Amare For Jefferson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love stat but if I'm playing seriously I want Al jeff over him. Amare is allergic to defense and isnt that good of a rebounder as he should be.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jefferson is more of a help defender if anything, he's not a great man on man defender, dont let the stats lie to you.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think Amare is that much more complete if he even is. Jefferson does have the ability to hit the mid-range jumper. As well as a pretty nice hook shot.

Plus I don't think Al is close to his peak either, while Amare is pretty much as good as he will ever be right now. Which makes Al more valuable to me.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Amare's range is alot longer then Jefferson's, and if Al has the hook, then Stoudemire's ability to dunk on just about anyone should be considered too.

As for potentials, I could agree with you there, but Amare revamped his game after his injury so theres really no telling if he's done yet.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dez that helpside D by Al is what a lot of teams lack, and stop trying to make Amare sound better.. Amare has some nice dunks and Al don't do that but Amare is not better then Al. Amare and Al are close and in two years Al will be waay better.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He wont be way better now. Amare and him are in the same ball park and before the injury to amare it wasnt even a comp. Al's ceiling isnt that higher and it isnt higher than amare's.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im making him sound better because he is, it just depends on what you'd prefer a traditional bigman or a new age one.

Id rather Stat, I think he's a better player. Stat blocks just as many shots and they are equal skill wise.

I do think Jefferson will be the better player when its all said and done, but as for right now Stoudemire is better

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd rather have the old age one. You don't really see teams with the new age one winning titles.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Lakers just did it lol and the Celtics did it last year

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't know, I guess it depends what you consider new age.

I think of Dirk and Sheed when I think new age, guys with 3 point range. Pau and KG mainly stick to mid range, which both Amare and Al do.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like back to the basket hook shooing big men, but I also like back to the basket spin move slam big men aswell. But in this case I'll take Al.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
About Al being better than Amare, that is being judged on what Al has done on a bull<Censored> team where he is absolutely the #1 option every single time down the court. Amare puts up his numbers and is effective and he has been at times the 3rd or even 4th option on the Suns, who knows what he can do when he's the one everyone is looking to
Amare has proved he can put up points in a run n gun system. Amare is an athletic big who has a respectable jumper. Al Jeff lives inside the paint and probably has the best post moves and inside scoring ability for any big in the league and he has no protection around him to stop double teams. Neither are that talented defensively.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A source confirmed to the Boston Globe on Thursday that the Timberwolves will not trade Al Jefferson to the Suns.

There were rumors late Wednesday of a deal that would send Jefferson and the sixth overall pick to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire.

One source acknowledged that the two teams discussed a trade, but another said that the Suns quickly turned down the swap.

Minnesota general manager David Kahn has even called Jefferson to tell him that a trade will not occur, according to one of the sources.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Suns turned it down?

Its official, Steve Kerr needs to be stripped of his GM duties.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No way Kerr turned that down lol, that part has to be false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%