Would Patriots be crazy if they...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I saw this on sportscenter a while ago, and was I noticed it was never discussed here. I thought it'd make a good topic, so what do you think? Would Patriots be crazy if they shopped Tom Brady and kept Matt Cassel? My opinion is yes. I know Cassel's been great, but I think Patriots should keep them both for next season. Just incase Brady gets hurt again or something like that. You can't trade the League MVP, he's the one who brought this team a 16-0 superbowl, and 3 championships. So I'd say it would be crazy to shop Tom Brady and keep Matt Cassel.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw this on sportscenter a while ago, and was I noticed it was never discussed here. I thought it'd make a good topic, so what do you think? Would Patriots be crazy if they shopped Tom Brady and kept Matt Cassel? My opinion is yes. I know Cassel's been great, but I think Patriots should keep them both for next season. Just incase Brady gets hurt again or something like that. You can't trade the League MVP, he's the one who brought this team a 16-0 superbowl, and 3 championships. So I'd say it would be crazy to shop Tom Brady and keep Matt Cassel.
i don't know if it's that crazy, brady is 31 and already in his 9th season (how time flys)...cassel is 26 and in his 4th season. i'd keep brady around for a couple more seasons and let cassel learn from him for another year or two. but i think cassel will be the man in the next couple seasons.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
remember this...

people said the same thing about Drew Bledsoe when Tom Brady took over when he was hurt

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Well they're gonna have to make a decision THIS offseason, because Cassel is gonna be a free agent. I don't see how they can keep both since both of them will want to be a starter in the NFL at this point.

Oh and I'd say keep Tom Brady. Matt Cassel hasn't proved anything right now.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
True, but Bledsoe wasn't an MVP, i'd want them to keep Brady and Cassel, just incase Brady gets hurt again they have Plam B which is Cassel

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Do you guys really want to have another curse by trading one of the best players to ever play the game? lol

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Tom Brady will be the Patriots QB as long as everything with the surgery and rehab continues to go well. However, Matt Cassell has done more than what I ever thought thus far. I guess I didn't really know him that well until he started playing this year. Patriots will keep Brady in must something drastically happens.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
if Surgery and rehab goes well, they would be crazy to shop him.

But then of course, think of what they could get for the guy... maybe it is worth it. I mean, yea, Cassel is no Tom Brady, but he's played dam well.

Well.. then of course, so did Derek Anderson last year and we all know how that ended.

They'd be crazy, but I'd understand, trying to fix any gap in their team and even pick up some draft picks.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
ya well no1 sells players anymore, lol.

It'd still be a curse if they traded away arguably one of the best QB's in the league, if not the best.
.. It's like trading Michael Jordan in his prime, ya just dont do it!

CurseReversed04

Reaction score
Jarrod, I actually never liked Bledsoe and wanted Brady back.
However, yes it is crazy to shop the greatest quarterback in NFL history.
Cassel had a great year but is no Tom Brady.
Franchise Cassel in case something happens to Brady.
If he is hurt again, Cassel starts.
If he is healthy, trade him for some great defensive players.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No because one thing Brady has proven to be one of the best all-time at Cassell has never done. That is turn in an amazing clutch performance when needed.

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
Pretty much agree with everyone else why would they want to stop on of the best qb's in the game and since Brady can still bring alot more to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%