2008 Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I`m happy for Dawkins too. He is one of my favorite defenders in the NFL, favorite safety(Ed Reed a close second), and I have always loved his energy and attitude he has in games. I really hope they win one, and even though I like Baltimore, and I would like seeing Warner make it after re-newing himself this year, I really am pulling for the Eagles to make the SB, and win it all. Still have one more tough test before they can make it though. Cardinals aren`t the same team they have been in the past.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
giants just.... were embarrassing. You got a 265 lb back whos been having a successful game and on 4th and 1 you pull the worst QB sneak ever. Even the second time, Jacobs gained about a yard and 1/2 so he still would have been successful.

Just terrible play calling. THey'd run the ball fine until they got to the 30 yard line, then the'd bench Jacobs for 6 plays and rely on Eli who flat out sucked yesterday and Ward who just didnt play well at all.

Go ahead, let Gilbride become a head coach because that was pathetic calling on his part.

2 things gotta be done this offense with the Giants:
1. Sign a new WR or hope Plax gets off the hook which wont happen, but Reese wants Plax back...
2. Get a new CB.
actually a third
3. Trade Kiwanuka because he's useless as a LB once Umenyiora comes back, and get a new LB.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
giants just.... were embarrassing. You got a 265 lb back whos been having a successful game and on 4th and 1 you pull the worst QB sneak ever. Even the second time, Jacobs gained about a yard and 1/2 so he still would have been successful.

Just terrible play calling. THey'd run the ball fine until they got to the 30 yard line, then the'd bench Jacobs for 6 plays and rely on Eli who flat out sucked yesterday and Ward who just didnt play well at all.

Go ahead, let Gilbride become a head coach because that was pathetic calling on his part.

2 things gotta be done this offense with the Giants:
1. Sign a new WR or hope Plax gets off the hook which wont happen, but Reese wants Plax back...
2. Get a new CB.
actually a third
3. Trade Kiwanuka because he's useless as a LB once Umenyiora comes back, and get a new LB.
I agree with your 1st thing. I think the CB's are good and we have to take into account that they are still very young. If you meant in terms of depth then yes, because I feel RW is old and we need a new PR. As for tradig Kiwanuka, that is a dumb move because as we saw this year, injuries happen. And it is very nice to have depth at DE as seen by Tuck's lower leg and knee injuries, as well as his tiresome play at the end of the game yesterday. I keep him if it is at a reasonable price. As for the new LB thing, I fully agree. I think we shouldve spent the money to keep Kawika and it was stupid to let him go.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
believe me I love Kiwanuka, and hes a great DE. But there's always other options and lets face it, Umenyiora will be back next year to full strength, Tuck is hard to get out of the game,and Cofield and Robbins aint going anywhere. Kiwanuka will be a decent LB but I still believe it was a terrible decision to move him to LB when he came to NY. Let him play DE or get some1 who will help this defense because yes it's good to have depth but the odds of Osi or Tuck gettign injured long term next year is very unrealistic.
They have Tollefson, whose young and has show signs of being a good backup, they should have him in a rotation along with Jay Alford.
Kiwanuka WONT succeed at LB and for the price of his contract, hes not a backup DE. Trade him and either get a draft pick which can be spent on getting a Linebacker or trade for a Linebacker.

Ross will be a great CB in 2 or 3 years, but right now he cant do so much. I like Webster and Dockery, Johnson and Butler. Phillips and Terrel Thomas will be great at CB ans FS in a few years, but right now they need a veteran CB and get rid of Madison. I think hes great but if your going to keep him limited to 3rd or 4th string hes useless.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
Awesome win over the Chargers for Pittsburgh lets see if we can keep this going against the Ravens next wekkend.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
For the first time in history, there is going to be an Australian playing in the Super Bowl. Cardinals punter Ben Graham and Eagles punter Sav Rocca (both former AFL players), obviously play against each other.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Well, what do you know?? An aussie in the SB, and both of them punters. Question is, what one will it be?? I`m saying Rocca

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't wait for Sunday. Should be some good games.
Me neither.
My heart starts beating fast when I think about it. lol
As you can tell, my teams dont win Championships much. lol

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Me neither.
My heart starts beating fast when I think about it. lol
As you can tell, my teams dont win Championships much. lol
I get the same way in heart pounding games or even NASCAR races. It'll be coming down to the end and my hearts just a pounding.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Believe it or not, some of the Lions games last year were like that as well. They`d keep it close, but than lose. That`s another reason why the Pistons bug me sometimes. They keep having games that are down to the wire, and I like watching them, but hate it at the same time.

Back to football, I really hope Ravens and Eagles pull it off, the time is nearing closer and closer.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One of my best friends is a Ravens fan so it should be interesting. lol

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Haha those are the best when that happens. i`m looking forward to my high schools basketball game on tuesday. We play one of our biggest rivals, in their town, and that just so happens to be the school one of my best friends goes to, so I see what you mean in a sense lol.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I have a feeling if the Steelers beat the Ravens they will win the Superbowl. Me and Cheato will be eating our crow. I don't put anything against the Eagles though so we'll see if they beat Arizona which I surely hope they do. The Ravens offense is going to have to do something if they want to win.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Well, they have a McClain & McGahee to run, Mason & Clayton to catch, and Flacco to throw. Their defense will play a HUGE part in this game though, each defense will.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thing is...

Steelers D > Ravens D
Steelers O > Ravens O

Not saying we will win, because I know anything can happen. Just sayin'.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Well, they have a McClain & McGahee to run, Mason & Clayton to catch, and Flacco to throw. Their defense will play a HUGE part in this game though, each defense will.
We'll see what McClain and McGahee can do against the NFL's best defense. Steelers are tough. Especially if their offense plays like they did against the Chargers. Ravens defense will definitely have to show up and they'll need to protect Flacco.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
We'll see what McClain and McGahee can do against the NFL's best defense. Steelers are tough. Especially if their offense plays like they did against the Chargers. Ravens defense will definitely have to show up and they'll need to protect Flacco.
Which they have all year. Only allowing him to be sacked about 12 times in the regular season(or somewher around there).

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald....

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Larry Fitz is amazing!
Best WR in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%