2009 NBA Finals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would have went with lewis too. Me and maple were talking on aim when the play was going on and we both agreed we would have went with lewis instead of lee.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont care what anyone says or what any other sites say, it wasn't an easy shot. Yeah it was close, but considering he had to catch it, shoot it over Gasol, was very close to the backboard, had to contort his body and had to think about the clock, all that created pressure meaning itwas a very difficult shot.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The reason they went with Lee because he is quicker and more athletic, and that's exactly what they needed in that situation. If Lewis went around that screen he would have been picked up because he isn't as quick as Lee.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hedo was inbounding and Odom was guarding him so lets take them out of the equation.

Kobe was on Lewis, switched onto Lee. Lewis gave the screen to Lee.

Lets sub in Howard for lewis to give the screen, and Lewis to be the shooting player.

Gasol was on Howard, and either Ariza or Kobe would have been on Lewis.

It would have led to either Ariza or Kobe staying with Lewis, or Gasol switching onto him. If Howard screens well enough, Ariza or Kobe are left behind and Lewis is relatively open. If Gasol switches, Lewis should be fast enough and athletic enough to get it off over Gasol.

Bad management in my eyes.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well as you could see Pau got there to alter the shot a little bit.. If Lewis is going on the screen Pau is already there in front of Lewis. Plus he would be more heavily watched since he torched the Lakers all day. I thought it was a great play call, no one expected Lee to get the ball, they got a good look for only having .6 left on the clock.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah there is no doubt that it was a good play, and the bounce of the ball on the rim could have been the difference. I just dont thinnk they optimised their chances. But hey, I guess you take whatever you can take in that situation. Cant lose in 0.6 seconds.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The only lob I expected was one to Dwight but after he got one against the Spurs to win, I really don't expect him to ever get one again. I was kind of shocked to see Hedo throwing the ball in, you would think they would want to give him a chance to end it but they needed to at least get it in over Odom I suppose.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lee was a fine person to take the shot
element of surprise. If it wasnt Dwight, it's Hedo(he was inbounding so X him out), if it isnt Hedo it's Rashard. If it isnt Rashard it's Redick because he can catch and shoot.
If Lee was to get the ball, who really thought it would be via lob?

he just missed it.

V23

Team Save Us KB24
Reaction score
Kobe. Damn. Are you kidding me?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think he's on SI, so I don't think he'll answer your question

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Lakers up for now, but wont be at the end. Magic, you cant let this happen in your town!

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
The Magic are shooting 20-21 for 2 pt. Field Goals and they are only up 1 point, that is the most ridiculous stat I've ever seen

Lake Louise

Reaction score
That is ridiculous, but it`s that very stat that has put them up by 1 point. They were down a bit, but now are up, for the time being.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
By the way everyone makes it seem like just because this game is in Orlando the magic are supposed t win, don't realize how absoloutely facused the lakers are

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alston getting hot is good for one quarter, but it hurts your team once he starts putting up everything the rest of the game.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
By the way everyone makes it seem like just because this game is in Orlando the magic are supposed t win, don't realize how absoloutely facused the lakers are
It`s not that their supposed to win, it`s a must win.

Magic up 59-54.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
There you go Magic. Keep it a 3-point lead, than slowly increase it.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
There we go. Magic up 73-67. Little bit of breathing room, but not nearly enough.

EDIT: 73-69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%