2009 Free-Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I doubt it happens. But Bass is better than Maxiell IMO.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lee is asking for too much, 12 mil?

10 mil is already alot, our offer 0f 8 mil is deserved, I think we're playing this right, we have other teams shaky about offering him, b/c they dont know what we'll do.

On the other hand, Lee may not like the fact we do have money to sign him but are holding out.

We'll see what happens...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Trade Rip Hamilton for David Lee, that way Dumars can finally run and gun ;)

LOL, 12mill is waaaaay too much for him.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If anybody pays David Lee 12 mill a year they deserve to be fired.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he wanted to be in NY as bad as he said he does he would have accepted that 8mil offer.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Mavericks are close to landing Shawn Marion in a sign-and-trade with the Raptors, according to league sources.

According to Yahoo! Sports, Dallas will ship Jerry Stackhouse to Toronto, who will trade his contract elsewhere for considerations.

Via Yahoo! Sports

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Hmmm. I wonder what will happen with him then.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Antonio McDyess will sign a two-year deal with the Spurs, sources told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday afternoon.

The deal will be for the midlevel exception, approximately $11.7 million over the next two seasons.

McDyess was deciding between the Cavaliers, Pistons and Spurs.
Good move for the Spurs, better option alongside Duncan then anyone else they have.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Bulls and guard Jannero Pargo agreed to a contract on Wednesday.

“He loved his time with the Bulls here earlier,” agent Mark Bartelstein said. “He grew up [in Chicago]. Just the opportunity to come back was very appealing to him.”

The contract is a one-year deal for $2 million, which is approximately the amount of money the Bulls had to work with under the luxury-tax threshold.
I think The Hornets still have his rights though, so couldnt they match it? I dont see the point in the signing since they have Rose and Hinrich.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True

Im just wondering where he'd fit in now. I know their looking to move Hinrich, if they do, then it makes perfect sense.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hasn't Kirk Hinrich been saying how he is going to be traded to Portland? If that is true they're going to need a back up PG.

SaintFan25

#JK25
Reaction score
Hasn't Kirk Hinrich been saying how he is going to be traded to Portland? If that is true they're going to need a back up PG.
I haven't heard anything about Hinrich to Portland for a while except for fans saying they'd want him.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cavaliers are on the verge of making their first free agent signing of the summer.

According to a league source, the team has agreed to the structure of a contract with veteran guard Anthony Parker. The deal is not finalized, but is expected to be completed in the next several days.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cleveland Cavaliers close to contract agreement with Toronto free-agent guard Anthony Parker

From cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cavaliers are on the verge of making their first free agent signing of the summer.

According to a league source, the team has agreed to the structure of a contract with veteran guard Anthony Parker. The deal is not finalized, but is expected to be completed in the next several days.

Parker, 34, played for the Toronto Raptors for the last three seasons after starring in Europe. The 6-6 wing averaged 10.7 points, 4.0 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game while shooting 43 percent from the floor and 39 percent from 3-point range.

He fills a major need the Cavs have for a tall wing player and was one of the team's top off-season targets at the position. They have been in talks with him since the first day of free agency. They talked to the Raptors about a sign-and-trade, but when Toronto decided to sign Hedo Turkoglu the Cavs moved on to deal with Parker directly.

Parker is an athletic player who is effective at creating his own shot, which he did often in Europe when he became the Euroleague's Most Valuable Player, and as a spot-up shooter. He has also been an effective defensive player guarding tall wing players, which is what the Cavs most need.

Over the last three seasons he's started 226 of 235 games, but may come off the bench for the Cavs behind Delonte West.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm really happy for McDyess. Congrats to him.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think The Hornets still have his rights though, so couldnt they match it? I dont see the point in the signing since they have Rose and Hinrich.
with no Gordon, they want to continue going with a small 2 guard i guess

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley wants to meet with Allen Iverson and is seriously considering a one-year, $5 million offer, according to team insiders.

The Memphis front office is split on whether or not signing Iverson would be a wise move. The final decision will rest with Heisley.

The Grizzlies would make clear to Iverson that he would be sent home or banished for any perceived act of insubordination.
The most exciting yet "ballhogging?" team yet.

I remember hearing AI was a bad influence on Melo and JR in Denver, with all the partying. So I could only imagine the same with Gay, Mayo and the rest of their young talent.

I like AI though, and hope it works out.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They would have the least ball movement in the league...but i'd love to see AI and Juice and Rudy and Z-bo on the same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%