49er's interested in Vick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pro Football Talk - A handful of teams have come out and said that they aren't interested in quarterback Michael Vick, but the 49ers refuse to reveal their position.

"I'm not going to say I'm open or closed," said coach Mike Singletary. "I'd say it has to be something [General Manager] Scot [McCloughan] and I talk about and feel good about one way or the other. But we have not talked about it at this point in great detail. We"re trying to focus on what we have."

San Francisco president Jed York has said that Vick is someone that they'll talk about.

"We'd talk about it," York said. "If they felt it was right for the team, and convince me and my parents . . . it's up to them to show that somebody who's had issues in the past can be a part of this team. But that's not something we've discussed, and I doubt that would happen."

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
As much as I hate what Vick did, why are teams turning him down? When it comes down to sports, it's all business, and usually you leave the personal stuff behind. However in San Francisco's case, I doubt they'll pick him up seeing that they haven't made a decision yet.

Chiefwahoo

Reaction score
As much as I hate what Vick did, why are teams turning him down? When it comes down to sports, it's all business, and usually you leave the personal stuff behind. However in San Francisco's case, I doubt they'll pick him up seeing that they haven't made a decision yet.
cause he sux.

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
That's not true Wahoo... He has an arm, he has the speed to scramble away from a sack... He has accuracy... Pretty much the total package.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I am suprised that noone has picked up Vick yet. Like what was said before, business and personal matters should be seperated, and a smart business choice would be to add Vick to your roster if your in need.

eLeMeNOhPe

Reaction score
I am suprised that noone has picked up Vick yet. Like what was said before, business and personal matters should be seperated, and a smart business choice would be to add Vick to your roster if your in need.
Because no one knows if he is going to be suspended longer or not AFTER he is out. Until then, no one will take him.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I never really thought Vick was great but definitely better than what SanFran has..

dlc7619

Reaction score
why should teams pick him up is the Question? The commisioner has to keep the image of the NFL looking good so Vick should never be back in the NFL. Or it could be called the criminal league. Vick lied to the commissioner face at the draft when asked about the dog fighting, should never be back!

dlc7619

Reaction score
That would be true but the fans pay the salary. Fans could stay away, we are talking about california now.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL San Fran is like the biggest animal loving city

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
If they start winning some more games I'm sure those fans won't care who is on their team lol.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
why should teams pick him up is the Question? The commisioner has to keep the image of the NFL looking good so Vick should never be back in the NFL. Or it could be called the criminal league. Vick lied to the commissioner face at the draft when asked about the dog fighting, should never be back!
Who the hell hasn't lied? lol

Should the MLB be called the Cheaters league aswell?

TTN2810

Reaction score
Vick does suck. He's always overthrowing guys or is throwing it too hard so it's uncatchable. The most td's he has had in one year is 20. The rest of his years were all like 14-16. He cant pass. Not only can he not pass, but he was the most sacked QB in the NFL when he played. Sure there is one or two times he will escape, but he gets sacked more than he escapes. Not to mention him not playing football for 2 years. I would not sign him. He is a piece of crap.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd like to see it. I'd be ok as long as Smith is a backup or something

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Vick does suck. He's always overthrowing guys or is throwing it too hard so it's uncatchable. The most td's he has had in one year is 20. The rest of his years were all like 14-16. He cant pass. Not only can he not pass, but he was the most sacked QB in the NFL when he played. Sure there is one or two times he will escape, but he gets sacked more than he escapes. Not to mention him not playing football for 2 years. I would not sign him. He is a piece of crap.
Who isn't sacked more times then they escape?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know what you mean, but is it fair to only attack Michael Vick?
He's not...again, if i'm not mistaken, his comment was solely directed at yours saying "he has the speed to scramble."

lonesomefx

The Loud Mouth Pacer
Reaction score
Ah, now I get your point it all makes sense now... lulz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%