2009 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would even take Magglio or Guillen. Both wouldn't be much of a help.
Bonderman is a dud too.

But yes, we do need to make some sort of move. We don't really NEED anything but we could use an upgrade somewhere, like another bat, bullpen depth, or another rotation pitcher.

Ultimately, I doubt we do anything.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I doubt we do anything, I know moving Maggs and Carlos would be close to impossible but like I said we need to try. I'd rather get help in the out field and with a bat then pitching as I think Bondo in the bullpen could be good for us.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Though the Tigers adding Adam Dunn to their line-up or Bronson Arroyo to their rotation would really strengthen their team, realistically, acquiring Mike Jacobs wouldn't be too costly of a move & could be a great roleplayer late into the season.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Though the Tigers adding Adam Dunn to their line-up or Bronson Arroyo to their rotation would really strengthen their team, realistically, acquiring Mike Jacobs wouldn't be too costly of a move & could be a great roleplayer late into the season.
I would love Dunn or Arroyo.
Jacobs would be nice too.
I've also heard Josh Willingham I believe.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd love any of them.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Casey Blake!
walk-off single in the 9th!!!!

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Papi and Rochy homered and Lester was great..hopefully getting out of our slump

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
will LaRoche be a full time player?

he's better than a bench player

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh yeah Baggs
remember all the Nomar names we were giving out a few weeks back?

did you ever hear Nosemar?
lmao

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chris Giminez robbed a homer today in right field, he was our Triple A catcher to start the year lol. Also hit a homer. He plays all over the place though, catcher, first, 3rd, LF, RF.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
The Phillies offense is just plain scary when they are on. Caught the game yesterday...every spot but #9 hit safely in their line-up.
Thats why I said they have the best lineup in the league, lol.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really wonder why didn't the Giants just call up a guy like Nick Pereira, Clayton Tanner (beast), Ben Snyder, or even just use Merkin Valdez as the #5 starter instead of Ryan Sadowski. He had 2 good starts and they think he's got stuff. He's a natural reliever and I think it should stay that way because he didn't look like he should be in the rotation when they were here in Atlanta.

VC15

Reaction score
Hopefully Mitre can continue to pitch solidly to preserve this lead. I'll take 9-1 in the last 10 games anytime.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Indians are facing ANOTHER lefty, 8th straight time against one, and it's about to be 9 tomorrow when we face the Angels (Joe Saunders). Lee looking for his 3rd straight complete game.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Grady Sizemore leads off the game with a homer.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh. Crappy Schmidt's pitching, Manny & Blake are taking their off days. Costly error, 4-0 Marlins. Time to get away, off to the airport I go.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Mets win 8-3. Nice pitching by Livan and great hitting by Francouer and Wright. Damn that Francouer trade is really paying off right now. Win the series and now we go back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%