Bynum's Flagrant collapses lung of G-Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum's foul on Charlotte Bobcats forward Gerald Wallace in Tuesday night's game has been upgraded from a Flagrant-1 to the more serious Flagrant-2 violation, the Lakers learned from the NBA on Thursday.

Wallace suffered a cracked rib and partially collapsed lung as a result on the collision. He left Staples Center on a stretcher and was taken to Centinela Hospital. Bynum told the Los Angeles Daily News on Thursday he called Wallace's cell phone and left a message.

"I didn't try to hurt him," Bynum told the Daily News. "His momentum was great, and if you look at the play, once he hit me I kind of spun around because I didn't know he was coming that fast.

"I wish him the best of luck and hope that he recovers."

Bobcats coach Larry Brown said he didn't think Bynum should be suspended.

"That kid waited at our bus, trying to get to Gerald, and he apologized to me,'' Brown told the Charlotte Observer. "If he had a history of that [rough play], I might feel different, but I just think it was a hard foul."
glad to see he showed some sign of remorse.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is why i love Larry Brown.
Bynum basically summed up everything too. just an accident. glad he apologized. Bynum is a classy dude. He would never hurt anyone like that
he's not getting suspended either

The NBA decided Thursday to upgrade the flagrant foul called on Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum in Tuesday's loss to the Charlotte Bobcats to a flagrant foul 2, which draws an automatic fine but no suspension.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats weak Yanks. your better than that

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What? I'm not saying he got what he deserved that way...

I'm just saying that this is proof of what my dad once said:

Everything evens out on the field.

Bynum unintentionally hurt Wallace - and then it got "paid back" by Kobe, unintentionally.

I'm a skeptical believer in God, but this is truly a phenomenon. <Censored> likes this always happens.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this freaks me out, and I do believe in God.

January 13, 2008. Bynum injures left knee in L.A. against Memphis
January 31, 2009. Bynum injures right knee in Memphis against the Griz

everything is flipped. pretty freaky

corey

Reaction score
The NBA couldn't suspend him because the broken rib could've been from the impact of Bynum of hitting the floor...

Bynum just looked tired and got lazy didn't move his feet. Larry noticed that too.

People forget how good of a coach Larry his. He's known for his match-ups. Phil isn't... Brown has that team playing pretty good, for being so young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%