans. It's war time ladies!!!!! Stop whining, stop <Censored>ing, grow a pair!

It's not about respect, you brought up the football game, the Patriots went 16-0 last season and they did that EXACT THING NUMEROUS TIMES!! In two or three games they took Brady out only to put him back in. If the Mavs get a rebound with 20 seconds left, THEY WOULD HAVE DONE THE EXACT SAME THING!!! Either way, you would have two more points on the board because of free throws. You want to talk about classy? The Mavs threw the ball on the court and walked off, didn't even dribble out the clock!! So don't come with this <Censored>, whining like a girl. No team is out there to make friends, it's about winning, PERIOD!! You think the Celtics or the Spurs are looking for respect, buddies? HELL NO!! Again, stop whining. This is a grown mans sport, and if you can't take it go watch chess or checkers.

Why is it ok for Brandon Bass and Jason Terry to run up and down the court making fools of the other team when they are up by 16, 18, 19, or 20 points, but when Rasual Butler puts 2 points on the board, THAT LIKELY WOULD HAVE GONE DOWN ANYWAY, it's classless?

I don't know what more needs to be said, the Mavs are soft. The entire team. From Dirk, to the coach. You want to talk about David tappin Dirk on the cheek? Dirk doesn't have enough pride for himself to be a man and take up for himself. Or here is a idea, maybe Dirk did or said something that made DWest act that way? IMAGINE THAT?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYjjCKeaRg

Again, the Mavs are soft. That is why they will never win anything. That is why they could win any amount of games through the regular season, then collapse in the playoffs. Same goes with the Suns. Teams aren't looking for respect, and if you think so you are lieing to yourself. Look at the past NBA Champs:

Lakers
Lakers
Spurs
Pistons
Spurs
Heat
Spurs
Celtics

Those are some of the nastiest teams in the NBA of their time. You think they were looking for respect? You think they cared if other teams or fans respected them? HELL NO!! I'll say it again, grow a pair and stop whining. It's playoff time, this is where the big boys come out to play, and the girls stay indoors because they are scared.

V23

Team Save Us KB24
Reaction score
Cavs absolutely dominated today, that's what I want to see going in to the postseason.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The way I see it, it was two more points for Sual. Period. Looks folks like someone I earlier this is a MANS game...there's no room for crying here...its PLAYOFF time for Pete's sake....ITS GO TIME BABY! Men are seperated from boys in professional basketball in April/May/June! If you can't take the competitive nature from these testosterone filled grown men who happen to be athletes -well; I don't know what to tell you, go home and don't waste your time. Besides, my team and the Mavericks have history...its no freakin' secret..we HATE each other...with a passion and I as a fan should love to humiliate the Mavericks and vise-verse for their fans. It's war time ladies!!!!! Stop whining, stop <Censored>ing, grow a pair!

It's not about respect, you brought up the football game, the Patriots went 16-0 last season and they did that EXACT THING NUMEROUS TIMES!! In two or three games they took Brady out only to put him back in. If the Mavs get a rebound with 20 seconds left, THEY WOULD HAVE DONE THE EXACT SAME THING!!! Either way, you would have two more points on the board because of free throws. You want to talk about classy? The Mavs threw the ball on the court and walked off, didn't even dribble out the clock!! So don't come with this <Censored>, whining like a girl. No team is out there to make friends, it's about winning, PERIOD!! You think the Celtics or the Spurs are looking for respect, buddies? HELL NO!! Again, stop whining. This is a grown mans sport, and if you can't take it go watch chess or checkers.

Why is it ok for Brandon Bass and Jason Terry to run up and down the court making fools of the other team when they are up by 16, 18, 19, or 20 points, but when Rasual Butler puts 2 points on the board, THAT LIKELY WOULD HAVE GONE DOWN ANYWAY, it's classless?

I don't know what more needs to be said, the Mavs are soft. The entire team. From Dirk, to the coach. You want to talk about David tappin Dirk on the cheek? Dirk doesn't have enough pride for himself to be a man and take up for himself. Or here is a idea, maybe Dirk did or said something that made DWest act that way? IMAGINE THAT?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYjjCKeaRg

Again, the Mavs are soft. That is why they will never win anything. That is why they could win any amount of games through the regular season, then collapse in the playoffs. Same goes with the Suns. Teams aren't looking for respect, and if you think so you are lieing to yourself. Look at the past NBA Champs:

Lakers
Lakers
Spurs
Pistons
Spurs
Heat
Spurs
Celtics

Those are some of the nastiest teams in the NBA of their time. You think they were looking for respect? You think they cared if other teams or fans respected them? HELL NO!! I'll say it again, grow a pair and stop whining. It's playoff time, this is where the big boys come out to play, and the girls stay indoors because they are scared.
lol there are so many things funny about this post. Let me go

1. Brandon Bass and Jason Terry were acting like fools? lol, they were excited because they are on a run, if you've ever watched a basketball game after a basket and a run players get excited and pumped. Same thing. So sorry for the Mavericks for getting pumped, and having emotion in a big game. And sorry, for Jason Terry and Brandon Bass doing the thing they do every game that no team or player has complained about, since the Whorenets thought it was over the top. You know what the Mavs fans and the rest of the NBA did? Laugh at Byron Scott like a fool for being so dumb.

