Drew Brees at airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
On my way back from the airport in New Olreans to Houston today, Drew Brees and his wife were waiting to board the same flight as me. No one was paying any attention, since he was in civilian clothes and no helmet & pads..
but, it's kind of hard not to recognize his birthmark, though.. I took a picture from a distance so not to disturb him. Then I approached him and asked for his autograph.
I told him I didn't want to raise any commotion, so just asked him to sign my boarding pass, which he thanked me and then obliged by signing.

he was really attentive and didn't just sign and then continue his conversation. I thanked him and he said no problem, see you on board and laughed.. he was in first class, so I didn't see him.

but after we landed, I saw him and his wife again at Smoothie King in the terminal and waved as he turned around. he actually waved back..

was really nice to see a pro player be so laid back and nice and not say "I can't sign that cuz it's not in my contract"..

just wanted to share my story with you guys.. I'll post pics of him and the auto a bit later

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Must have been fun...

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NIOCE MAN! And a superstar nonetheless. Man you're lucky. I know you musta felt really weird while talking to him.

.loggie

Reaction score
Man I would never be able to notice him, your so lucky. Although I did meet Vince Carter's mom once at a concession stand in the ACC. I didn't know it was her but somehow my friend did.

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
thats cool j rod your a luckey guy and yeah some thing along the lines of your post happend to me when my uncle was still playing with Detroit i got to talk to R.W. McQuarters like 7 times hes a real cool dude

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn that's pretty sweet. I wish I could actully meet a pro :(

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Lucky, I wish something like that would happen to me :/ Lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My old teacher went to the NFL Allstar game about 3 years ago. And he was in the same hotel as the players(he is vary rich)and I guess he ended up parting with Ray Lewis and some others.

And he went to Vegas a while back and ended up next to Dominque Wilkins, Charles Barkley, And MJ
at a crap table then I guess from what he said Puff Daddy(he said it white as can be)came by and invited them all to a all white party.

He also won a trip to golf with Tiger Woods has pics from it all.

.loggie

Reaction score
My old teacher went to the NFL Allstar game about 3 years ago. And he was in the same hotel as the players(he is vary rich)and I guess he ended up parting with Ray Lewis and some others.

And he went to Vegas a while back and ended up next to Dominque Wilkins, Charles Barkley, And MJ
at a crap table then I guess from what he said Puff Daddy(he said it white as can be)came by and invited them all to a all white party.

He also won a trip to golf with Tiger Woods has pics from it all.
That's just hella lucky.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I stayed at the same hotel as the Cincinnati Bengals a few years back and my friends brother got to smoke some pot with JaRule

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The closest I have been was...

I saw "Bahbby Oah"(Bobby Orr for those of you who don't know the New England accent) and I was next to Rob DiMaio(he was a defense man who played for the Bruins) but too afraid to talk to him.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats awesome man. I saw Brad Miller at the Toys R Us over Christmas break, but I didnt ask for an autograph or anything cuz I didnt want to start any commotion like you said. But thats awesome man. Too bad you didnt have like a football for him to sign though. (I dont know why you would take a football on a aplane anywayz though. lol)

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats awesome Jarrod, I always heard/thought that he would be a pretty cool/nice guy and stuff like that. But anyways thats pretty sweet.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thats awesome man. I saw Brad Miller at the Toys R Us over Christmas break, but I didnt ask for an autograph or anything cuz I didnt want to start any commotion like you said. But thats awesome man. Too bad you didnt have like a football for him to sign though. (I dont know why you would take a football on a aplane anywayz though. lol)
To throw the ol' pigskin around with people. idk lol.

Thats wicked sweet tho. When I met 1/2 Man, Circus, Mr.720, Phamacist, ect. at ball4real the guys all came out and hung out with the crowd during the open run. It was pretty <Censored>ing tits.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have like 3 different Raphael Palmerio autographs. He's son played baseball on my little league team for a year, and he would hit fly balls to all of us in the outfield, it was pretty awesome.

Also Pudge's son, played in the same league, and I met him.

Also I met Nate Newton, when my High School, played Southlake Carrol. (His son goes there)

Also met Drew Bledsoe at a Movie Theatre, Julius Jones at a Buffalo Wild Wings, and Rusty Greer at a Albertsons.

But that sounds pretty sweet, Jarrod

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I used to live with Toby Hall, backup catcher for the White Sox.

vikesfan

Reaction score
I use to always see Pat Williams at a local target store. I just left him alone and let him shop, but ocassionally I would say good luck to you guys and then he would know I knew who he was.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sweetness man.

I've met Kobe before at a Krispy Kreme. But unlike you I started a commotion, I was just a wee lad back then, lady at the counter said, "Hey Kobe", then I turned around, and being the hxc laker fan I am, my cousin and I just yelled "OH SH!T IT'S KOBE!!" Got him to sign a two dollar bill rofl.

Then not too long ago I met Corey Maggette and Sam Cassell at Dave n' Busters. They were bein' mobbed everywhere they went though, with the occasional a-holes givin' jabs like "The Clippers suck!!" except with more profanity.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i remember that Kobe story from the IF days... pretty sweet.

what sux is that I DO have one of those autograph footballs in my car at the airport.. but oh well. still cool to meet him in person - btw, his wife is pretty good lookin', too.

but, I met George Foreman many times in the Best Buy I used to work at. Really humble, nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%