Nabakov to Detroit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
Are you sure? I'm not saying you are wrong but this is what Bob McKenzie said.

-- If the team that claims and is awarded Nabokov decides to subsequently trade or assign the player, they must:

a) put Nabokov back on waivers again, where any team, including the Detroit Red Wings, could then claim him. Again, priority claim belongs to the team lowest in the standings.
Only if Nabokov clears waivers would the team holding his rights be able to trade him.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Islanders should just give up he aint gonna want to play for their sorry ass team.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've heard Wings get first claim as well but who knows now lol

And, think PTT said it byt, I don't think they're a bad hockey market. Mismanaged, lately, is a better word.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
then how did the sharks get welly?

btw, he didn't want to play there. He didn't want the checking role, he wanted to play here where he had a top 2 line role, scoring goals.
once u claim a player u move into last in the waiver order, so St. Louis must have claimed someone not to long ago, putting San Jose infront of them

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Why would the Isles just put Nabby back on waivers....when they can call Detroit and offer up a minimal trade? I mean shit, even a 7th round draft pick for the guy is better than nothing.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They can't. Nabakov MUST pass through waivers a 2nd time to be traded.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Is all I know is that Jimmy Howard has really been struggling lately, Nabakov would be great, especially for depth at the goalie position behind Jimmy.

LeafsFan4Life

Reaction score
once u claim a player u move into last in the waiver order, so St. Louis must have claimed someone not to long ago, putting San Jose infront of them
The Blues were the team that put Wellwood on waivers so they weren't able to claim him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%