2. Mavericks and Hornets have a history? 1 playoff series? Okay

3. What do Hornets fans know about basketball in June?

4. No, no, the Mavericks would have not done the same thing, they would have dribbled the ball up, and let the time run out like every other team in the NBA does because they respect there opponents. The Spurs do this, the Celtics do this, the Lakers do this, the T-Wolves do this, the Thunder do this, and the Kings do this. It doesn't matter if you're a <Censored>ty team or a top team, you have the same respect level for your opponents and rivals. This was really the first time I've ever seen a team do this. So IDK what basketball you are watching.

5. No, it wouldn't have gone down anyway if they did what every other team does in the NBA and dribble it out. There was 18 seconds on the shot clock, not over 24. So that argument is about as accurate as saying the Mavs were dirty on Friday.

6. Oh, so I get it. The Hornets want to fight? I thought we were here to play basketball. You see, Dirk Nowitzki is one of the most respected people in the NBA. He always says nice things, and is a great guy off the court. David West? His reputation isn't the same. So Dirk didn't need to "answer" because he knew he was much more then important to his team then David West who is a bi-product of Chris Paul.

7. Oh I see calls us out because we've never won anything. What are the Hornets accomplishments? Shut up, you can't go out and call a team that has accomplished more then the Hornets have ever accomplished.

8. The Shaq-Kobe teams were nasty and mean? I thought they were pretty dominant. But I guess Hornets fans are confused. They think in order to win a championship you have to be disrespectful and classless. Last time I checked, all those organizations are very classy. And you don't see them doing anything bush-league like the Hornets did today, and you don't see them trying to start fights.

9. lol, you talk a big game for a fan of the Hornets acting like they have actually won <Censored> before. Where the big boys play and the little girls go home. The Mavs are the big boys, we are the respectful, experienced team while you Hornets I guess can go down as the punkish, 1 pony team. Never thought I'd hear a Hornets fan giving a Mavs fan advice on how to play in the playoffs, we're going in for the 9th straight season....more times then the Hornets have ever been in

V23

Team Save Us KB24
Reaction score
Dwyane Wade went off today, 55 is just stupid.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Michael Finley hit a game winning 3 with 1 second left tonight to prevent an embarrassing loss to the Kings

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dwyane Wade went off today, 55 is just stupid.

I say give him the MVP, just because he has been the best/most exciting player this year.

Bad reasons? maybe

But come one, give it to him...

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Knicks gave up aother 50 point performance?

What's the record for most 50 point games allowed in a season by 1 team

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who's your Haddadi?
oh, Hamed, duh.
he got some minutes vs. the Lakers tonight <3

4 minutes, 2 points, 2 boards, 2 blocks

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You mean the flexing Bass does after every dunk he does? The thing he has done all season? The thing that no other coach or player has complained about until the Hornets felt it was unclassy. So is Dikembe's finger swag "unclassy".

So what did the Mavs do on Friday? Yeah nothing. Byron Scott is a nuthead. The things he were pointing out were things the Mavs do all the time. The JET with his JET motion, the Bass flex after a dunk he always does. But Byron Scott apparently never watches a Mavs game. Maybe Rick Carlisle will talk about how disrespectful the Hornets fans are for standing up at the beginning of the games. You know the rest of the NBA is laughing at Byron Scott's statements, Mavs did nothing on Friday's game except show emotion and did it in a classy way.

But the Hornets, who must have very low self-esteem felt they had to respond to "the thing" the Mavs did on Friday by showing the Mavs up. So not only is Byron Scott dumb and a nuthead, he is now a hypocrite.

If I remember right James Posey was the one trying to act like a punk to Antoine Wright, James Posey was the one who knocked Dirk Nowitzki on the head on purpose. So please tell me, in the last 2 games, how were the Mavs classless?

And the thing about the NBA, it is a grown man's sport, but there is something called the integrity of the game and respect wish the Hornets must not have a lot of. If you're up 28-14 in a football game with :04 seconds to go and it's 1st down at midfield, do you throw a hail mary, score it, and go for 2? Yeah, <Censored> your opponent, have no respect for them. That's basically what the Hornets were doing. But the Mavs didn't need to react, they acted like grown men and just walked off the court without shaking the Hornets hands. You don't have respect for us? Fine, we don't have respect for you.
This post is so ridiculous, one doesn't know where to start. First of all, there was way more than 4 seconds left when Sual was done. Second, the Mavs had already "quit" on the game. That was evidenced by two things. First, letting Sual go all the way down the court and sit there - with no one around him. Second, the Mavs dropped the ball with 3 seconds left and walked off the court, then time expired. They weren't going to shake hands no matter the 'sul dunk. They showed their *** in this loss. It obviously effected them tremendously. It'll be interesting to see how they respond in the final 2 games of the regular season and the playoffs. If i were a Mavs fan, I'd be yelling and screaming for the team to get their head on straight. Any Mavs fan focusing on the Hornets as being classless today doesn't have a clue about team basketball, the stretch run, and getting ready for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%