2008 Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
INT damn. This game is over. Eli just didnt make the plays that we needed. We made costly penalties. The play calling was fine by Gilbride. We just didnt make the little plays as well. The 4th and 1. Then the 4th and 2. We didnt get as much pressure on the QB in the 2nd half. And finally, Plax was very sorely missed. If Plax doesnt come back we need to address that and get a big time WR like TJ Houshmanzadah. Also would be nice to get a more mobile LB that can handle RB's coming out on the flats.

Good game by the Eagles. They stopped our rushing game well enough and Eli didnt make the plays. As for the Eagles being last years Giants or the Ravens. There is only one team that can claim that. There is really no comparison what the Giants did. We beat America's team in the Cowboys, we played in the 2nd coldest game against one of the greatest QB's ever and won, and finally we beat one of the greatest team's of all-time against the greatest QB of all-time imo. Great job by the Eagles and they stopped our passing attack tremendously and scored the critical TD's.

X-Factor

LOST>ALL
Reaction score
So this is how our season ends?

<Censored> PHILLY!!!!

They F'd up the Mets, now the Giants.............

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and the defending Champs are HISTORY.... McNabb proves it was no fluke in week 17

VC15

Reaction score
Frontpage Stardom said:
The play calling was fine by Gilbride.
Passing three times in a row when all you need is 5 yards for a first down is fine play calling? That is horrendous. A QB sneak on 4th and 2 when you have a 6'4 265 pound RB who played like a beast all day? But I do agree that no team can ever compare to the run the 2007 Giants had last year in the playoffs.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Now we just need the Chargers to beat the Steelers and we have an all underdog final 4

VC15

Reaction score
I refuse to watch the NFC Championship Game and root for an NFC team.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
holy <Censored> -- is that VC15???

too bad your return was with the Manning playing like crap

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Passing three times in a row when all you need is 5 yards for a first down is fine play calling? That is horrendous. A QB sneak on 4th and 2 when you have a 6'4 265 pound RB who played like a beast all day? But I do agree that no team can ever compare to the run the 2007 Giants had last year in the playoffs.
That is the only play I can fault him for. The QB sneak was 4th and inches. The 4th and 2 did get Jacobs the ball and they just didnt get it. Gilbride had a good mix of runs and passes. Im a little shocked that we couldnt get Bradshaw involved, maybe a play or 2. I wouldve liked that we wouldve ran more, but we had to make plays and we didnt.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Giants Offense was way too predictable. Welcome to my world Giant fans. Philadelphia knew when you were going to run and they knew how to stop it. Really goes to show how important Plaxico is to that offense.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think the Ravens and the Eagles make it to the Super Bowl now. Man that Ravens team looks very nice.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I remember all the Gaints fans were saying I and several other people were nuts because we didn't think they were going to win the superbowl and let alone a lot of us predicted the Eagles to win today - well it happened and the underdog won again.

I hope it's Ravens vs. Eagles for superbowl.

BTW the Chargers are also the big underdogs... Lets go beat the Steelers.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I remember all the Gaints fans were saying I and several other people were nuts because we didn't think they were going to win the superbowl and let alone a lot of us predicted the Eagles to win today - well it happened and the underdog won again.

I hope it's Ravens vs. Eagles for superbowl.

BTW the Chargers are also the big underdogs... Lets go beat the Steelers.
I didnt say that stuff.... and Im a Giants fan. Damn nice TD by the Chargers, they just went after the Steelers early, I hope the Chargers win so I dont feel as bad today, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%