What's Matt Cassel's trade value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Former 49ers and Lions head coach Steve Mariucci, who had a strong reputation for his work with quarterbacks, now serves as an analyst for NFL Network. He was asked today for his thoughts on what Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel might be worth in a trade. "Would you take a Mark Sanchez or a [Matthew] Stafford out of college in the first round, or would you take a Matt Cassel, who has won big games, is 11-5 already, and has experience under his belt for a first-rounder? You'd take Matt Cassel, I would think," Mariucci said. "He's a healthy young guy who has experience. So yeah, he's a first-round [pick] easy. More than a first round. First and something else." Mariucci elaborated on Cassel. "I would put a high value on him, but keep in mind that he's a young quarterback playing on a very good team," he said. Mariucci believes the Patriots will end up keeping Cassel, even given the salary cap considerations.
What do you guys think?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
it's tough to tell. I mean, he was on the Patriots, great O-Line and great receivers... tough to tell.

dlc7619

Reaction score
I think second round not first. Get him on a team that is in the middle of the pack and see what he can do. It will not be the same as what he did for New England. His stock will go down the hill to second or third round pick.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I hope we don't trade him

dlc7619

Reaction score
They aren't trading him until they see that Brady cando it again. Then they will trade him

Cejis33

Serve the Servants
Reaction score
Cassel will be no where near as good next year but the Patriots will still trade him for at least a 1st rounder OR a good young quality defender

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
rumors speculating KC wants him badly.. hopefully, NE can get a minimum 2nd rdr for him

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDK if I would want this. Cassell had 1 good year, and he had a GREAT team around him.

Could be like Derek Anderson of this year

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Detroit anyone?

We got so many picks :]
IDK if I'd give either of our 1st though.

Mooche

Reaction score
I am really not sold on Cassell to be quite honest. I don't know why everyone is calling him a "franchise pillar" so soon. I mean, I will give him credit, I didn't think ANYONE would have guessed he would have played so well for the Patriots. That being said, I think he was a good QB with a bunch of great targets this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%