Amare For Jefferson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
An NBA executive told the Boston Globe that the Timberwolves and Suns are working on a trade that would send Al Jefferson and the Wolves' sixth draft pick to Phoenix in exchange for Amare Stoudemire.

David Kahn is looking to make dramatic changes after recently being hired in Minnesota.
I'd imagine Amare wouldn't be happy with this deal, right? I really don't know why he would enjoy a trade to Minnesota.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True, but let's be realistic. Who goes to Minnesota if they do offer some FA's big money? With other teams out there with just as much.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nobody which is why its stupid. Al is just as effective as amare. And you trade away the 6th pick as well which they could use to snag a guy like tyreke evans or demar derozan. It just doesnt make sense. I believe Al is on a more favorable deal which has 4 years on it. This is dumb on so many levels.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You could even argue that Al is better than Amare.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd argue that Al Jeff is better then Amare, not to mention he is already locked up long term. This has got to be a BS report. Wolves would have be plain dumb to take this.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Only reason I can see the wolves doing this is if they dont think al will be the same after tearing his acl.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I kind of want this deal to go down though. Jefferson deserves to play for a bigger market than the T-Wolves. Perhaps he won't get snubbed for the ASG..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont know what to think of this

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wolves aren't that retarded. Are they?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol, this isn't that fake. I heard this already, well I heard that Kerr has talked with Minni about this.
Amare will be there for 1 year and doesn't even make them better after this, no way Amare stays and no way Minni gets better.

And Al>Amare, and Al would be in a bigger market but he'd still need a bigger market to get more well known.

I fucking love Al Jeff though.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Wolves new GM said he wants to make some noise lol. I forgot to add that...

This is making noise, and it would make him look dumb.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Wolves new GM said he wants to make some noise lol. I forgot to add that...

This is making noise, and it would make him look dumb.
Would the new Wolves GM happen to be Brick Tamland?

LOUD NOISES

If you can show me a link to where he said he wants to make some noise,Id appreciate it (blog material right here)

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
About Al being better than Amare, that is being judged on what Al has done on a bull<Censored> team where he is absolutely the #1 option every single time down the court. Amare puts up his numbers and is effective and he has been at times the 3rd or even 4th option on the Suns, who knows what he can do when he's the one everyone is looking to

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont think there is a team that will trade for Stat unless they get him to sign an extension, so if it happens, Im sure an extension is in the near future.

As for the deal, a straight up AlJef for Stat deal seems reasonable but adding the pick would just be retarded.

As for Jefferson being better I agee with what Nets said, Jefferson is the Wolves first option and they dont have many others, while Stat spent most of this season 2nd fiddle to Shaq, its a big difference when the offense is ran through you.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But Jefferson is a better rebounder and a better defender.

Not all about the points.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jefferson is a better rebounder, but Stoudemire has a better all around game with his midrange shot, and Idk about defender niether are great defenders.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know. I guess you can make the argument that he is the #1 option so that's why he scores so much.

But this isn't a sim league. You need the talent still to put the ball through the rim. I mean the guy looks straight up dominate at time, and other great players in the West at his position can't contain him.

I don't think his PPG will go down that much in Phoenix, especially with a playmaker like Nashty.
Therefore I don't think his numbers are inflated.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If your the main focus of your teams offense, then 60-80% of the time the play coming down the court will be for you.

Every player in the NBA is there for a reason, Al Jef is a special talent, but if you put Stoudemire in his position he'd be doing the same thing, hell he averaged 25 and 9 a game last year and wasnt the main focus like Jefferson is in Minny.

I think both are great talents but Id give Stoudemire the edge because he has many weapons in his game. I know its not all about offense, but their so similar to eachother in evry other aspect except for Jefferson is a more agressive rebounder. So it comes down to offense and Stat is more complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%