NBA Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uwp

Reaction score
Mavericks' beat writer Tim MacMahon speculates that Shawn Marion will start at small forward, but split the minutes there with Josh Howard while the Matrix also gets some time at power forward.
Howard will start at shooting guard, but Jason Terry will play major minutes there as the sixth man. The Mavs are loaded and in order to get Terry, Howard, Marion and Nowitzki on the floor at the same time they'll have to give Dirk some minutes at center. The bottom line is Marion is in a better situation than last year, but it's not like his days in Phoenix.
According to Mavericks' beat writer Tim MacMahon, Drew Gooden might play the bulk of the minutes at center.
This is a shot at Erick Dampier more than anything. Gooden would give the Mavs someone that can actually score and knock down a mid-range jumper. He also runs the floor better than Dampier. Even as a starter there's not much upside with Gooden, but he could be useful in deep leagues.
-roto

so the new starting line up would be:

C-Gooden?
PF-Nowitzki
SF-Marion
SG-Howard
PG-Kidd

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
VILNIUS - Lithuanian NBA star Zydrunas Ilgauskas has adopted two orphaned boys in his homeland, the Baltic News Service reported Friday.

BNS said the 34-year-old Cleveland Cavaliers centre and his wife Jennifer had completed adoption procedures and left Lithuania Thursday with the two youngsters.

The boys, aged three and four, had been brought up in an orphanage in Kaunas, Lithuania's second city and Ilgauskas's hometown.

The 2.21-metre (seven-foot three-inch) Ilgauskas, who is nicknamed "Big Z", was the first Lithuanian to play in the NBA finals in 2007.

He joined the Cavaliers as a rookie in 1996, two years after his professional debut for Kaunas's club Atletas.

He enjoys iconic status in Lithuania, a country of 3.3 million where basketball is the top sport -- so much so that it is often nicknamed "the second religion" after Roman Catholicism.

Lithuania are multiple European champions and regular Olympic medalists.

uwp

Reaction score
Great to see Big-Z help some young kids.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Rockets have been in trade discussions with several teams about moving veteran guard Brent Barry, according to several individuals with knowledge of the discussions.

The most serious talks have been with the Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder.

No deal appears imminent, but Barry will likely be traded prior to camp.

Via Houston Chronicle

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Timberwolves are expected to make another trade, perhaps as soon as Wednesday.

Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune writes that Minnesota executive David Kahn will likely deal one of the team's expiring contracts to round out the roster.

The Wolves have a number of players with expiring deals, including Chucky Atkins, Mark Blount, Bobby Brown, Brian Cardinal and Damien Wilkins.

Via Star Tribune

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he deals for another point guard ill seriously lol. I dont even see what he is trying to do anymore.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ramon Sessions will make $3.9 million during the 2010-11 season, which tempted Donnie Walsh to deviate from his cap space strategy.

"Probably for a night, yeah," he said. "But then I thought it out, looked at my numbers and thought, 'No, I don't think we should do this because I don't think this will help us as much as I'd like. It might this year, but in the long run it may not help us as much."

Walsh made it clear to Sessions' agent in August that he would only be able to sign the point guard if he was able to clear another salary for 2010 off his books.

Minnesota ended up signing Sessions to an offer sheet. It is hard to believe the Wolves keep Jonny Flynn, Ricky Rubio and Sessions long-term.

"At some point I'll check with (David Kahn)," Walsh said. "My feeling is he won't trade right away. He'll probably wait a while."

I was upset we didnt get Sessions, but Donnie was right, in the long run it would have shaved money off our CAP, and we need all the incentives possible, if the stars opt out, to sign one.

We still need to make a few trades. how well Jordan Hill plays is almost pivitol. His performance could depend on if we actually try to lock Lee up or let him go and be a pitching point to get a big name.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hawks guard Maurice Evans has bulked up this offseason to prepare to face the league's superstars.

Evans said he weighs 225 pounds, but he is visibly bigger in his upper body.

"I wanted to spend my time strengthening my core, so I could prevent injuries and stay healthy. I haven't had a history of injuries in my career, knock on wood, but I just felt like that was a great place to start for this season," Evans told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"I lifted a lot of weights to build up my endurance so I can be a lot more physical when I'm guarding guys like Dwyane Wade and Kobe Bryant. Those guys don't like to be touched. They'll see the difference and notice it when we're out there on the floor and they can't get their way physically."

Via Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mo Evans is an all-time favorite Laker for me

I miss him too :/

btw, Jordan Farmar changed his number from 5 to 1

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mo Evans is an all-time favorite Laker for me

I miss him too :/

btw, Jordan Farmar changed his number from 5 to 1
Do you know why he changed his number?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Mavericks are openly looking to complete a two-for-one trade before training camp.

Dallas will open training camp on Sept. 28 and dealing a pair of players for just one in return would relieve the team's roster logjam. Nathan Jawai and Shawne Williams are among those being made available, a source told ESPN.

Via ESPN
Dallas is set to retain the services of James Singleton, who is expected to accept their qualifying offer and sign his contract Monday or Tuesday, a pair of NBA sources said.

Singleton had been weighing his options since receiving the Mavericks' qualifying offer, which is for $1.09 million. The league minimum for a player entering his fourth season is $884,000.

Via Star Telegram

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im really missing nba ball. I just check nba.com sometimes and I stay watching youtube highlights. I dont think I've been this excited for a season in a long time.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i was itching last week, but it went away
im not gonna watch any basketball until opening day. no preseason for me this year

i havent been this not caring about the NBA ever :eek:

season is gonna be meh.
Lakers, Spurs, everyone else

Magic, Celtics, Cavs(no particular order), everyone else

playoffs are where its at this year.
but i am looking forward to the little things which is what i love.
how are those bobcats?
how about blake griffin and ej?
how about danger granger, etc.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For some crazy reason Ive become a fan of Gallo this offseason lol

I hope he plays well for us this year. Him a Dub C need to have breakout seasons, I want to see 17 7 and 3 from Chandler and 15 and 5 from Gallo

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i'm diggin gallo too

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm diggin' any Italian in the league.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
JJ Hickson is gonna beast this year

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ive begun to like him cause of his "fiesty" attitude lol

I was watching one of his youtube highlights and he plays with alot of emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%