NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hornets win, and I'm not upset because on Thursday I said, win one or two from New Orleans, and hope the Jazz lose 2 of there final 3. Welp, I got my wish

Mavs- 48-32 (2 games left)
Jazz- 47-33 (2 games left- hold tiebreaker)

So mavs magic number is still 2

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Kidd is trully a horrible 3 point shooter. He's an achilles heel for us. They can double up Dirk everytime and now worry about Kidd coming off a pick and roll.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kidd's an amazing set shooter but he can't do at all what he just did, but setting up he is amazing.

40% from 3's this year

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow that was amazing move by the Mavs

You're gonna be bush league and throw a full court pass for a dunk and showoff like that?

We're not gonna shake hands with you

Great move mavs <3

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I HATE Jason Kidd, hes old, cant shoot for crap when it matters most. Maple pull up a stat about FG% in the 4th.

I would start it like this:

Barea
Terry
Howard
Bass
Dirk

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Barea shoots better but Kidd makes the better decision, is the best set-shooter on the Mavs, and is probably our best defender

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I cant WAIT for Kidd to leave this offseason. His stats are just soooo bloated you can tell.

BTW Bass should get a lot more MPG than 19.3, seriously he has a .493 FG%. Get the guy the ball more.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not angry at the Mavs right now, they played good, they just didn't have an answer for Chris Paul like we never do, and our shots weren't falling when they needed to. They can't win at our place, we can't win at there place, I'm okay with that.

I'm just considering whether if I have any respect for the Hornets anymore, they are pretty classelss bunch

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I am kind of angry cuz back in the day, we used to win those games and find a way to win. Now we just dont and I wish we could.

nuggets here we come....

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Only in that 67 win season have we done that, maybe with Nellie too when we had the 60 win teams but that was a completely different thing because we played Nellie ball where you just throw up <Censored> and it goes in

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Plus we can't get down about this, we've still won 5 of our last 7, and are still playing are best basketball of the year, and plus we have the T-Wolves tomorrow night, you can't be down going in there. Don't sleep on the T-Wolves or Rockets.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
At least we're not the Celtics

after 1

Celtics- 9
Cavs- 31

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
smh, I thought I would get to watch a good game today, turns out I was actually flipping in between the Cavs and Masters because of how big the blow out was. Great win, we're ready to kick ass in the playoffs.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not angry at the Mavs right now, they played good, they just didn't have an answer for Chris Paul like we never do, and our shots weren't falling when they needed to. They can't win at our place, we can't win at there place, I'm okay with that.

I'm just considering whether if I have any respect for the Hornets anymore, they are pretty classelss bunch
Man, come on. The Hornets are one of the most classy teams in the NBA. If the Mavs were upset about what Sual did, well they need to grow a pair. I could careless they didn't shake hands, you saw CP's post game interview. These are grown men. If one little dunk upsets them, what will they do when they are getting blown out by 20 against the Lakers or Nuggets? Or what will you do is the better question? This is a grown man sport, and if something that small upsets you, don't even show up. Do I need to remind you of what the Mavs were doing Friday night? If the Hornets are classless, so are the Mavs. Personally, I find neither one not classy.

Now, for the reason I visited this thread. Remember Bass running up and down the court being "classy" while flexing everytime he scored Friday night?

Look at the expression on Brandons face! :rotfl:

BTW, I do not EVER want to hear a Mav's fan or player call another team or player unclassy, when their owner may be the most classless person in the NBA.

Again, that is something that happens on a nightly basis in the NBA. They are grown men, I'm sure they can take it. In pro sports in general, if that gets you upset you aren't watching the right sports.

Not to mention, this happended with nearly an entire shot clock left in the game. If you want to be angry at anyone, be angry at the Mavs for giving up near the end.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
damn, whats with all this hostility between the mavs and hornots.
wow.

like CP said, it doesnt matter they arent playing each other in the playoffs

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
damn, whats with all this hostility between the mavs and hornots.
wow.

like CP said, it doesnt matter they arent playing each other in the playoffs
It's turned into a rivalry.

I'm just aggrivated, stop whining. It's a grown mans game, I am sure Kidd, Dirk, Howard, Bass, and all the others aren't whining like Maple is. I'm sure they aren't sitting in their lockers crying.

It happens every night in the NBA. If anything, the Mavs shouldn't have quit with 20 seconds left. 10 seconds, I understand.

Get what I'm saying? Move on...

It was an exclamation point. I believe there was more than 24 seconds on the clock when the ball was rebounded, but not absolutely certain. If not, the Hornets could have just run it out. But Posey took it because it was there and it wasn't even close. The Mavs were acting like pissed off babies out there, weren't even going to play it out, and walked off the court anyway. They didn't even dribble the ball out. They dropped it on the floor, walked off and let the clock run the last 3 seconds off. Either way, it doesn't matter. That was a huge game for both teams. The Mavs were surging coming in and we were not. Let's just say they were clearly very disappointed. Mavs fans probably feel about us the way we feel about the Jazz.
The long pass was to clear the ball before a foul could be taken. Rasual actually looked like he wasn't sure what to do, he was so wide open. So he eventually figured, I'll take the points.

As for the Mavs - grow a pair. I've seen them and other teams continue scoring late in games that are put away, including taking 3's with well under a minute left in blowouts. It's happened to us.
Too add to the last quote, if you know alot about basketball you would know EVERY team in the NBA has a man snowbird (usually a guard) to try and prevent a foul late in games.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant has poked some fun at the web site the Cavaliers set up to promote LeBron James as this season's MVP.

The site is called: Lebronisreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallygood.com, with the six "really's" representing his six seasons in the league.

Bryant and James figure to both finish at the top of the voting, but Kobe appears to be focused on other things.

"I really, really, really, really, really, really want that championship," said Bryant.

Via Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%