Callaspo
Wells
Ianetta
Aybar

but the rotation is nice. bullpen is decent, but walden sucks

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They need bullpen help, Indians need a 1st baseman.

Indians have tons of MLB ready bullpen arms, all young, Angels have Morales. If his injury isn't career ending, we have a match.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
the angels lineup is still meh

Bourjos
Kendrick
Pujols
Hunter
Trumbo
Callaspo
Wells
Ianetta
Aybar

but the rotation is nice. bullpen is decent, but walden sucks
Walden sucks? lol

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
his fastball is straight as an arrow

he throws it too much
if he had better secondary stuff, he's really really good

once teams figured him out though, he struggled

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cubs traded Tyler Colvin and D.J. LeMahieu for Ian Stewart and some bum relief pitcher.

Can't say I'm a fan of trading LeMahieu, but maybe Stewart gives that 40+ HR for the Cubs like he did in the sim league? LOL

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7335303/source-matt-moore-tampa-bay-rays-reach-five-year-14-million-deal
The Tampa Bay Rays have reached agreement with rookie pitcher Matt Moore on a guaranteed five-year, $14 million contract, according to a baseball source.

The deal includes multiple club options and could extend to eight years for a guaranteed $37.5 million and buy out two years of Moore's free agency, the source said. It includes escalator clauses based on innings pitched and games started that could raise the overall value to $40 million.

The Rays plan to announce the contract at a news conference Friday afternoon, sources said.

Moore, a 23-year-old left-hander, has emerged as one of the elite young prospects in baseball. He went 12-3 with a 1.92 ERA in 27 starts for Double-A Montgomery and Triple-A Durham this season, striking out 210 batters and walking only 46 in 155 innings. Late in the minor league season, ESPN's Keith Law ranked Moore as the No. 2 prospect in the game behind Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper.

Moore was dazzling in a September callup to Tampa. He struck out 11 New York Yankees in a five-inning start, and allowed only one run over 10 innings in two appearances against Texas in the American League Division Series.

Moore's deal continues a long-term pattern for the Tampa Bay organization, which has long taken an aggressive posture in trying to lock up players with little or no service time. The Rays have done similar contracts with outfielders Rocco Baldelli and Carl Crawford, pitchers James Shields and Wade Davis and third baseman Evan Longoria since 2005.

The Rays expect Moore to join David Price, Shields and AL Rookie of the Year Jeremy Hellickson in one of of baseball's best rotations in 2012. Davis and Jeff Niemann are also in the mix, but have been mentioned in speculation as potential trade chips for Tampa Bay.

Moore's contract is the biggest ever in guaranteed dollars and potential earnings for a pitcher with less than two years of service time. It surpasses previous deals for Shields, Davis and Oakland's Brett Anderson, who all had one year of service time when they signed their contracts.
Good deal.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Getting Dotel is something. More than what we had, but there's more off-season to go to make moves.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We traded Perry for Collin Balester from the Nationals.

Love it, couldn't stand Perry for much longer.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Balester ain't that good either lol.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know lol. But I can't stand Perry at all.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Manny officially reinstated today.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can Josh Willingham play first base?

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's only played 3 games there in his career so can he? I guess. Would he be good is another question.

Do you guys need an outfielder?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brantley/Sizemore/Choo are all slated to start, we have no first baseman and apparently the Indians are one of the front runners for Willingham. I could see Brantley being moved to the bench, but then we just spent money on Willingham, with a low budget and still need a first baseman.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My best guess would be not very good. He's young, but kinda fell off at the end of last year.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What about deal with Texas involving Moreland? Texas wants Gonzalez and I read Oakland was looking OF prospects for him so there could be a match.

Not sure what else it'd take in either deal but it's a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%