2008 NBA Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The teams he's most likely gonna go to which is either the t-wolves or the clippers they are gonna want him to score and be a distributor. I just feel he's game is the most ready. I feel he can step in and average at least 15 ppg and 5 assist from the beginning fo the season.
Alright I got you. I say Beasley will be though, if he can keep that rebounding number up.

nashty13

Teh Greatness
Reaction score
The teams he's most likely gonna go to which is either the t-wolves or the clippers they are gonna want him to score and be a distributor. I just feel he's game is the most ready. I feel he can step in and average at least 15 ppg and 5 assist from the beginning of the season.
That stat sounds about right, but is it enough to win ROY

really depends on the team he is picked by. The way it is going down with him likely going to minnesota, I don't think he will just because they want all the youth to develop. If he was to go to chicago, NY, or LAC I would think he would win. I see whoever NY selects winning it, my guess is eric gordon.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Augustine= Bust

OJ Mayo 2008-09 ROY mark it right now
lolz, Augustin is too smart of a player to be a bust. He is smart, has AMAZING ball handling skills, and has a good shot. He'll be just like the guy who is teaching him, Steve Nash.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh wow I forgot all about Oden, I change my mind I think Oden will be the ROTY.

1. Oden
2. Beasley
3. Mayo
4. Rose

I honestly don't see anyone else having a great season..

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That stat sounds about right, but is it enough to win ROY

really depends on the team he is picked by. The way it is going down with him likely going to minnesota, I don't think he will just because they want all the youth to develop. If he was to go to chicago, NY, or LAC I would think he would win. I see whoever NY selects winning it, my guess is eric gordon.
I heard that bayless may slip to them. He wants to play in d'antoni system. This is my sleeper pick brandon rush yea it may be a bit ku bias. but if he goes to the suns then he will be solid. The word is he is gonna go to LAC if this trade goes down. The T-wolves better hope Ricky Rubio turns out to be great.

bballer13333

Reaction score
I really dont think Oden will win ROY, his injury is a tough one to come back from.

Personally I really like Beasley. He is going to post close to double-double average and be a focal point on the Heat (assuming the Heat dont trade down).

1. Beasley
2. Rose
2a. Oden
4. Lopez (Only if he goes to Seattle since Seattle has no good bigs)

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The concern their is that i heard Riley is kind of 50/50 on drafting him. I heard he likes MAyo alot Dont be shocked if their could be some deal with beasley and mayo on draft night.

bballer13333

Reaction score
well wherever Beasley goes, he is going to be a focal point on the team. I think he should put up 14-15 PPG and something like 8-10 RPG type numbers wherever he goes.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont see him gettin that many boards a game maybe 7 or 8 at best

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Beasley is the real deal, that all I know. If I had to pick one draftee that I know would suceed and build my entire team around, it would be him.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm gonna go with OJ or D-Rose before him. He's gonna be good but he's gonns have some tough times with him being a 6'8 tweener

bballer13333

Reaction score
Dont be shocked if he does get 8-10 RPG. Even though he is really only 6'8'', he plays much bigger then that. He led college in rebounding and there were great rebounders like Brook, Hibbert, Dorsey, etc in the league.

Beasley is going to be a stud, probably will end up being a SF in his career, but one that can alternate to PF.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's also a lefty big man, which is very rare. Defenders will have a tough time with him. Kind of makes up for it with that.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Brook only averaged 8.2 rebounds at 7 foot thats not great to me.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, but if he was on a team like K-State, he would of averaged much more.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His brother Robin got a lot of rebounds himself, so that's probably why.

nashty13

Teh Greatness
Reaction score
rose goes first, that means he is runnign point with bg7, hinrich, nocioni, deng around him(for now) he wont score enough to win

beasley goes second, you see him beating wade and marion as a rookie for 1st and 2nd option? he will be 2nd option at best., and 15-16 ppg will not win ROY this year

mayo goes 3rd, playing with al jefferson, gerlad green, randy foye, and plenty of other youth. he might play good minutes but can't see him being a star when they are going to want to get most of the youth involved

bayless goes 4th, he will get 15 ppg and 6 apg. good stats, but not enough

kevin love goes 5th, here is a sleeper pick to win one. no big men on memphis, no good players on memphis. If he does have the muscle to play in the nba, he can get 18 and 10 a night for memphis. good enough to win ROY

eric gordon goes 6th, he has who aroudn him to take away from scoring? crawford led them last year, and might be the only legitament trade bait on the team. I see gordon starting for dantoni and being like barbosa did in a starting role. 18 ppg withotu a problem.

as you can see, its not the player that matters, it is where he gets picked. memphis is the best spot for a ROY, but I think a gaurd has a better chance to shine in the league as a rookie than a big man(especially in the west). So I say whoever memphis or NY pick has the best chance to win, my money is on NY though

nashty13

Teh Greatness
Reaction score
Dont be shocked if he does get 8-10 RPG. Even though he is really only 6'8'', he plays much bigger then that. He led college in rebounding and there were great rebounders like Brook, Hibbert, Dorsey, etc in the league.

Beasley is going to be a stud, probably will end up being a SF in his career, but one that can alternate to PF.
he is 6'7" according to PTI

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here's some green room invitees

-In a telling sign of just how much his stock has risen over the past few weeks, Robin Lopez has been invited to sit in the Green Room on draft night. This is a pretty good sign that NBA executives consider him likely to go somewhere around the mid-first round or earlier, as the league does not like situations where players are sitting in the Green Room long after everyone else has been picked, even if that makes for great television. Lopez has an excellent chance to be picked at #15 by the Suns, and if not will almost certainly be taken 17th by Toronto. Every NBA person we’ve spoken with has him slotted at either of those two picks.

-Other players rumored to be invited to the Green Room (outside of the obvious suspects--Rose, Beasley, Mayo, etc) are Joe Alexander, DeAndre Jordan, Darrell Arthur, Donte Greene, Brandon Rush and Anthony Randolph. The top rated prospects we either have not heard back from or are not invited include JaVale McGee, Kosta Koufos, Marreese Speights and Alexis Ajinca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%