Jordan: 'In My Prime, No Contest' Against Kobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

.loggie

Reaction score
Once again, Kobe was going up against the Lakers defense and had harder odds, Pierce didnt go up against that d
pierce was doing a lot of driving too. IMO it wouldve been a completely different series if Bynum was their. not saying the Celtics would lose just saying itd be different

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Once again, Kobe was going up against the Lakers defense and had harder odds, Pierce didnt go up against that d
I think you mean Celtics defense. ;) Because the Lakers defense was ass.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think that comparing them in their primes wouldn't be right because the league changes over time and defenses have developed since MJs time. I'm not discrediting MJ for anything he did but it would be alot hard to do it to the type of defenses we have to day and players have gotten better defensively since that time. Kobe faces completely diffrent things on the court than MJ faced which is what makes it hard to compare

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Agreed, its always hard to compare players when they play at different times. Its usually not fair.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Also if you want to say that Jordan was a better defender, the hand check rules were different back then and Jordan could keep his hands on the defender in times that Kobe isn't allowed to, so its much harder to compare as Jordan could be much more aggresive

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That argument also proves jordan was abetter scorer becaudse he had to deal with the hand checking.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
That I will give you, at times Jordan definitely coulda been affected by hand checking, don't think it proves hes a better scorer though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%