Yankees owner George Steinbrenner Dies of Heart Attack

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
exactly. dude infested like 1.8 BILLION into that team over the years.

no one will ever have an impact like he has on any team in any sport. r.i.p
a bad impact though, he ruined baseball

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Allowing a MLB team to play in Canada ruined baseball. What a dump Toronto is.
How the hell is allowing a team in Canada ruining baseball? Explain how Toronto is a dump... Have you even been to Toronto?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
How the hell is allowing a team in Canada ruining baseball? Explain how Toronto is a dump... Have you even been to Toronto?
DON'T let him get the attention he's looking for, he probably hasn't gotten any for a few days...

Anyways, RIP!

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As much as I hated him and the Yankees, he did the best for his team.

RIP

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A sad day for all of baseball and an even sadder day for the New York Yankees. Only a couple days after Bob Sheppard passed away, we lose THE GREATEST owner of a franchise, of all time. George was more passionate about the Yankees fans than any owner of any team & nobody else will give back to fans as much as he did. The money George invested into the team for so long and his constant quest to field the highest of talent, was nothing more than him trying to give Yankee fans winners. People hate on the Yankees for monopolizing the all star talent but as a Yankee fan, I love the fact that George ushered in a relentless commitment to winning. His passing only makes last year's Championship season even more valuable.

This man gave back to the community more than most can imagine. To steal a quote from ESPN's article:
Steinbrenner always was partial to the military and at Yankee Stadium, men and women in uniform were admitted free.
Rest in peace Mr. Steinbrenner.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Allowing a MLB team to play in Canada ruined baseball. What a dump Toronto is.
I love how whenever you hear people <Censored> about Canada its cuz they've never been, its all speculation.

But u always hear from professionals, comedians, etc. saying they love visiting Canada.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Very sad news, RIP to the great Steinbrenner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%