2012 NFL Gameday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
How am I on the Atlanta bandwagon? I've been bashing them for weeks now, ask Devon.

RGIII is a mobile QB. He has a great arm, but he is not a pocket passer. By Griffin being forced to be what he's not, it made him almost ineffective as a QB. Yet it wasn't until the 4th quarter that Seattle retook the lead.

If you don't think Matt Ryan, who statistically was Top 5 this year, can't pass the ball well on this defense, your crazy. He has Roddy, Julio, and Gonzo in the passing game, and if the Seahawks don't play in base, Michael Turner can still run all over them

I'm not hopping on the Seahawks bandwagon when they barely beat the beat up Redskins

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How am I on the Atlanta bandwagon? I've been bashing them for weeks now, ask Devon.

RGIII is a mobile QB. He has a great arm, but he is not a pocket passer. By Griffin being forced to be what he's not, it made him almost ineffective as a QB. Yet it wasn't until the 4th quarter that Seattle retook the lead.

If you don't think Matt Ryan, who statistically was Top 5 this year, can't pass the ball well on this defense, your crazy. He has Roddy, Julio, and Gonzo in the passing game, and if the Seahawks don't play in base, Michael Turner can still run all over them

I'm not hopping on the Seahawks bandwagon when they barely beat the beat up Redskins
*DAE-VON THA BLAXBOI

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson proved you can recover in a couple of days from that kind of injury

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
could you really walk as normally as he did yesterday if that were true?

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
depends on the level of the tears. with that much damage done tho, id say no. i dislocated my knee, tore my acl, and sprained my pcl and i walked into the hospital the next day after my knee stared to just flap around lol

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
That probably had something to do with the layoff. He'll more than likely be better next weekend. Toughest venues or not, the Falcons had a cake schedule and struggled to beat some less than impressive teams (Oakland, anybody?). They are not Super Bowl contenders, IMO, but I'll eat my words if they prove me wrong.

Unless Atlanta's defense is finally playoff caliber, I'm hesitant to even consider their bandwagon.
Browner doesn't scare me at all really. I'd love for him to matchup against Julio, considering how he matched up well last year we played SEA (Julio averaged 11.5 yards per catch)
I still don't take the "cake schedule" bullshit. For all the hype the Broncos get, they've played practically the same teams in their win streak as we have throughout the season, and pointing out one close game against a mediocre opponent isn't a reason to doubt the team (any given sunday, as they say). Have you seen the games the Manning bros and Brees have had against us?

No, you're far from being an Atlanta bandwagon, and yes, Ryan will pass the ball successfully against Seattle, as he is on his own hot streak (only 1 interception in the last 5 weeks). For one, Turner has been a drag for the majority of the season, but you'd be stupid to doubt the Falcons run game in general. There are still sparks of the 2008 Turner that could break 20+ yard runs in an instant, and that boy Jacquizz is not to be overlooked to say the least.
I'm expecting Gonzalez to be a huge factor against the Seahawks' linebacking core, and hoping to see more Jacquizz Rodgers (can be a serious threat in the backfield if our shitty run Oline actually steps up).

I highly doubt Russell Wilson shreds our much improved secondary. We have arguably the best safety tandem in the league in terms of big plays given up and turnovers, and Asante is far from washed up. A healthier Abraham would be a huge benefit to our pass rush, but I'm sure he'll still cause havok in the backfield. The one thing I will say, we, as a defensive unit, have GOT to stop our shitty tackling and learn to effectively wrap up and bring down a runner. That launching at the upper torso bullshit is simply not gonna work against guys like Marshawn Lynch.

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Browner doesn't scare me at all really. I'd love for him to matchup against Julio, considering how he matched up well last year we played SEA (Julio averaged 11.5 yards per catch)
I still don't take the "cake schedule" bullshit. For all the hype the Broncos get, they've played practically the same teams in their win streak as we have throughout the season, and pointing out one close game against a mediocre opponent isn't a reason to doubt the team (any given sunday, as they say). Have you seen the games the Manning bros and Brees have had against us?
Ending Breesus' touchdown streak was pretty damn impressive. I'll say that. Oh, and I think the Broncos are too hyped, as well. I think Baltimore goes in next weekend and wins, much like they did to Tennessee as a 1 seed a few years back. I don't buy Atlanta or Denver.

I've got nothing against the Falcons, by the way. They just don't impress me, though they seem to rack up regular season wins. To me, they always look extremely fragile.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember years and years ago when Deuce McAllister tore his ACL the first time he walked off the field like nothing even happened.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think him walking on it meant anything. I got my hopes up after seeing Rose walk off the court under his own power, only to find out that it was an ACL. (though, he was limping pretty badly)

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't remember how badly he was limping but Brady walked off the field in 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%